tuwyci

tuwyci's Profile Comments

Amalgam wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 9:10am

they're electronic drums, my singer's.

Dave_Mc wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 4:52pm

it's very, very nice. bear in mind though that the newer viennas are semi-hollow and the older ones aren't.

It does have some cosmetic defects though, but i was told mine was a prototype model (and I got it at a pretty decent price). But they don't affect how it plays or sounds, which is the main thing (though if you'd paid full RRP, or close to it, you'd probably be justified in being a bit annoyed).

Dave_Mc wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 1:28pm

regarding the custom guitars, it depends on whom you go to, i guess. certainly they're worth it if you go to someone who's reputable.

i haven't tried the eggle berlin, but i'd assume they're all of similar quality (at least, assuming a similar age of manufacture). I could be wrong, though. :)

loubot123 wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 3:19am

tuwyci wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 10:08pm :

alright kl i felt a bit weird about phoning round but its a good idea. we just need the facilities really i have a home studio but i dont have a neumann and its not sound proofed. Ill phone them up in september i can get the no. were in edinburgh so i can get a few colleges here. cheers anyway!

The college has 2 studios and bands book studio time and find a studant willing to be the engineer for credit/projects, just ask when they answer to be put through to the music department and explain what you would like to do and ask if they know of any studants who would be intrested. Most of the studants are awsome, I sat in the studio for 7 hours with one of the enginners and there so much fun, and they get the job done. Just look up "Stow College" on google and you'll find the number on the website

x

loubot123 wrote on Jul 3rd, 2008 3:02am

I was only an NQ studant so my knowlege is limited, I was only really good at pro tools based projects and mic-ed up the instruments for other bands I think one of the HND studants (higher level) would probably do justice to your recording. If you want I can get you my college phone number and you could call up with music department and get a HND studant in, they are always looking for opartunites (plus with the offering of payment, there will probably be a few wanting to do it :P) Only thing is you will have to wait till summer is over : / (25th august)
Im assuming your in the glasgow area too yes ?
let me know if that suits you better !
I would do it if I thought I would do a good job but Im better at the whole music buissness side of my course

tands wrote on Jun 18th, 2008 4:41am

yo dude, i agree nothing will ever surpass dark side of the moooooooon