strawforest007

strawforest007's Profile Comments

The Master Plan wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 10:46pm

strawforest007 wrote on Oct 11th, 2009 at 9:04am :
Hey, just saw that pic of your painted strat! Nice! What type of paints did you use?

Randomly signed on to my old account and saw this.

I used acrylic paint and shot it over with a gloss finish.

salmon philippe wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 3:36pm

come and see the new band's profile, I have selected some of the best songs we made and there are some cool videos of the band members on the page

The Master Plan wrote on Jul 22nd, 2010 5:19am

strawforest007 wrote on Oct 11th, 2009 at 9:04am :

I havent been on UG for a long time (I've been on reddit.com) so sorry for the extremelllly late reply. I used some regular acrylic paint and shot some poly over the body.

salmon philippe wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 8:16am

strawforest007 wrote on Jun 13th, 2010 at 12:00am :
I've always enjoyed this song but I never understood the lyrics! Why oh why does that damn horse have no name?!

Great cover!

If you don't understand them lyrics , How could I ?

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

I guess here a sort of spiritual metaphor refering to the secret of knowing yourself better ; before the desert "the horse with no name" means your ignorance of yourself ... and "in the desert , you can remmember your name" says this ordeal is going to reveal you the truth . A spiritual initiation like Jesus , Boudha and Mohamed did in the desert too ...
but this is just my interpretation

salmon philippe wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 8:18am

no , no collabs project for now, got to wait a bit for a new inspiration I guess...
take a look at the community page and the Jazz album forum thread

salmon philippe wrote on Apr 11th, 2010 6:05pm

strawforest007 wrote on Apr 11th, 2010 at 1:39pm :
Hi Phil!

Yes, that was the original album Neil created before I took over. All the artists from that were asked to join the new album (since they already had made it on the original) but no-one replied. Oh well!

Sales report for the album is due this Wednesday...

Cheers!

yes , I know that it is not easy to keep poeple going the same way a long time ...
I submitted one song of the album to the guild and it should be featured on the community page very soon ;)
have you seen all the coments we have on all you need is love ?

salmon philippe wrote on Apr 6th, 2010 8:20am

Hello Martin , glad to see you back with a great song.
Did you know there was another UG Jazz and blues album 2 on here ?
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ug_bluesjazz2/m usic/play363137

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 21st, 2010 5:20pm

Bitchn' profile pic and cool page! Congrats on being featured on the front community page!:-)

salmon philippe wrote on Feb 21st, 2010 4:26pm

strawforest007 wrote on Feb 21st, 2010 4:18pm | Remove
It's got to be the guy with the stratocaster, surely?!

LOVE the wallpaper!

no , the strat belonged to another Philip , the leader of the band, I am the one with the SG and long hair ... 1977, I was becoming a hippie then

dhalstead@pacif wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 9:19pm

Thanks for the link to Rory Gallagher. I enjoyed his song. Funny that, I always enjoy listening to Rory Gallagher but I have never bought a CD. Have you got any suggestions on which album to start with?

Cheers, Danny

TNfootballfan62 wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 3:13am

It's stuck. Thanks. :cheers:

ChucklesMginty wrote on Jan 29th, 2010 1:41pm

strawforest007 wrote on Jan 29th, 2010 at 11:56am :
Quote ChucklesMginty: "Record to as high a quality as possible, not everything needs to be expertly mixed and mastered with the most expensive gear on the planet. But let's not stray below the level of the Blues and Jazz albums."

Haha! Backhanded compliment? Best of luck with the album though, it's a lot of work. If you manage to stick to the deadline I'll be very impressed. Can't wait to hear it!

Sorry, I think I phrased that a bit badly! I wasn't try to imply the Blues and Jazz albums were bad, more that I'd like the metal album to be of a similar quality (i.e. Very good!)

I wouldn't get your hopes up, the entries received so far haven't been great..
But we'll see!

dhalstead@pacif wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 8:52pm

Thanks for the listen and comment

rocknroll93 wrote on Jan 13th, 2010 11:24pm

strawforest007 wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 8:15am :
Cheers for your comment on my mp3 - very kind. I've got an awful lot to work on and learn if I want to do anything in music for a living. It's in my grand plan though.

...and if the blues & jazz album II sells well up to the first sales review in March, I may be able to convince TuneCore to expand the availability to all the iTunes stores and possibly even other distributors (spotify, amazon, myspace music etc - maybe). If any of this happens I'll mention it in the forum.

Thanks again!

you could be profesional now with your music.. you are awsome. i stand no chance in the duels.
no seriously you are awsome. im just hoping the blues and jazz album sales will pick up and it can distributed to aus.

salmon philippe wrote on Jan 7th, 2010 1:48pm

I just discover right now that there is another Blues duel ... you might have sent me a PM ... but don't you know that my PM box is not working anymore on UG ? I can send them but never can read some . I hope it is not too late to count me in , I left a link to my song in the forum for the first round ...

salmon philippe wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 10:55am

Hello , here comes my song for a new collaboration, read this:
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/philfriends/blo g/77642/

paintITblack39 wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 6:26am

strawforest007 wrote on Dec 13th, 2009 at 12:50pm :
Oi oi! What's going to happen with the blues/jazz forum now meh! has gone? There are a couple of stickied threads of his that will seemingly die as they're not getting updated...

Cheerio!
hm

i'm not as active in the blues & jazz forum as meh! was but i'll try to get this situation sorted out.

salmon philippe wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 10:27am

would not it be easier for you (who know everyone on the album) to PM the members and ask them to write a short article (5 lines) about their songs and then assembly them in a blog on the Jazz & blues band profile ?

salmon philippe wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 9:48am