thechaostheory

thechaostheory's Profile Comments

SGT. WARNING wrote on Sep 2nd, 2012 8:46pm

thechaostheory wrote "Way better bassist than me bro!".

I cheat, I use a pick "cause my fingers are messed up from work" and play the bass as if it was a normal guitar "other than chords".
If you listen closely you can hear the pick hitting the bass strings, so I try to hide it as much as I can.... Thanks for the listens and your comments Chaos, as always, mush appreciated!.... :headbang:

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 4:22pm

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:17pm :
Well, I found it to be pretty good regardless. Guessing you're a Hendrix fan?

Yes, I like Hendrix's music and playing style. The name kind of referred to the purple t-shirts we were wearing. The band leader just said that the name could include "purple" and "Purple Haze" was the first thing that came to my mind.

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 4:14pm

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:08pm :
This is great! Sounds pretty good, you play all the parts for this? It reminds me of my time in my school jazz band. This was our favorite song to play. Our bassist would start that riff, I'd come in on guitar and have my wah going, and then everyone would just kick in to it! Great job!

Thanks. This is from our music camp jazz band jams. The band was called "Purple Haze," my name idea of course. :D I play the second trumpet solo. There are three trumpets, flute, marimba, bass synth (the band leader), drums and percussion. I haven't really improvised on trumpet before so my solos on these recordings are not mind blowing.

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 7:54pm

Do you use a metronome? I think Audacity has a click track. It's pretty important if we want to do overdubs.

BTW what amp are you using?

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 7:46pm

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 8:40pm :
I've never heard of Cubase before. I'll look into it sometime. I have a Yeti studio mic and I run that direct to audacity on my computer. I normally just put the mic near the amp, or for vocals I'll sing right into it. I have a PA, but I don't like using it for recording :/

I think Cubase is not free unless you have bought a Digitech RP pedal or some other kind of product that includes it.

What about drums and bass? Do you have a bass guitar and how do you record drums? I make a midi file that I convert into mp3 or then I use a Cubase instrument. And I record bass tracks of course because I have a bass guitar.

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 6:08pm

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 6:42pm :
Collaboration: Do you have Audacity or anything like that? And I was thinking, we pick a key, write some riffs, chord progressions, ect. and send them to each other. Then the other person will start to add to them and we continue till a song is written ;p Just something I felt like trying. I have some stuff in Cm, and some in Am that I'll get recorded soon. If you have the time, it could be pretty fun (hopefully).

That would be cool! Do you have Cubase? I mean, Audacity is just fine but I'm used to recording with Cubase. What recording equipment do you have? I'm going to send you my email address so send me yours with Private Message.

thechaostheorya wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 5:38pm

Oh, I see. If you ever plan to get a mic, get a Yeti. They're great! But the pedal sounds good in the recordings still.

Glad I got the song to give that feel!

Also, just checked out the band... Amazing! Really like your stuff!

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 9:44am

I don't have a proper mic (I only have a crappy one). And it's easier to record with my multi FX. The recorded sounds are good but it sounds kind of uninspiring when I play alone. But I think it tries to mimic the recorded sounds.

Recording collaboration... Sounds interesting. If I have time then maybe. I mean, how would it work? Do you have some ideas?

Yes, "Night" sounds kind of sad, a bit creepy.

BTW, I suggest you to check out our band, Host. We have some instrumental stuff (and we are going to record some more and maybe re-record some). We aren't a trio any more because we have a pianist/second guitarist. I play the bass in our band. http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hosttrio/

thechaostheorya wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 10:35pm

[/quote]Yes, it's a multi FX, I only use it for recording because it destroys my amp's tone, turns a good tube sound into a digital crap. Not really a fan of FX. I have never written anything for trumpet. But I would like to. Maybe some kind of trumpet melody or solo... I don't know. I have been playing it since I was seven, started playing it in 2001. Yeah, Night was kind of strange song. Kind of like a sound painting.[/quote]

Thought so. Why don't you just try micing the amp up? It takes some time to find the "sweet spot", but once you get it, your amp will sound great! I got an Idea. Been wanting to do this for some time too. Wanna do a recording collaboration?

Also, I wrote that song for an english project so it's supposed to sound very haunting and sad. Do you think I got that emotion from it?

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 9:43pm

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 10:31pm :
Haha! No problem. Your stuff is good!!! I'm guessing that your pedal is a multi effects? I'd look forward to something on the trumpet! I'm not that great at it, just learning it. Way better at Saxophone! Did you check out Night? I'm sure you'll like that if you play a concert instrument!

Yes, it's a multi FX, I only use it for recording because it destroys my amp's tone, turns a good tube sound into a digital crap. :D Not really a fan of FX. I have never written anything for trumpet. But I would like to. Maybe some kind of trumpet melody or solo... I don't know. I have been playing it since I was seven, started playing it in 2001. Yeah, Night was kind of strange song. Kind of like a sound painting.

thechaostheorya wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 9:30pm

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:04pm :
thechaostheory wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:00am :Really like this! Not really shredding though (which is cool with me cuz I like there to actually be melodic soloing in music over just really fast playing). Really like the tone. Great playing! Rock on \m/. .\m/
Thanks for the comment.

Yeah, I have found some useful sounds with my RP355 pedal. Good for recording, not that good for just playing.

Oh, and I also play trumpet.

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 9:12pm

Ahh now I feel that I have to write something for trumpet...

MaggaraMarine wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 9:04pm

thechaostheory wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:00am :

Thanks for the comment.

Oh, and I also play trumpet. :)

SGT. WARNING wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 7:41pm

Thanks for that bro, feedback always appreciated.... :headbang: My mix-craft 3 program crashed before I could finish that one "2001", so the second half is a little sloppy, but it was fun to create....cool cool.

SGT. WARNING wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 1:40am

Your recording quality was pretty good too... I could hear all the instruments, the panning was good. Kinda reminded me of me, if you don't know much, make what you know sound good. You'd be surprised at how little I know when it comes to playing...."self taught" but what I do know I try to make it sound good.... cool cool.

SGT. WARNING wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 1:38am

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: a case of the zombies :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

SGT. WARNING wrote on May 18th, 2012 1:07am

Thanks for your comments, rating, feedback and all, much appreciated!.... I am sorry to say that I am musically illiterate "cant read or write music". All my musical pieces are created and played by ear, so I have no tabs to share. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

SGT. WARNING wrote on Jun 24th, 2011 5:49pm

thanks for your comment and rating on grunge idea much appreciated!...
I think on that tune I found the drums as samples on the e-net and then cut and pasted the drum samples to fit together. Cool Cool, Cheers!