theogonia777

theogonia777's Profile Comments

krvolok wrote on Jul 7th, 2014 7:19am

Rarely do you see a more appropriate song for a particular day in the year.

krvolok wrote on Jul 4th, 2014 10:25am

Hail Ol' Glory! And a happy, happy birthday to you!

krvolok wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 11:47pm

Epic response time for the win!

Sorry for that, I really don't check my UG account on a regular basis anymore.
Anyways, lapsteel, glad you're enjoying it. Though I can only imagine the chord progression you posted until you record something.
I am enjoying all the slide guitar work on ...Like Clockwork, which is fast becoming my favorite "modern" rock album.

Finally, all is well with you, I hope?

Bad Kharmel wrote on Apr 11th, 2014 5:21pm

I'm sorry Theo, that last thread almost felt like a personal attack on you, I was honest but I should have thought before I posted, I'm sorry:(

The Wildchild wrote on Mar 4th, 2014 2:54pm

nice rack

krvolok wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 5:26pm

The lapsteel? I'm not so familiar with the instrument or the brands to know is that some sort of a god-lapsteel or not, but in any case, play it, enjoy it, get a clip up soon.

padgea7x wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 3:08am

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 5:44pm :
pls

Well, since you just provided an extremely convincing argument. Sure! Why not?!

But you better be funny blud

krvolok wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 10:18pm

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 14th, 2014 at 3:05am :
Don't mention it.

Also wait until you see what I got. I haven't actually "gotten" it yet though.

A million dollars? In that case, do share, ol' chap.

krvolok wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 9:35am

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 1:09am :
It's that time of year again, is it not?

Cheers, buddy!

padgea7x wrote on Jan 10th, 2014 9:23pm

theogonia777 wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 12:28am :
Sometimes I quote my own posts when nobody responds to them but then I change it so it has your username in the quote box so that way it won't look like I laughed at my own quote.

You're also making me look an unfunny cunt. So don't ever do it again

Ometh wrote on Dec 14th, 2013 2:26pm

Watup? Is everything aight?
And yeah I know I took a month to respond but I'm stupid so yeah.

Andrea55 wrote on Nov 26th, 2013 3:54am

theogonia777 wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 4:22pm :
happy birthday

wud u lik birthday n00dz

or other birthday rquests

i cud rit a vore story abot me eating u or u eating me

Aww thanks for the birthday wish! :hug:

Oh you!

StewieSwan wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 4:01am

theogonia777 wrote on Nov 21st, 2013 at 7:11pm :
I might impulse buy a guzheng. Maybe not actual "impulse" buy, but pretty close to it. Maybe this model:

Decent choice. Dunhuang make pretty solid instruments most of the time. Just be aware that this is not an intermediate model like the website claims, but rather a starter model, equivalent to a cheap epiphone or something.

If you can spring for it, this model is far superior and not that much more expensive. http://www.chinesezither.net/Dunhuang-Yun-Guzheng- 896E.html

Be wary of the online checkout on this particular site, though. I'd recommend calling them and paying over the phone, because their checkout is not secure.

Ometh wrote on Nov 1st, 2013 11:56pm

hello

Dreadnought wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 2:56am

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:22am :
I'd probably want to call that C6add11 since it has C6 (CEGA) with the 4th (11th) added. If it had a 7th (Bb) it would be a C13. Actually, it has all of the same degrees as Don Helms's famous E6 tuning (1, 3, 4 (11), 5, 6). Steel guitar tunings are sort of weird though because they often have a note or two that are not in the name. For example, the standard Nashville E9 pedal steel tuning has a D#, which is the major 7th, and the standard pedal steel C6 has an F like your tuning.

FM9 would also work I think (FAC is the major triad, E is the M7th, and G is the 2nd (9th)).

Sounds good to me!

Dreadnought wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 4:25pm

theogonia777 wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 4:34pm :

Though it is very interesting (and efficient as far as time goes) to, rather than learn many tunings, just sit down and put the harmonic possibilities on paper and then try and figure out how to get those sort of voicings and licks on a more familiar or common tuning.

For what it's, I don't (and have never, just because of the nature of how I play guitar) approach alternate tunings with that method. Usually, I force myself to stay in the alternate tuning, my favorite being CGCFAE (do not know the chord name for this, moderately complicated), and figure out the feel of it as opposed to working out voicing or shape possibilities.

Of course another way might work better for another person, but this has always been the best method for me. That way I approach the tuning from the direction of trying to discover it's natural sound.

Dreadnought wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 1:01am

I'll be honest, you already seem like you have a better understanding of theory and applications behind different open tunings than I do haha. Although it is flattering that you would ask me! You seem to be very knowledgeable already

guitarxo wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 5:29pm

theogonia777 wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 12:28am :
I am going to have to eat you due to the UG Awards.

What does that mean?????

TheNameOfNoone wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 11:00pm

theogonia777 wrote on Aug 10th, 2013 at 1:42pm :
Leaving a comment because you clearly haven't checked your PMs yet.

Hey, UG doesn't have "new message" notification so I didn't see it until now. Gotta make a thread in feedback subforum...

TheNameOfNoone wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 12:00pm

Hey, you probably don't know me, I saw you talking to Krvolok long time ago and I also saw you mentioned that you play a lot of bluegrass.
I am very ignorant of the whole bluegrass scene, so could you give me a few nice, fast, difficult bluegrass songs for guitar I can learn? I like bluegrass and I love the feeling when I learn songs that are very tough to learn.

Thanks in advance :)