toyboxmonster

toyboxmonster's Profile Comments

Banjocal wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 1:14pm

The best guitar player who is still alive is, in my opinion, Alan Sparhawk of Low.

Mors_o))) wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 10:58pm

toyboxmonster wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 4:36pm :
I haven't noticed any noise, but I've yet to use it in a really loud practice or live environment. I'll let you know after I do.
Thanks Phil, much appreciated.

Mors_o))) wrote on Jan 3rd, 2012 4:45am

how's the RC-3 treating you? i'm seriously considering one but i keep reading comments about it being noisy.

Aliens-exist182 wrote on Oct 27th, 2011 7:11pm

It appears we have quite contrasting tastes in music.

Its quite funny, we appear to be...Polar opposites, in that aspect, if you will. haha

autumnsweater2 wrote on Jul 25th, 2011 5:30am

is that a bigsby on a jaguar? badass.

bokma wrote on Jun 5th, 2011 7:12pm

toyboxmonster wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 at 11:32pm :
Thanks! I really should do something with some of the better ones =/

I'd suggest extending them all into 10 minute ambient tracks!! :D Haha; But do what you want, man! I just find those loops to have so much potential.
Instant Drowning, This Horse Must Fly, To Be a Piano are just spectacular.

bokma wrote on Jun 5th, 2011 12:49am

I still come to your profile frequently to listen to your ambient loops.
I enjoy them so much :D

ma_tt11 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 4:53am

toyboxmonster wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:16pm :
Yes, I am. My band's actually currently looking for a drummer, as we just lost a member. We have our first show in a little over a month and are recording an ep soon. You can check us out if you want:
www.myspace.com/idresslikeagirl
Are you in a band around here?

I was, but we lost a few members and never really regained momentum... so I'm looking for something new to do haha. If I played drums I'd offer to lend a hand there, but unfortunately I'm just a guitarist!/songwriter/working on becoming a singer too.

Checked out your band though, really like the sound! Wheres the show at?

ma_tt11 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 8:54pm

Hey man, noticed you're from Ottawa too - are you in a band here?

bokma wrote on Feb 6th, 2010 3:19am

toyboxmonster wrote on Feb 4th, 2010 at 7:26am :
Haha
Yes, I have....but then I found that I'm much too lazy and unmotivated.
I tend to need a structured environment with other band members expecting me to finish things by a certain time; otherwise, I never get anything does.
The fact that I got a request from you might help though...I'll try to get back to work on ambient stuff; I've been working mostly on indie-ish shoegaz-ish space-rock material for my current band lately.
Thanks a lot ^^

Your welcome! It can be really hard to get motivated so I know what you mean. I always wanted to make ambient stuff like those loops you made but I'll never know how! haha
cheers man

bokma wrote on Feb 2nd, 2010 4:29am

So I was listening to your ambient loops... and I was thinking: have you ever considered making longer versions of those loops and releasing an album? If you did, I would love you forever :D

DazzaSchwings wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 12:45pm

I like your "loop" tracks. They're good. Kind of like Pygmalion crossed with Selected Ambient Works 2.

xwearesinking wrote on Oct 25th, 2009 12:57am

that would be wonderful, i'd love to meet more people into ambient stuff. unfortunately i don't really have a lot of time to jam and stuff right now, but i'd still like to talk to him. thanks a ton

xwearesinking wrote on Sep 1st, 2009 2:57pm

Sure, just let me know whenever works for you. I'll be pretty busy so to be honest I think it might be pretty hard to fiind time to jam.

xwearesinking wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 8:27pm

I start school again on Tuesday, the 2nd. If you wanted to meet up tomorrow I could probably do it anytime after I finish the radio show.

xwearesinking wrote on Aug 29th, 2009 11:04pm

Sorry i haven't been able to get the drum thing for you, I've been crazy busy. I'll try and do it by Monday

xwearesinking wrote on Aug 21st, 2009 4:27pm

I think I know what you're going for. I'll try to record something early next week since I work all weekend.

Do you want me to hit a crash cymbal at the beginning of each bar so you can keep track of where you are? 5/4 can be a bit tricky to jam along too.

xwearesinking wrote on Aug 21st, 2009 4:50am

BY THE WAY

did you walk into the rideau center from the main entrance on rideau st. at approximately 3:03 pm today?

xwearesinking wrote on Aug 21st, 2009 4:48am

I think that's good enough. How fast show I play?

The quality will be MUCH worse than my demos, cause drums are wayyyy louder than what I have my amp set at. You'll hear tons and tons of clipping. I'll try to make it work though

xwearesinking wrote on Aug 21st, 2009 3:42am

Errrr, I can try. I mean, I don't have any problem whatsoever playing in odd time signatures, I just might have a problem recording. I can write something on the computer and send it to you as a MIDI file if you want? Or I can try recording, it'll be absolutely horrible quality though.

What type of beat do you want? What tempo? I can do a polyrhythm, so the snare would be accented as if it were a 4/4 beat, but in 5/4. Eighth notes? Sixteenths? Busy snare-work? Tom work? High hat? Ride? Tell meeeeee

1 2 3 4 read next