slashs_#1_fan

slashs_#1_fan's Profile Comments

moominman2 wrote on Jun 20th, 2011 8:57pm

Hey man, hope all is well. Been ages!

BTKA wrote on Aug 2nd, 2010 9:51pm

Cheers for accepting me friend invite because Slash rules!

What do you reckon to the Slash crybaby? I quite enjoying mine but only had it for about 3 weeks now.

moominman2 wrote on May 30th, 2010 9:40pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Feb 20th, 2010 at 11:45am :
Not a lot mate! I don't even have a guitar at university at the mo! My dissertation deadline is in a month so I don't have time for anything else!!!

How about you? Sorry about the late reply, I always forget to check my profile page!

Shit man I thought I replied to this ages ago!

Hope Uni's going well for you mate.

Getting proper into gigging at the moment! Got some good ones coming up which is cool man.

Haha, no worries about the late reply, I'm also sorry :haha:

moominman2 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 7:15pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 4:01pm :
hey man, long time indeed!

Im not too bad thanks, how about you?

Good ! Yeah im ok cheers mate.

What you been doing music wise lately then man? :)

moominman2 wrote on Jan 27th, 2010 4:47pm

hey man...haven't spoken since 2008 :O!

How're you?!

dfs.smith wrote on May 19th, 2009 1:40pm

are you still selling to tonelab? how much? and where abouts is it located?

cheers man

edgespear wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 5:39pm

You b******! I'M SLASH'S #1 FAN XD

moominman2 wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 4:01pm

The 2nd part!

Ooo, I don't know anything about the vypers sorry, But for the vox valvetronix I do! Two of my friends recently bought one and they both say they're really nice. One of them still doesn't like the fact that its not a tube amp but says it works really well. Ill ask a bit more about them and get back to you on it if you like.

:) Moom

moominman2 wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 4:01pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:02am :

hi mate, nice amp! glad you got one sorted. What kinda tones you getting from it? im good thanks, you? im still looking for a proper amp for myself... the fender is fine as a stop gap but i cant find my tone on it... it sounds "ok" but doesnt have a sweet spot anywhere! You havent happened to play the new valvetronix's or the peavey vypyrs have you?

Cheers mate. Well I'v gotta say, the tones you can get are amazing. You can get pretty much anything but it really suits 80's rock, hair rock...that sort of stuff. Huge amount of gain and a nice clean channel aswell. I'v been learning some hendrix lately and it can nail that fine.
Ah good one. yeah im pretty good thanks. Oh I see. You do have to have the right amp for yourself to be happy...well thats what I realised haha.

moominman2 wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 5:09pm

hey mate. i have an AOR! its the 50watter. its brilliant, love it haha. Just wanted to tell you :P

hows it going man?

moominman2 wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 6:17pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Oct 18th, 2008 at 8:06am :

There are 3 reasons I bought my fender SS amp. Price, the fact it responds well to my playing and the fact the speaker response is great. Its a tad fizzy sounding (although the cleans are great) but overall it was cheap, non guitarists think it sounds great and the speaker is really punchy and powerful even at low volumes so I can cut through the mix and sound pretty decent. If your can play to the best of your ability on your bandit and it doesnt get lost in the mix then it is fine for gigging. tone is subjective and doesnt really matter to non-guitarists, so you should be fine!

Ahh nice one. Thanks for the advice. I would love a JCM 800 :O out of my price range though. I think your right about my amp being fine. Its probobly just me being naive and wanting to get the best equipment i can so early! i don't yet gig anyway, apart from school performances. Got one on wednesday haha. Not very impressive :P Cheers for the explanation and advice mate

moominman2 wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 11:07pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 at 5:26pm :

ahh sucks about the laney pro

Im afraid i sold my laney on ebay ages ago. I dont have anywhere near as much time to play anymore so i just got a cheap fender SS amp that does the job and a pocketpod to play late at night when I have time. Its a serious downgrade but there is no point in spending hundreds on an amp that will just accumulate dust. Id recommend the VC15 over the LC15 for you anyway - i played it in a shop and it sounded much nicer; closer to a marshall sort of british sound

Hope you get something soon!

Ahh man. Thats a shame you don't play as much. Don't like hearing stuff like this! haha. But yeah i agree with not spending loads if you won't use it much.

I have a performance next week and the amp ill be using is a SS Peavey Bandit. Do you think SS amps are ok for smallish gigs? It is 80watts but im not too sure :\

moominman2 wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 4:17pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Oct 6th, 2008 at 7:08pm :

thats awesome mate, you liking it? What does it sound like?

Glad you finally got something!

ahhh it didn't go through in the end. I found out the bloke used it with a bass and i didn't want to replace a shredded speaker. It really annoyed me.
haha, i tried deleting the comment but i couldnt find out how to?

Still looking!!

Are you still selling your laney?

moominman2 wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 9:41pm

hey mate. I just bought a Laney Pro Tube for 150. Finally got one haha

moominman2 wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 5:32pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:20pm :

Good luck getting it ...I want sound clips if you do!!!!

Thanks mate! haha, we'll see :P

moominman2 wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 10:04pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 at 3:39pm :

Well the beauty of valve amps is that the parts are easily servicable. If it ever breaks on you it is 9 times out of 10 something that can be solved easily by a tech. people buy 1980s marshalls every day - i guess back in the 80s Laney were beginning to make a name for themselves so i guess build quality was an important factor - chances are it will work fine!

Ive owned a 1980s JCM800 and all that was wrong with it was a crackly pot - all i had to do was clean it! Id say go for it, you could get a real bargain!!

Thanks alot mate. Your right i think. I rekon im going to try get at it tomorrow after the seller tells me some info about it :D Cheers

moominman2 wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 3:38pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 6:49pm :

you can easily gig with a 30w valve amp that AOR should sound amazing at a gig! How much is it?

ahh sweet. Well at the moment it's 60 but i rekon it will go for more

im just worried about it being quite an old amp from the 80's that it might fizz and buzz when nothing is being played and make aload of noise.
Also im concerned about how long it would last me. I don't want to waste money on an amp that will blow or break down within a couple years :/

What do you think man?

Thanks alot

moominman2 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 5:05pm

hey mate. just found a laney aor, its a 30 watter...do you rekon i could gig with that? thanks

moominman2 wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 3:38pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Aug 27th, 2008 at 9:47pm :

not a problem! Ill keep my eyes peeled for a Laney AOR and let you know if I see one (Im always looking for amps anyway so its no effort :P)

You heard the AOR on youtube? It makes me want one!!! sounds great. Too powerful for me though

ah man thanks alot :D

yeah i have haha. It sounds amazing. It's prorobly too powerful for my needs aswell but i really love the tone! haha

thanks

moominman2 wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 6:59pm

slashs_#1_fan wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 at 1:29pm :

someone here on UG is selling a VC30 2x12

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=768586

ooo, thanks for looking out for an amp for me :)

i don't have that amount of money till the end of september though :(

cheers mate