strawforest007

strawforest007's Profile Comments

RRW Whitey wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 9:16pm

strawforest007 wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 1:57pm :

Wo! Just checked out your blog story and the photo. That's a mean incision. No wonder you play the blues! I kind've know what it's like to be unable to play even with a guitar within touching distance. Frustrating! So don't force yourself into anything and bide your time with it. Keep cool, good luck, get better soon and get some more recordings up for us to enjoy when you're ready!

Peace.
Hey Man, Thanks a bunch for the kind words and thanks for the feedback on my stuff. Nothing fancy anymore just Blues standards kind of jams. I don't play much anymore with anybody but did stand in for a guy (that wound up in Re- Hap this past summer) from one of the locial Country bands for a few gigs.

3 gigs was enough, but they did ask me to stick around. I am too old for dealing with all the bull shit that alwasy goes down when you put a bunch of much younger guys (with something to prove egos) togeather. I gave that shit up a couple of decades ago.

RRW Whitey wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 7:04pm

Hey man, just stoped by to check things out and say hi. I am dead in the water after another operation but I might be able to pick up a guitar next week.

stokeoblet wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 8:11pm

Yikes, I think the blues duels is gonna take a really long time. Guess I'll try to write some songs while I'm waiting. No word of the acoustic album either. The good news is that I got tickets to see Joe Satriani in a couple of weeks.

stokeoblet wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 10:41pm

strawforest007 wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 at 4:02am :

Frank Marino? With Mahogany Rush. Johnny Winter is an incredible guitarist. 'Second Winter' is a superb LP as are many of his others! Gallaghers' studio albums aren't everyone's cup of tea, it's his live stuff you want to hear!

Any ideas what's happened to the UG Blues/Jazz album?

Thats it Mahogany Rush Live side 2 is awsome! Whatever happend to Frank Marino? Johnny Winter Captured Live & one with Rick Derringer are the only songs I've heard with Johnny. Second Winter I'll have to look for that thanks. I listen to Rick Derringer Live all the time. It is my fav album right now. Beyond The Universe WOW! I think the blues/jazz album is on hold until the blues duels are over. Ya know we need more songs so maybe we will get more interest from the duels.

stokeoblet wrote on Oct 11th, 2008 7:04am

I listened to a Rory Gallagher cd my dad has. It had a some good tunes but it was not really my style of music I guess. He had an old vinyl of a guy named, Joe Marino or Josh Marino?? One side was just off the hook smokin'. I remember one tune was called World Anthem and I think it ended with Purple Haze. His old Johnny Winter albums are hot also.

stokeoblet wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 6:42am

strawforest007 wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:54pm :

I'm not too happy with the Woe recordings anyway. I'm still trying to get to grips with my cheap mic and audacity so it's all improvised and experimental. Hopefully the blues duels will be great. Thanks for the luck! At least there's a blues community here, it's good! Good luck to you too for the Acoustic and the Blues/Jazz albums, I'm sure your songs will make it for each!

I use an old 4-track Tascam cassette recorder hooked up to a cd-burner. But I have a problem with my high end, it gets compressed somewhere & I lose some strength on my solo tracks so I have to boost it which is just a guess on my part. Thanks for the luck. Can't wait to hear what the blues duels will produce. Happy jammin'.

stokeoblet wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 8:46pm

Oh cool, I just read Jimtaka'a post on here. It's funny but I got like 100 people listen to my "All Alone" song & only 20 people listen to my "Struttin'" song so alphabetic placement of your song does make a difference. And out of 100 people only 1 comment. Go figure? I'm going to watch the blues duels thing to see how it works. Good Luck!

jimtaka wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 5:53pm

strawforest007 wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 6:11am :

Hi Jim! What's happened to the UG Acoustic Album? The voting thread got locked and I haven't heard anything since. I couldn't find a thread saying who actually got onto the album. Cheers, Martin.

The results will be announced soon. It has just been delayed because I've been really busy and roamingbard13 was so busy he had to resign as mod, so then I had to find somebody to replace him, and yada yada yada. Anyway, it won't be long! I'll post a sticky thread with the results when it's ready.

stokeoblet wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 1:51am

So did your song Woe make the UG acoustic album cut? I don't think I made it cuz I never heard anything from anybody about it. What is this blues duel thing? I thought there would be tons of people playing blues on here. Whats up with that? I hate it when people sign up for stuff & then bail-out. Quote "Ohhh my finger nail broke & I cant record anything boo-hoo." Give me a break! Lol.

theclowntree wrote on Aug 12th, 2008 11:18pm

thanks for the feedback on my stuff, and for the jazz blues album tip(i didn't know it existed :). i love your music, especially august of wind, super bluesy stuff, you should add some lyrics, it'd be even cooler, no matter how crappy you are at singing, anyone who's not tone deaf can sing; but yeah, the beginning of my song sounds live due to some "studio wizardry". thanks for the input, keep up the good stuff

swaggerman wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 5:12am

whats up?

funkedelic420 wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 8:17pm

Most of my backing tracks are from guitarbackingtrack.com
thanks for viewing my page

stevo192 wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 12:11am

just thought i'd say that i love your music!

read previous 1 2 3 4