shattamakar

shattamakar's Profile Comments

the chalky one wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 3:11pm

Hey, what's up?

kamaaaa wrote on Mar 1st, 2013 9:09pm

My name is Kamara i am looking for good partner if you are interested in please contact me here (kamaraharuni@yahoo.co.uk

shattamakara wrote on Dec 29th, 2012 11:08am

SlackerBabbath wrote on Dec 29th, 2012 at 3:23pm :
(continued)...

Of course, that was all a few years ago. Our glory days are over now. Nowadays, we only play something like once or twice a year, (usualy at halloween) just the odd large show, and we don't even bother with a website anymore, which caused them to claim that we had split and that it somehow gave them the rights to our name.
Personaly though, I'd rather not be squabbling with them about it, not when you consider that we'd really just be arguing over the right to impersonate someone else. It's distasteful and I've better things to do with my time.

I've PM'd because I don't want the other band to get any ideas. :cheers:

SlackerBabbath wrote on Dec 29th, 2012 9:53am

(continued)...

SlackerBabbath wrote on Dec 29th, 2012 9:51am

shattamakar wrote on Dec 28th, 2012 at 5:17pm :
This pertains to my particular interests. I may have some good free advise for you. Two important questions.

1) When were you formed and how long before the other band were you formed?

Year 2000, 2 years before them.
shattamakar wrote on Dec 28th, 2012 at 5:17pm :

2) Why do you say you have a national reputation as opposed to a local one?

Because we toured extensively playing gig venues and theatres all over the UK from the south of England right up to Scotland and gained a reputation as the biggest and most authentic sounding Sabbath tribute in the country. We were getting paid thousands of pounds per gig and in the world of tribute acts were pretty much about as big as it gets, while all they have ever done is play a few local pubs in the Newcastle area.

SlackerBabbath wrote on Dec 28th, 2012 9:55am

(continued).....I dunno what makes them think they have the right to take our name and use our reputation to promote themselves, we [i]could[i] always take legal action, after all, we've been going longer than them and we're a national band while they just play in Newcastle, but we really can't be bothered with it and anyway, we've publicly made them look pretty silly on a couple of occasions so that's good enough for us.

If you want to check us out, cross reference Slack Babbath with either Lockgelly or Quazfest and you should find a few films of us out there.

SlackerBabbath wrote on Dec 28th, 2012 9:54am

shattamakar wrote on Dec 27th, 2012 at 2:23pm :
Actually, this was what I was referring to with the polystyrene slab thing:

That's not us. That's actualy another Slack Babbath from Newcastle who we had a bit of a problem with a couple of years ago because they were using images of us to promote themselves. We inadvertently got our own back when someone from a venue in Newcastle rang us up to confirm a booking, we simply said that we'd never even heard of the venue and their gig ended up getting cancelled. We even did some gigs in their neighbourhood under the heading of 'The REAL Slack Babbath', that got a reaction from them and we had the opportunity to tell them exactly what we thought of them in public.....

kertets wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 3:15pm

Happy jingle bells music friend.

adamgur96 wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 3:14pm

shattamakar wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 at 4:56pm :
:liplick:

:liplick:

vintage x metal wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 3:16am

shattamakar wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 1:49pm :
Bangla!

waddup

adamgur96 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 5:14pm

slash_GNR666 wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:32pm :
That is a fantastic profile picture

yap

slash_GNR666 wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 11:32am

That is a fantastic profile picture :golfclap:

kertets wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 7:19pm

Ah yea, you gotta have an ass hat.

kertets wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 6:32pm

You´re Welcome, thanks for my first comment!

ibrahimasood wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 6:28pm

long time! how have you been?

SlackerBabbath wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 9:31am

shattamakar wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:24am :

Sadly, they've already done the The Librarian. Badly.

Explain to me what this "Full English" business is at that nice looking pub you posted earlier. Does it include Chicken Tikka? *shudder*

A 'Full English Breakfast' to give it is full name is just va traditional fried breakfast that generaly includes bacon, sausage, baked beans, fried tomatoes, fried eggs, fried bread and black pudding.
shattamakar wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 at 9:24am :

Also, you should pick up some Baudrillard. If you already haven't, you'd appreciate him, I'm sure.

Yeah, I've been meaning to look some of his work up, haven't read any yet but I'm told that he's quite fascinating.

SlackerBabbath wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 9:41am

shattamakar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:32am :
Agreed.

But, not losing sight of the context....

Well, Jung's book has been described as 'addressing the moral, mythological and psychological implications of the Book of Job'. The way I see it, Jung got one... possibly two... out of three on that score. He nailed the psychological implications, did a pretty good job on the moral implications, but was way off on the mythological implications.
shattamakar wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:33am :

Exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

Just call me.......(dramatic note)... 'The Librarian'..
...lost as a child, raised by a secret sect of bookworm monks, Slacker became 'The Librarian' in an effort to fight the evils of ignorance in an insane world gone to Hell in a handbasket.

SlackerBabbath wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 10:19am

BTW, if you're interested in ancient Mesopotamian religion and the Book of Job, you might want to look up a text known as 'Ludlul bel nemeqi'. (I Will Praise the Lord of Wisdom) It's a Mesopotamian poem thought to have been written during the reign of the Babylonian king 'Nazi-Maruttaš' (1307–1282 BC) and many scholars consider the Book of Job to have possibly been based upon it.

SlackerBabbath wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 10:18am

shattamakar wrote on Aug 5th, 2012 at 9:28am :
Ordered both books. Thanks, Babby.

Here's a thoughtful, if I do say so myself, recommendation for your reading pleasure:

C.G Jung- Answer to Job.

Quite genius.

I wasn't personaly too impressed by it when I read it. Jung basicaly concludes that God's experiences with Job made him a nicer God, but that contradicts the very definition of the Abrahamic God as stated throughout the Hebrew Bible (OT), who is apparently 'unchanging'. I have the same problem with it as I have with Christian claims of a 'New Covenant'. If they consider their God to be unchanging, why then would they also consider that this same God would require a New Covenant?

SlackerBabbath wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 8:26am

shattamakar wrote on Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:56pm :
Mr. Babby!

Could you suggest me some books on ancient religious history that I should blow a modest pay check on?

How ancient? Not before El and not after Allah.

If you could recommend some books on Sumerian culture, that would be sexy.

Thanks,
Shat.

"The Sumerians: Their History, Culture and Character " by Samuel Noah Kramer.
And although it's not strictly just about the Sumerians, I'd thoroughly recommend "The Anvil of Civilization" by Leonard Cottrell, just because it gives a good all round view of the ancient Middle East and Mediterranean.

1 2 3 4 5 6 read next »