spitonastranger

spitonastranger's Profile Comments

due 07 wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 5:38am

spitonastranger wrote on Dec 5th, 2011 at 9:31pm :
It did >_>

I was just going to say maybe LDR is intentionally becoming a one hit wonder as the ultimate sacrafice for her image.

Lulz, perhaps. I think she could break into the über mainstream so easily, but she's been pretty much marketed specifically to p4k whores (>_>;) from day one, so her popularity is, like, being artificially held back or something.

due 07 wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 5:20am

spitonastranger wrote on Dec 4th, 2011 at 2:10am :
Yeah exactly. The lyrics in 'these few presidents' are so killer. Weird we'd get into 'Why?' at similar times.

Yeah i don't really keep abreast of punx trends. I find emo/ pop punk is hit and miss for me and without pitchfork to review it i'm lost >_<
It's a shame because i love that kind of music. You were totally right about Snowing being the most disappointing break up of the year. They were amazing.

My excitement for LDR is dwindling. I didn't really dig the single. Maybe, as the ultimate sacrifice for her image, she's intentionally becoming a o

Haha, I think I actually found Joyce Manor by accident. Randomly clicking bands on this blog. tr00punx4lyfe

Your comment got cut off cuz of length. >_>

due 07 wrote on Dec 4th, 2011 3:34am

spitonastranger wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 4:03pm :
Yeah the band. I too have only heard Alopecia and i'm also a massive fan.
I've also been getting into that Joyce Manor album after seeing it on your best of year list. Shit's legit.

Yeah, WHY? is sick. Their music is so interesting, but so catchy and lyrically fantastic. I <3 <3 <3 Alopecia.
Joyce Manor's s/t is great, yeah. It was my AOTY for a while, but it slipped down a bit. Still-- that shit is soooo cash. Are you gonna be posting a list?

And I assume you read about the LDR album getting a release date on p4k? I'm more excited about that remix EP. Damon Albarn AND Clams? Oh, man.

due 07 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 5:27pm

spitonastranger wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:48pm :
How do you feel about 'Why?'

The band? I've only heard Alopecia but it's becoming one of my favorite albums.

due 07 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 4:13am

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 5:44pm :
It'd certainly be a niche. Lol yeah, just wait till the trump card christmas single drops.

The bands going alright. We're hoping to record a demo or two by the end of the year but i'm still trying to find a sound with my writing ya know? My smiths kick has slowed the process some because i'll never be able to write something that good

I know that feel. Whenever I hear an incredible band, I get overjoyed 'cuz it sounds so good, but disheartened because it really puts my relative lack o' skillz in perspective. :(

Keep my posted on the demo(s) brah.

Banjocal wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 10:10am

spitonastranger wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 6:43am :
Done.

Banjocal wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 4:59pm

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 at 2:06pm :
Please for the love of god give me something to put in it.
In capitals, size 7, "BANJOCAL IS A SEX GOD"

Banjocal wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 11:56am

So, can I rent your sig?

due 07 wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 9:39pm

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 5:38am :
(a) I'm familiar with Herman yeah. If you dropped a tape made up of songs based on republican candidates it'd get pawlenty of downloads (lol)

(b) The closest i've come to hip hop is writing some of the lyrics for an elaborate in joke.
We just got the most unlikely kid in our class to rap and put it to a stock garage band beat . I can't imagine it'll make any sense without knowing him but here it is

(c) Keep me updated on your folk hop project. I'm getting a little recording set up going on here so i want in

Lul, making exclusively pseudopolitical based rap is not a bad idea...

(b) Australia is weird. :o

(c) Will do. That reminds me, how is that band of yrs going?

due 07 wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 11:51am

(cont.)

I don't know how familiar you are with US republican presidential candidate hopefuls, but our first track we have lyrics penned for is called "I'm Herman Cain." Here's a sample:

I got nine on my dick
I'll stick a nine in your face
Add another nine, bitch
Now I'm Herman Cain

(in reference to his bizarre 9-9-9 tax plan)

due 07 wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 11:49am

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 2:47am :
It really is profoundly sad but hopeful music.

Rome and Rev are making me feel lazy. Why aren't we hip hop superstars yet Zach?

