thePTOD

thePTOD's Profile Comments

stonyman65 wrote on May 22nd, 2013 1:55am

Hey I'm really sorry for your loss dude. I hope everything gets better for you soon.

madmax33096 wrote on May 29th, 2012 3:26am

thePTOD wrote on May 28th, 2012 at 4:26pm :
madmax33096 wrote on May 27th, 2012 at 10:02pm :I really like This Godless Endeavor and Enemies Of Reality. Honestly, they have a lot of albums that I like but those are among my favorites. I personally have not checked out Jeff's solo stuff but I've been wanting to hear it. It sounds interesting.JL's solo stuff is really good. The first album Zero Order Phase sounds lots like Nevermore stuff, but I guess he was in that mindset.
TGE is my favorite album, and I think Dead Heart In A Dead World might come after it. EOR is really great too, and I like TOC. I don't own any of the pre-Dead Heart albums.
I guess I'll have to check them out. Sounds pretty cool.

madmax33096 wrote on May 28th, 2012 4:02am

chriscobonham wrote on May 17th, 2012 2:22pm

Arn pls

WCPhils wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 10:28pm

thePTOD wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 4:33pm :
TICTP was REALLY good, and they're super hardcore and energetic live. Their rhythm guitarist broke a string on the 2nd song, but he fixed it flawlessly.

I was in theatre seating for Periphery...watching the pit in the intro to Icarus Lives was downright insane.

There was a lot of mosh moments during PTH's set, but they ended with C'est La Vie, and in that climax section the entire room became a pit, I almost had to fight for my life.

Haha, that's freaking awesome. Cest La Vie is probably the song I want to here most live. Not my favorite song of theirs, but I imagine it to be so energetic like you just said.

WCPhils wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 9:22pm

thePTOD wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 3:10pm :
It was definitely one of the best nights of my life dude! Today I Caught The Plague and The Safety Fire were really great. Jeff Loomis was phenomenal. Periphery was darn good too although I got out of the pit for that and PTH played 12 songs and they really killed it. Rody made some jokes too, he was really lively. Afterwards I bought TICTP's album and shirt, a PTH shirt, and TSF's album.

And I got pictures with Luke Hoskin from PTH and Jeff himself
Yea, the pit wouldn't have been my favorite place to be during Periphery either. :haha:

The pics are pretty awesome too.

I'll have to check out TICTP.

WCPhils wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 3:10am

How was the concert? Awesome I presume :haha:

I just realized that the tour is coming to Philly tomorrow and I didn't know :sad:

Oh well I'll catch em next time

WCPhils wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 6:38am

thePTOD wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:01pm :
That's a great one too. I was torn between choosing a line from one of my favorite songs, or the best line from a song that wasn't my favorite. Like Dunsel, it's not my absolute favorite, but 'The songs we sung when we were just young have all but lost their meaning, but there's still a few things that we keep on believing' is great. So is 'turn our weakness into might, turn our blindness into sight' from Moonlight, and 'convention be damned, I know who I am' from The Reign Of Unending Terror.

Those are all great lines. Especially the Moonlight one. I had forgotten about that one.

If I was to get one I would probably get one from one of my favorite songs. I think I would be happier with it in the long term.

WCPhils wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 2:57am

thePTOD wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 9:43pm :
Hey Phils, since you're a wonderfully big PTH fan, what would you think about getting a PTH styled tattoo? I kind of want to. I was thinking get a lyric, like 'Saints walk the earth, they don't patrol the skies' or something on my arm, sorta like Rody. What do you think? And any potentially good lyrics for that?

That would be very cool. Personally, I can't really see myself getting any tattoos. At least at the moment that is. But that would awesome to get some lyrics or something.

That is my favorite line from Tandem so that would be a good one. Another one off the top of my head could be "There's a 'U' and 'I' in 'union' but just an 'I' in my beliefs" from A Plateful Of Our Dead. That has always been a favorite of mine. Kezia has a lot of awesome lines.

chriscobonham wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 2:13pm

Hey, do you wanna do that UG Split EP/LP thing?

WCPhils wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 12:59am

thePTOD wrote on Mar 21st, 2012 at 6:21pm :
Sup! Thanks for adding me. You're my favorite '10er. And got an epic music taste to boot.
haha, thanks!

I checked out Nevermore after seeing you mention them in a thread yesterday. They are fantastic.

devourke wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 7:39pm

thePTOD wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 7:01am :
I just want to say that your reactions to Represent's posts on that slave letter thread are incredible, most of them made me laugh for unnaturally long periods of time.

I'm glad you aren't banned anymore!

It was fun. He's not a very good troll. I have no idea how he got so many people in The Pit angry. Lulzcifer was a much more entertaining troll.

and thanks bro.

ali.guitarkid7 wrote on Jan 11th, 2012 12:03am

I'm glad SOMEONE likes my posts :p

scimitar_255 wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 5:53pm

Hey, thanks a lot! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I don't go to my profile page that often :P