turtlewax

turtlewax's Profile Comments

Unskathed wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 7:19am

turtlewax wrote on May 24th, 2010 at 1:23pm :
Hi, when you had your Windsor Head, where you able to get a decent sound at bedroom volumes?

Thanks

Super late reply. I never check my UG Profile.
Yes. I loved my Windsor. I could coax good tones out of it at any volume. I actually ran it in sterero with my Engl Fireball for a while because the Fireball didn't have any balls in comparison. lol

Acoustic_Drew wrote on May 4th, 2010 5:51am

Hey man, thanks for the compliments on my Dexter cover. Got the tab from UG actually: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_televis ion/dexter_main_title_tab.htm

later!

unregistered_1255108 wrote on Apr 3rd, 2010 12:44pm

Hey Lewis, put one of our recordings up on my profile if you don't mind. I've given credits to you on guitar in the description. XD

Rock&RollStar wrote on Nov 22nd, 2009 1:02pm

turtlewax wrote on Sep 4th, 2009 at 1:02pm :
hi, just wondered..does your epiphone sound dark and bassy through your Vox? Mine does.

It can do. i find the amp pretty versatile though, so i just mess around with the EQ a bit.

josippesut wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 1:13am

Hi, man. Regarding equalization and other music equipment, I suggest you first experiment with lots of various distortions, effects, pedals, whatever. And always try to get what's best from it. Through the time you will notice which pedals work best for you. You can achieve good results with non-expensive equipment only if you know how to manipulate with the tone, and that comes with the practice.

You have to have the tone you want in your mind, and based on that you choose your equalizations and other stuff. Everything else will come to you naturally.

As for certain products, I was pretty satisfied with Maxon distortions, and Lexicon products work amazingly, but they're expensive. :)

GS LEAD 5 wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 1:55pm

turtlewax wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 11:03pm :
up the irons!

\m/

ZeGuitarist wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 7:18pm

turtlewax wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:40pm :
Hi, can you play C mixolydian over a C7 chord.? Thanks

Depends in what context... is the C7 chord used in a progression? If so, what progression? It's possible to play C Mixolydian over a C7 chord, as long as the rest of the progression provides the correct modal setting for Mixolydian as well... you can also use only the C7 chord as a modal vamp in itself, and in that case it's definitely possible to play Mixolydian over it. Even though it will sound boring and repetitive, due to you using only one chord all the time.

However, if the C7 chord is used in a progression that's not modal, i.e. where the other chords don't declare the Mixolydian mode like the C7 chord does, it's not possible to play C Mixolydian over it. That is, it is possible, but it's not called C Mixolydian then. It's just a C Major scale with a minor 7th accidental.

ZeGuitarist wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 9:46pm

turtlewax wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 5:42pm :
That clears it up then, is there a good way to get out of the habit of always landing on the root?

There is: stop doing it all the time, and practice NOT landing on the root :p

No really, it all takes a lot of dedication and practice. People always ask for hints, tips or tricks to learn something difficult a lot easier and/or faster, but they don't exist, practice is the key to everything! So good luck!

STABxYOU wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 8:52pm

turtlewax wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 4:37pm :
I personally find emo irritating. Listen to some man metal

Umm... take a look at my list of favourite bands, I listen to more 'man metal' (whaever the fuck that means...) then you. On top of that, emo is way more intense then the metal you have listed too. Sorry son, you fail.

STABxYOU wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 8:07pm

turtlewax wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 9:40am :
Whatever they are they are kinda boring

I agree. But, emo is good and interesting, and nothing like that boring pablum rock.

Kevy Absolution wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 6:29pm

I record using an Audio-Technica mic into Garage Band.

STABxYOU wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 7:32am

turtlewax wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 5:43am :
so you don't include fightstar as emo?

Lol, no. They sound nothing like emo. They sound like boring mall metal mixed with alternative. Actually, I'd place them a lot closer to nu metal then to emo. Saetia, Portrait, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Small Brown Bike, Moss Icon... that's emo. Fight Star is just crappy corporate rock.

David Blackbird wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 6:48am

turtlewax wrote on Aug 29th, 2009 at 9:08am :
hi, I'mm generation 10 as well, where did you get it from?

I got my generation 10 from here.

Kevy Absolution wrote on Aug 16th, 2009 9:11pm

turtlewax wrote on Aug 16th, 2009 at 3:03pm :
Hi, your playing is great, please could you tell me how I could improve my improv on my profile. You seem to know what your doing guitar wise lol

Well thank you, I really appreciate it!

Well improv varies by style, but the first step is havin a good knowledge of how song keys work and how to play in key.

Once you get that, learn your pebtatonic and blues scales. Those are essential to modern improv. I can keep helping you if you wish.

cccforthree wrote on Jul 16th, 2009 12:24pm

turtlewax wrote on Jul 16th, 2009 at 6:06am :
hi how did you find my profile? You weren't on any of the same threads...

through my friends profile :)

| Lightning | wrote on Jul 11th, 2009 10:38pm

you were right, our music tastes are very similar :)

Punk_Ninja wrote on Jun 27th, 2009 11:14pm

hah, I'm just not a big pickup ring fan in general, so on a pickguard, when it's not even needed, it grinds me a bit more :P

sgboy666 wrote on Jun 27th, 2009 11:08pm

I use it mainly with the US Hi Gain model but I only put the amp gain on about 5. This is so my rhythms sound clean and then I can kick in the pedal for solos or to accentuate a riff.

sgboy666 wrote on Jun 26th, 2009 11:48pm

Hey thanks for the request!
The Bad Monkey sounds ok with the AD50, It can be a bit fizzy sometimes but if your using it as a slight boost then it does the job pretty well.

Andragon wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 8:29am

666th view is mine... eerie?
Good S&D cover btw. Needs some extra "crunch" tone-wise, but definitely good.

1 2 read next