wannabe_punk

wannabe_punk's Profile Comments

sadSTATUE wrote on May 20th, 2010 2:49am

wannabe_punk wrote on May 18th, 2010 at 11:45pm :
how did you get to be in charge of a guitar shop? what's the story behind that?

It all kinda started when I couldn't find a job ANYWHERE around here. Bunch of places kept saying yeah we can take you, then by the time it came around to actually do anything, they were like lolnah. Frustration and brokeness ensues.
It was all kinda by accident that my dad found this ad for a storefront with like... ridiculously cheap rent, considering. We go up, look, and it's basically perfect for a three room guitar shop.
So I start contacting companies and we manage to get into some wholesale people, starting to get some inventory, and that's pretty much where it is right now. I'm the only one in the family with any decent knowledge of guitars or instruments in general, and by the time it opens officially, I'll be the only one running the place, except for the occasional Saturday, since both my parents still work in PG.

sadSTATUE wrote on May 15th, 2010 12:33am

Aiight, I'll definitely check 'em out.

Aaah, that's cool. I actually considered PGCC for a little while just to get stuff out of way. Before I moved, of course, but that's besides the point. But I wouldn't go as far to say big shot :p but yeah, the guitar shop is a family business that I'm in charge of, although technically the grand opening doesn't happen until the beginning of July.

sadSTATUE wrote on May 14th, 2010 2:26am

wannabe_punk wrote on May 12th, 2010 at 10:27pm :
4 am...hooooly sheeeit. maybe we should've jammed when we were within walking distance of each other.
i spent a couple years at umbc and i'm at pgcc now, hopefully getting a job soon doing computer-y things. also composing in my free time, if you've got guitar pro i'll send you some links

Yeahhh, that WOULD have been cool, I'm only in Maryland every once in a while now. Mostly for my band. When we practice once every... two months, it seems.
Hmmm... PGCC, Is it really as bad as people make it out to be?
Oh yeah, I've got guitar pro, I'd like to check 'em out.

sadSTATUE wrote on May 13th, 2010 3:56am

wannabe_punk wrote on May 12th, 2010 at 7:05pm :
lol wut
did you graduate from roosevelt? or another high school? or at all?

Yeah, I graduated from Roose. We had to move, but my parents didn't want to pull me out of school. Soooo... did a little bit of talking to our old neighbors, used their address, got up at 4 AM every day for a year and a half, and no one was any the wiser.

sadSTATUE wrote on May 12th, 2010 8:56pm

wannabe_punk wrote on May 12th, 2010 at 2:46pm :
so yeah, what's up? you're in PA now? and don't you like my recordings?

Yeah, I'm stuck in this little PA shit town. Which I MAY or MAY NOT have been here since my junior year, but *cough* as far as most know, I was still in Maryland >_>
Good shit you got there. I remember the live ones... Good ol' coffeehouse :p Too bad it went pretty downhill since.
So what have you been up to?

sadSTATUE wrote on May 10th, 2010 6:26am

wannabe_punk wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 12:24am :
i'm sure the birthday i listed helped

Only the biggest clue :p:

sadSTATUE wrote on May 10th, 2010 6:17am

wannabe_punk wrote on May 10th, 2010 at 12:12am :
after i've gotten some sleep we are going to comment the hell out of each other playing catch-up

lol aight, sounds good to me. I was like HOLY SHIT :wtf: when I figured out who you were.

mrizik11 wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 10:25pm

the other day i tried to upload it; it got 3 affirmative votes and got declined

mrizik11 wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 11:42am

well i was going to say,
put the tab up! ill vote for it and get others to

and yeah the phish is like a conceited douchebag.

mrizik11 wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 4:22am

hey did you vote for my black valor tab?

RPGoof wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 9:54pm

wannabe_punk wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 at 5:07pm :
hey saw your epi demon v under the rhoads v thread (hooray for search bar)...i was at my guitar shop today and saw one (even the same color) for $100. how much did you pay for yours and how you like it?

Sorry for the last response, I didn't notice you commented me :[
If it happens to still be at the guitar shop, I would say grab it. I really like the guitar. I got it $250 used. The neck is fast and its pretty comfortable to play on. The pickups sound good but the neck pickup can be a bit muddy at times. Overall it sounds pretty nice and looks cool and is definitely worth more than $100