soloXshredder

soloXshredder's Profile Comments

stephen_rettie wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 6:47am

Hey dude, haven't been on UG in a while. Been busy with my band. Check us out http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/servingupswords /

HeavyMetalDude1 wrote on May 8th, 2010 2:49am

soloXshredder wrote on Sep 16th, 2009 at 2:54pm :
hey dude

how did u get ur avatar? i love it!!
and also, can you play the We're not gonna fall solo?? its the hardest bodom solo IMO.
and how do u record, the sound quality is really nice

sansamps... and lots of equalizers.

Splashed wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 9:29pm

Good morning, broseph :cool:
So how are things going man?

GisleAune wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 9:58am

I saw your "dragonforce sound the same" thread and since it's too late to reply in it. I can tell you that every band with an unique style may sound the same to those who don't check the band out more than just 2 songs.

How could you say that Heroes Of Our Time and TTFAF sound the same. They are two really different songs.

Get rid of your ignorance and check out these songs
Evenging Star, The Last Journey Home, Above The Winter Moonlight, A Flame For Freedom and tell me, DO THEY SOUND THE SAME?

THISisJURJI wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 7:51am

soloXshredder wrote on Sep 22nd, 2009 at 4:22pm :
doubt it, hes just adding my friends cos hes new to UG

gp F**** self brian (: xP

Splashed wrote on Sep 15th, 2009 12:26am

Hey man :) Sorry for the wait
Take your eyes off that Megan Fox pic now :)

Aerokizzombie wrote on Sep 14th, 2009 1:08am

soloXshredder wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 at 5:39pm :
first off i like ur profile, hurts my eyes but still cool
second, u seem to know ur shit
:shrug: good enough for me : peace :

Aerokizzombie wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 11:17pm

why is you want to be my friends

stephen_rettie wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 3:48pm

lol its my last name

HeavyMetalDude1 wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 9:35pm

soloXshredder wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 6:11am :

It's called ebay. bahahahah yeah, thanks for the comliments. and i pretty much gave my life to guitar lol

u have the greatest alexi laiho gear!! u have 2 guitars, his preamp, the rocktron intellifex (where did u get it btw).
You also have a shitload of other cool gear!! How did u afford all of it??? And mind sending me some :P jst kiddin (or not)
soloXshredder wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 6:11am :
dam dude!!

stephen_rettie wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 11:12am

hey man, you wouldnt be able to record very much at all, I use the cubase software which was included in the session package but is not guitar rig mobile. so you would have to buy or get some sort of stand alone recording software (which wouldnt be too hard).
basically mobile and 3 are just for the guitar sounds, there is a tape deck function but it kinda sucks so to record you would need other software.

jc349 wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 8:08am

soloXshredder wrote on Aug 28th, 2009 at 4:21am :
hey man
u finally got ur Rebel 20
i posted in ur thread but i feel this is more personal :P
anyways congrats dude
hope ur enjoying it

Thanks alot dude!
I'm really enjoying it......
I'm broke now though :(
It was worth it.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 17th, 2009 12:41am

haha thanks for the crit dude, duly noted :D. there shall be more pinches in the full song and i'll try and clean it up.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 12th, 2009 11:17pm

ive actually gigged with the b-52, great amp imo.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 11th, 2009 10:58pm

honestly? no lol, its more of a hard rock amp which with the help of an od can be pushed into metal territory. I can't speak for the JCM 900 SLX which is supposed to have more gain and a meaner voicing, that might be more up your street, mine the dual reverb is very versatile and perhaps with a bit of coaxing could do CoB and stuff but there are better amps for that.
If your looking for a nice tube amp (good call) with a metal voicing look at Bugera 6260 or the 333. Dependant on your budget of course but they are roughly in the same range as the 900 on ebay. Also Carvin have recently started shipping to europe and their V3 is probably going to be my next amp purchase.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 9:30pm

not at all dude, happy to help.
do you mean the kinda purcussive whale sounds? lots of delay and pick scrapes on the thinner strings.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 6:16pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 at 5:15pm :
no bother man, I'm not totally sure, the IO has stuff for mics and whatnot i guess, but id be just as happy with the mobile, which seems to just be an input for guitar/bass.

ah, guitar rig session comes with cubase LE 4 for recording. so no session is best for me.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 6:15pm

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 1:25am

I have the guitar rig session package, which comes with the IO to connect to your computer and Cubase LE for recording.
the actual guita rig software is Guitar Rig 3 XE.

stephen_rettie wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 1:10am

yep the 'citrus' as they call it for legal reasons. except the lead tone for leviathan which i used the jcm 800, but when i rerecord that im gonna use the orange one instead as i dislike the 800 on that song.

1 2 read next