strawforest007

strawforest007's Profile Comments

stokeoblet wrote on Apr 9th, 2009 2:40am

Hey thats a great idea to have a competition section with each forum a different genere of music. I think the duels would have to be sped up by doing 4 duels a week. All at the same time. Then the next 8 songs would have to be submit for the next weeks duels. Then work out the finals. Forget about the loser duels until the winner is announced. Life gets busy for all of us from time to time so you cant draw these things out over months.

Ive got a few songs in the drum machine programming stage. Hope to get them done soon. Happy Playin'

stokeoblet wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 10:55pm

I see the UG blues & jazz album thread is gone. Jimkata never got the acoustic album done either. So I've kinda given up on UG for awhile. Still like to come on & listen to some peoples songs though. Keep playin. I like your song work.

salmon philippe wrote on Mar 22nd, 2009 5:05pm

Nice to have a visit from you , talented blues player , (even two months after my asking) Thanks for your rating ! You know I love gallagher too , he has a great feeling and a very special sound, I discovered him in 1975, I was 14 !

Lucky Fish wrote on Mar 3rd, 2009 11:23am

Hey anytime...keep making that wonderful music and you will get some more!!

clear and blue wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 10:57pm

cool cheers

good to hear he's going again, seems to be more with it too. wonder whether he'll be doing any shows in the north uk. . guess i'll look into it when i've finished the assignment im on

thanks again for that

strawforest007 wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 12:20am :

Hi! how's it going? Here's a vid you might be really interested in listening to:

I didn't realise he was on a short tour again until earlier today.

Lucky Fish wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 10:31am

Your music is amazing!

stokeoblet wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 10:47pm

This could be the sweetest solo ever played.

Crank it up!

Sam Nobach wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 5:19pm

strawforest007 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 6:18pm :

Thanks for the add and comment. It needs work though. Audacity is a pain to work with.

Audacity is a pain in the ass, background noise is my worst problem. I tried using the noise removal tool and it just makes the quality worse.

I'm probably gonna switch over to Adobe Audition soon, I hear its much better.

rikigo wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 7:31am

Hi Strawforest,

Tx mate! 'Sorry for the very belated response! Been away doing other things!
Kind regards, :-R

strawforest007 wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 8:20am :

Thanks for the add! Your songs are fantastic! I'm loving them!

planetogo wrote on Jan 29th, 2009 12:32am

What's up dude? I'm just getting around to saying, "hi," to everyone in my friends list.

salmon philippe wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 4:37pm

Beautiful profile really and i like you blues feeling (i used to be a Rory' fan when i was 15)
I work on blues too, acoustic on my MP3 and electric on my skills
Would be nice to met you...

stokeoblet wrote on Jan 17th, 2009 6:21am

Hey nice profile page graphics. Its definitely you. Congrats on the blues duels win. It really was a close competition. I've kinda given up on the acoustic album. I don't want to bother Jim anymore. Its obvious he has some issue with it. Maybe we will get another chance to produce one sometime this year. Keep adding the mp3s you have a nice collection going on. Peace.

RRW Whitey wrote on Jan 9th, 2009 10:02pm

Hey Man, I dig your blues not to mention you are a big Rory Gallagher Fan. I had the pleasure to see Rory perform a number of times in the early to late 70s...Rory allways delivered. I can close my eyes and see him in my head...The weathered Strat, The Hair, The worn out shoes. The jean jacket and worn out jeans....A real Bules Man....Right to the bitter end. You will love this one you being a Ten Years After Fan (Alvin is the fucking man to this day) I took a plane ride with Alvin and a bunch of Viet Nam vets back in 72 comming from fort Leanardwood Mo. If you want the details PM me. It was nuts I pulled My Blog about the trip because I was getting hit with a thousand questions.

Alvin was so cool that in the middle of July (110 in the shade on the tarmack) he boards the plane in a... FUCKING MINK COAT...AND 2 BLONDS ONE ON EACH ARM... A Real Rock Star to the tee.

rikigo wrote on Dec 29th, 2008 11:37pm

Hi Strawforest007,

Well you've got exceptional TASTE in your music... you like Rory! ;-) He is a greatly missed ...'trabadour of the spirit'!
I've tabbed his 'Continental Op' ...as I was so inspired by his Montreaux performance!
'Thought that you might like to share some 'Riffs across the planet' ...sometime?
http://www.riffworld.com:9080/rifflink/Members/rik igo
Kind Regards, ;-R

rikigo wrote on Dec 29th, 2008 11:27pm

strawforest007 wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 9:20am :

Thanks for the add! Your songs are fantastic! I'm loving them!

Happy New Year! I'm glad you've ...enjoyed them! I'm working on MORE at the time of writing!

Kind Regards,
;-R

BTKA wrote on Dec 29th, 2008 6:29pm

Lovin the profile. Nice

We share the same birthday too!!

stokeoblet wrote on Dec 25th, 2008 12:15am

Hey

Merry Christmas!

TMHT Shredder wrote on Dec 24th, 2008 5:35pm

strawforest007 wrote on Dec 24th, 2008 at 2:56pm :

Cool stuff! Which song you thinking of covering?

Focus is up now, didn't turn out great cause I rushed to get it done before xmas but its Sylvia!

TMHT Shredder wrote on Dec 16th, 2008 5:26pm

You like Focus! think I might post a cover soon.. what do ya think?

RRW Whitey wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 9:27pm

Forgot to add That your August Of Wind...Is some of the cleanest, sweet sounding Blues I have heard anywhere on this site. Without question I might add.

read previous 1 2 3 4 read next