Haha dude I was thinking something similar today. I was like, "Man, Dylan and Rome are like, accomplished or something. All I do is listen to music, maaaan." But on the upside, recently I've been enjoying actually playing music a little more, so I crafted an ideal sound in my head that'd I like to achieve with some sort of projekt here pretty soon: in short, it'd be folky indie rock with hip hop sensibilities. I just need to figure out how to actually create the music first.

Also, it looks like I've got a nice lil rap posse goin'. We're collectively called Swag Attack, but I'm still looking for a good pseudonym.

due 07 wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 6:56pm

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 1:49am :
I haven't heard the remasters yet but i think i will. I've always loved the queen is dead but i've only recently started exploring their other stuff in a big way and it's so good.

I was still missing a few comps of theirs, so I just decided to torrent the whole boxset and call it a day. The Queen is Dead is in my top 5 albums of all time. All of their stuff is so heartbreaking though. ;_;

due 07 wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 5:52am

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 7:04pm :
Yeah i hear that. Rap is heavily dependant on context and the people who were around when 36 chambers was recorded just aren't that relevant anymore. Glad you like EARL. Best OFWGKTA release for sure.

I'm on such a massive smiths kick at the moment.

You know, you have some very acute observations about rap. You pretty much changed my mind about Tyler in a "rap sux" thread in the pit a long time ago. I used to think, "Eh, he's a dumbshit but he's having fun." Then you said his lyrics were social commentary in a way, and it ended up inspiring me to pay closer attention to his output - and voilà. And you're exactly right about this, too: growing up in a swagged out epoch, trad hip hop is just not relevant.

Hell yeah man. The remasters sound so great.

due 07 wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 9:26am

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 10:34pm :
Yeah clams rocks it. Rap is one of the few genres of music that i don't feel bad about listening to individual tracks from. Most rap albums/tapes just weren't made to hang together from start to end.

I know what you mean.

I feel like I'm simply not a tr00 enough hip hop fan. I was thinking about what I'd say my favorite rap albums of all time are. I think MBDTF, EARL, mc chris Goes to Hell, and Paul's Boutique. The first three were all released in 2010. I was like, "WTF due?"

Pfffffffft. Old skool is 4 poseurs. ¯\_(ツ;)_/¯

due 07 wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 5:35pm

spitonastranger wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 6:10am :
Well like a lot of hip hop lp's; too long. If you take that as read however most of the tracks are pretty dope. Clam's Casino does some great work on there but 'out of this world' is still my jam. How about you?

Clams Casino steals the show, but I love most of it. I'm with you on the length, though, and it doesn't help that the mid-late tracks are a little weaker imo.

due 07 wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 1:12am

How do you like LiveLongA$AP?

due 07 wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 2:44am

spitonastranger wrote on Oct 24th, 2011 at 1:17am :
My favourite song at the moment

Heh, I just downloaded that album a couple days ago. Yeah, it's a good one. I'm partial to "Seventeen" by Youth Lagoon, though. \m/

due 07 wrote on Oct 21st, 2011 4:41am

spitonastranger wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 11:22pm :
Yeah i see where they're coming from but i disagree. I'm fucking in love with video games. There i said it. I love her style, her sound and the persona she adopts but most of all i love the way all three interact to transcend the music and create an end product that's so much more than the sum of its parts.

You make it sounds so appealing.

I'll look into this matter further.

due 07 wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 3:55am

spitonastranger wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 6:31pm :
So you don't like her music then? Though of course when i say music i mean video games.
p4k's not sexist

Lulz.

I'm not sure I buy into that, either. The premises were that on average, female solo artists' albums scored lower than their male counterparts; that they smeared one girl's music (I forgot whose) for the gender politics; and that they glorify del Ray (alledgedly) for her Hollywoodesque body, which reinforces unrealistic blah blah blah.

Like I said, that sounds more like coincidences and conspiracy theories than intentional sexism.

due 07 wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 1:15am

spitonastranger wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 4:16am :
You been swept up by the storm of lana del ray publicity lately?

Not really, but I read something about her in a piece about p4k's sexism. It was interesting to say the least.

1 2 3 read next »