skater dan0

skater dan0's Profile Comments

Aventador1987 wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 8:31pm

Sup Dan:

The extensive information you provided concerning my yamaha mod project is immensely useful dude. I really appreciate the time you took to type all of that up - and I'll keep you in the loop when the project starts and the choices i run into along the way!

Dom

Seyda wrote on Dec 18th, 2011 10:25pm

History I think, finally got it done, took 2700 words ;/

Seyda wrote on Dec 15th, 2011 8:20pm

skater dan0 wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:35am :
Yeah that's pretty standard, O' Hara's essays were just as bad a few years ago, what's he got you writing about at the moment?

About a specific scene of music of our choice, interesting topic, boring as fuck to write about though.

Seyda wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 4:15pm

Yeah, it's been interesting, only thing I'm disliking is Mike O' Hara's essays, but thats about it :P

Seyda wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 4:30pm

skater dan0 wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:24pm :
Cool, I finished in June. What year are you in?
1st year haha :P

Seyda wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 9:58pm

Haha, nice, we go to the same uni AND are doing the same course.

fatgoogle wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 10:57pm

Hi dan. could you move my UROTM to March at all. I have my mocks in feburary and prob wont have time before them with study and what not to get it written.

archerygenious wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 6:56pm

skater dan0 wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 10:42pm :
I only have the bridge pickup I think it's great. I got it because it was advertised as a hot pickup and although it's not as hot as you're led to believe, it's still a great pickup. I play a lot of genres and it covers everything I've played really well. It's very sensitive to the volume and tone controls and you'll need to spend the time getting the pickup height just right. If you set it low it sounds very smooth but if you set it high it gets more aggressive. I'd happily play it against most of the big manufacturer's pickups, I really think it's as good as any Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio. It might not be as good as some of the boutique stuff but then it's a cheap pickup.

Thanks a lot, can't wait to upgrade my strat now :D

archerygenious wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 5:35pm

Hey, just saw your tele build on the GB&C forum (it looks *so* nice!) and was wondering what you thought of the Giovanni pickups? I'm planning on doing some major upgrading to my strat soon and the Giovanni vintage pickups were the pickups I was planning on getting!
Andrew

creepingjesus73 wrote on Aug 1st, 2009 3:17pm

I got stuck into engineering my band one time in '92. Some friend of a friend-type guy said he'd come over a 'produce' a demo for us. Long story short, he'd an ancient Tascam, and no mics. I had to run everything thro' the PA, and add a couple of ambient mics. Our guitarists' 'Edge' sound went AWOL, and my bass sounded awful thro' the studio's Peaveys. So I had to get my sleeves rolled up, and get into it. It sounded ok after a while - but sadly I forgot to turn the air-con off, and that's most of what you can hear on the tapes. I still listen to them once in a while for a giggle!

creepingjesus73 wrote on Jul 31st, 2009 1:48pm

Pain in the arse when that happens! It's why I believe in a) engineering myself, and b) a bass rig can never have too much grunt.

Spaz91 wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 7:29pm

I've seen a Rick copy in a shop near me, the same on you have. How close does it get to the real Ricky tone?

anarkee wrote on Apr 4th, 2009 5:15pm

Doing a great mod Dan! Its nice to come in 6:00 PM or 6:00 am pst and see things dealt with.

bassmanjoe08 wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 1:15am

Dan! Congrats, bro!

anarkee wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 6:11pm

Hey Dan--congrats. Sorry it took so long to sort out!

Incubus_SCIENCE wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 3:39am

Hey sorry I just got that comment....
Check out "Hissing Fauna Are You The Destroyer" and "Sunlandic Twins". One guy writes and records all the parts to all of their songs. He's super talented.

ScottB. wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 12:54pm

Hey dan what did you use to record your cover of Josie?

froggyman wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 10:31pm

The Schecter 5 string has a P/J pickup configuration right? how does it sound? always been a little wary of the P/J basses

fatgoogle wrote on Jan 17th, 2009 8:32pm

Hi man, when you get the lh500 can you tell me what you think off it, my amp buying is going terribly and ive been looking at these, but have only played the HA's. Thanks

anarkee wrote on Jan 17th, 2009 6:13am