tommaso.zillio

tommaso.zillio's Profile Comments

jenslarsen wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 10:32pm

tommaso.zillio wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 at 10:25pm :
Thanks Jen. If you happen to tour again here and pass by Edmonton AB, send me a message so we can meet. I'm serious!

I will. Though I doubt that we'll be back before 2016 or so, since that is how it works with the bigger jazz festivals. If you find yourself in the Netherlands let me know :)

jenslarsen wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 7:13pm

Nice lessons Tommaso! Keep'em coming :)

I was on tour in Canada last summer, great country great people!

crazysam23_Atax wrote on May 20th, 2013 2:39am

tommaso.zillio wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 1:47pm :
Yeah, it was pretty funny. I'll be sure to make all the preparations for your initiation ceremony in the Hess-collective hahaha

:haha:

And I'm glad you like the map. If you have suggestions for future articles/lessons/eBooks I would value your opinion very much. I have 2-3 articles already in the queue, but I'm always on the hunt for good ideas.
Well, if I think of anything, I'll throw it your way. :)

crazysam23_Atax wrote on May 19th, 2013 6:54pm

tommaso.zillio wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 10:31am :
Hey crazysam. Seems that you are now part of a covert conspiracy of the Hess-clan "or some larger, more nefarious force"

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/music_theor y/6_things_most_guitar_players_dont_understand_abo ut_music_theory.html#5010238
That link didn't work, but that idea is pretty damn funny to me. :haha:

Anyway, I really like the lessons you write. I signed up for your newsletter and got the music theory map. Very nicely done. :)

yoyoloto wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 1:13am

I think I saw you in a jam video on tom hess' youtube channel, were you his student ?

chris flatley wrote on Mar 2nd, 2012 8:52pm

I enjoyed reading your articles. Very good. Thanks for writing them.

Xeus wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 1:44pm

great articles man, especially the blues arppegio one. Another piece of the puzzle of music has been unveiled to me :)

tommaso.zillioa wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 9:58pm

turtlewax wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 9:01am :
Nice article on improvisation, although how come in the Comfortably Numb solo where Gilmour constantly hits the B note and fights the progession it does not sound dissonant?
Thanks

This is one of the exceptions I was mentioning in the article. The guidelines I've written are meant to be a starting point, after you get them then you can use all the "wrong" notes that you want and make them sound good. Anyway, why it works? 1) the song is in B minor, so B is the root note and will sound acceptable on all chords in the progression 2) there are no wrong notes but only wrong resolutions. Resolution does not only mean to play a "wrong" note, and then a "right" one. It also mean to play a "wrong" note long enough that the chord change and our note becomes a "right" one since the chord has changed. This is what Gilmour is doing on Comfortably Numb. Hope this answer your question, let me know if you need more explanations :-)

turtlewax wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 5:01pm