stephen_rettie

stephen_rettie's Profile Comments

weorge wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 9:10pm

Hello! several months (about 6) ago you commented on my song 'worn out blues', Sorry for the reply I just never noticed it because I didn't know you could comment on songs. Anyway thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and I shall take a look at one of your songs when I get time. Also I'm recording an album (at home) at the moment so if you want to hear more of my stuff I shall be uploading it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMadcapPlays :)

XanderDylan wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 10:59pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 at 5:27pm :
Hey man! Didn't know where to leave crit on your youtube videos but damn man. I'm listening to your track 4 and I must say I am very impressed. Great production and very interesting riffing. Are you looking for a vocalist? I think it actually works as an instrumental but it would suit vocals.
Good work dude!

Thanks man glad you like them! I kinda have a vocalist she hasnt come up with anything though. :\ But thanks a bunch!

Alexbear wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 2:44pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 at 12:09am :
Cheeyars! You got a far better metal tone than Guitar Rig can.

haha thanks, but it wasn't all me, i used a chain that someone else put online as a base for the tone. guitar rig gives pretty harsh tones i think :o

Alexbear wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 4:14am

stephen_rettie wrote on Jul 1st, 2011 at 9:47pm :
Lol wut? Which ones please?

lepou poulin le456, tse 808 v1, eq, poulin lecab2, and a compressor

Alexbear wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 3:25am

stephen_rettie wrote on Jul 1st, 2011 at 8:33pm :
Hey, did you use your 333 for your recording?

Nope, I used free ampsims and plugins :D

BLSSKISS wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 9:19pm

Hello Dear,
My name is Miss anita,
and I'm interested in knowing you and being friendly with you
(anitampka4love@yahoo.com) is my private email
address. I would like you to contact me back so that
you know me better and I send my photo
to you. I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely
in love anita I'm ready to tell you about myself ok.

BLSSKISS wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 9:18pm

Hello Dear,
My name is Miss anita,
and I'm interested in knowing you and being friendly with you
(anitampka4love@yahoo.com) is my private email
address. I would like you to contact me back so that
you know me better and I send my photo
to you. I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely
in love anita I'm ready to tell you about myself ok.

BLSSKISS wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 9:18pm

Hello Dear,
My name is Miss anita,
and I'm interested in knowing you and being friendly with you
(anitampka4love@yahoo.com) is my private email
address. I would like you to contact me back so that
you know me better and I send my photo
to you. I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely
in love anita I'm ready to tell you about myself ok.

thorbor wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 11:00am

stephen_rettie wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 at 7:56am :
Hey dude! You were awesome enough to comment on a lot of my songs a while ago. Well this is my band http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/servingupswords / give us a look if you like!

Thanks!
just listened to a couple of songs and well, this is my most hated genre of metal so I gotta pass haha.

It would just turn into a rant about how bad metalcore is, so sorry.

Jenny Ibanez wrote on Jul 23rd, 2010 7:48pm

It wont let me pm :(

Jenny Ibanez wrote on Jul 23rd, 2010 8:00am

Hey :) Do you have an email? Cause i got a few questions i was hoping you could answer =)

Conformist wrote on Jul 13th, 2010 11:42pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 10:17pm :
Yet you don't have pictures of said bonsai tree , SHENANIGANS!
Its up now, Please dont stone me =]

jazzmansax wrote on Jun 11th, 2010 9:09pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 4:18pm :
Thanks man, yeah I'm trying to get into a more progressive sound. I always try and add weird stuff like in TNIH I tried hideous harmonies and harmonised riffing, and in Dreams and Visions I experimented with key changes and a more atmospheric feel-also visions starts off in 5/4-.
I tend to try and take an idea that to me sounds a bit different and then slyly fit it into a more standard sounding song.
Anyway I'll be getting my guitar back on Tuesday so I'll be writing and recording again soon. I'll try not to dissapoint lol, thanks for the genuine feedback man.
uh.................... i have no idea wat that meant but it sounds pretty impressive seeing as ive been playing for 6 months! im workin on a song right now called arabic matador its really cool! only my guitar is missin a string so ill have to wait till i can upload it! ill send u a pm once its up ( or subscribe! i have some pretty interestin tunes im workin on)

jazzmansax wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 9:58pm

i just sent you two group invites that are pretty cool and will ......... i dont know..... im not you. (i actually created "avante garde" ) (avante garde means completely different. nothing else like it in the WORLD)

jazzmansax wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 9:54pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Jun 6th, 2010 at 1:38pm :
Well I would have preferred some constructive criticism but oh well . Dug your solo, nice to hear something a bit different on this site.
Keep it up.
good point. i should have told you why. my big cut off is original original original!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! i have heard lots of things like that on UG. I like things that sound like nothing i have heard before. (well that whale song one was pretty cool.) so id just work on finding something a little more out of the ordinary and original. then maybe my opinion will change. ill subscribe so i can be informed when you got some new mp3's.

jazzmansax wrote on Jun 6th, 2010 7:32pm

i dont like your mp3s. sorry. dont go talking shit about my mp3s tho. or ill............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................... i dont know.

SomeoneYouKnew wrote on Mar 17th, 2010 7:11am

and *reported* for seeking medical advice from the pit

easy there, tiger. yeah you can report a thread like that. and you should in cases where the person definitely needs medical advice for a serious problem. but have a little fun with things where they aren't causing any harm, yeah?

thorbor wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 7:28pm

hey if you don't mind, I've got two decent recordings up now :cheers: more following the next weeks.

0kaydee0 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 6:33pm

thankz...! man...!

tokiohotelluvr wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 12:32am

Thanks, You Too :D
and no probz, nice ta meet ya

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next