skippy_moogoose

skippy_moogoose's Profile Comments

the humanity wrote on Feb 7th, 2012 4:48am

MOOOOOOOOG HOW ARE YOU!!! AND IS YOUR HAIR STILL PURPLE?

anarkee wrote on Mar 27th, 2010 6:50pm

Cris YOU FREAKIN" MET LES CLAYPOOL?

I want details. Now.

anarkee wrote on Mar 5th, 2010 3:31pm

So are you still amoungst the living ?

thefitz wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 9:10pm

I was using the glam/new age/grunge thing as an analogy. What I'm saying is I want a scene shattering revolution - the grunge to this glam/new age scene we're in.

anarkee wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 12:20am

skippy_moogoose wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 at 11:12am :

Hey Tam

was wonderin, you ever seen the film "Walk Hard"?
aside from being rather funny and a decent parody of the music world, the lovely Mr Vedder has a pretty nifty cameo at the end...saw it and thought of you
hows things?

I will have to check that out! I've been doing great. Seeing Les on the 29th woo hoo!

the humanity wrote on May 22nd, 2009 9:19pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 11:28am :

If u like it,u shud like the others even more

I shall check them out.

I want a bandsaw. :/

the humanity wrote on May 22nd, 2009 8:17pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 11:10am :

Listening to SSPU I see..seeing them at academy 2 In june CANT WAIT

have to say Swoon is nothing compared to Carnavas and Pikul, its all too compressed, those 2 tho...things of beauty

haven't gotten the other ones, I won this in a bet. :)

thefitz wrote on May 20th, 2009 10:12pm

Many times I feel there's a complete lack of effort on the part of my other bandmates (one in particular), and it's extremely frustrating. Every second I think about the band I feel that I'm pulling the vast majority of the weight. However, I am the main creative force behind the songs - they're my baby. The band is a big part of my identity, whether people give a fuck or not. As much as it bothers me at times I plainly and simply cannot "leave" since another lineup just wouldn't be the same. The annoyance of a lack of devotion does not outweigh the creative release the band provides, for better or for worse. Basically, it's not worth quitting.

The hang is very important in a band, and luckily we have it down. We're all very good friends. But business is business. I personally find shit gear completely inexcusable, and no desire even worse. You need to prioritize your feelings - is your creative release outweighing the frustration? I can't answer that question for you.

thefitz wrote on May 19th, 2009 11:55pm

That rant in the economy/bass price blog is a very good preview of what the last blog is going to be like.

I've been done school for about a month now and I officially know that I can't unravel. I can't just sit back and rest and feel good doing it - need to keep myself busy. I hope to release the album in mid-July but that's out of my hands at the moment. Gotta wait for things to fall into place.

What's going on in your area?

the humanity wrote on May 19th, 2009 11:29pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 2:18pm :

Hows the build goin dude??

It got a brand name, and can I order mine yet?

Seriosuly tho,if it takes off,I want a nick built bass...I will bug you for years about it,be warned!!

hope all is well with u sir!!

if you send some money and specs, I'll definitely slap some wood together for you.
;)

I may get to chill with a dude who buids John Mayers guitars for him 0_0

the name is Tutch, and the model is the SoulJam.

thefitz wrote on May 19th, 2009 8:05pm

I have one more blog - it's about why music sucks, and it will contain the exactly how to make it better. Oh yeah, you better believe it.

the humanity wrote on Apr 23rd, 2009 11:40pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:36am :

yea, Ive got 2 lil uns, just my identity, saw ur thread, like ur ideas and how about a nickenbacker

I'm going for a Fortress/jazz mix, so it will be a bit rickish.

the humanity wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 9:46pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 10:37am :

Lol, its not a cool club, its just something I wanted, I wudnt say tats make anyone cooler, you can be a douche and have some really gnarly ink...or be a dude and have non

hows u nick?

I' m great, got some wood for the building of the nickbass, unsure how to name it, nickbass sounds kinda lame to me. I got a thread in GB&C

yeah, I always wanted a little tiny tattoo, not full body altering but something that proves it's me. you know?

the humanity wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 11:18pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 at 2:01pm :

It's the sign of the ol' trade as it were!

it still down then,was this afternoon

hmm. maybe I should join the cool club...

the humanity wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 6:20pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 at 9:10am :

As always, right back at you my man

Just got me new tattoo, a lil bass clef on the wrist

cool bro!

all the low enders seem to get the ol bass clef. ;)

UG appears to be out, hope it's gonna be UG 2.0 :)

the humanity wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 3:28pm

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 at 3:04am :

My missus is well ill atm too...wow, you must be busy to forgo pressies,still, something to look forward to

hope ur doin good my man and hope u gf is feeling better and a bit more awake

yeah, I did get to open some shirts, and I've had 2 cakes and some brownies now.

I'm fine, and she is getting better. :) she has a cold. much masculine affection to you!

the humanity wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 12:33am

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 19th, 2009 at 12:39pm :

lol,awesome

is it true love chap?

did u have a good bday?
get anything musicy and good?

it is, I was very disappointed in her impeccable need for sleep that day, I hope she isn't sick, her nose was major plugged too.

I'm not getting my presents for a month, my schedule is somewhat busy. :/

I should get one or two sooner but not yet.

the humanity wrote on Apr 19th, 2009 7:26am

skippy_moogoose wrote on Apr 18th, 2009 at 10:03am :

HAPPY 19TH NICK

thanks Skip. :)

I gave my birthday to my gf, I hope she liked it. :)

fatgoogle wrote on Apr 17th, 2009 4:28pm

How you finding the sandberg, i went on there website and theyve got some prety fine stuff made.

1 2 3 read next