sadSTATUE

sadSTATUE's Profile Comments

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 4:27am

ya man that hurricane was a pussy really just a bunch of hype.....but you handle prices....do you handle guitar repair prices as well or should i reefer i mean refer to your man for this also i still haven't figured out how to put smiley faces on these comments.....how is this done what the fuck dont i see...peace : )

TUXGUITAR wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 11:39pm

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:45am :
I used to, and I miss it. It was a lot of fun, but college and moving split everyone up :/

aww thats too bad :/ same thing is happening to my band's >.> college... haha
you should have a reunion jam!!!! :D

what type of ska you into????

DimebagLivesOn wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 7:52pm

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:46am :
Haha, it's no problem. And I've heard Charter's just shitty in general, so consider your advice noted

Nah, I can understand that. When do you go back?

I really is, it can be fast sometimes, but the speed varies a ridiculous amount. Plus really awful customer service, apparently.

Not until the 15th ;_____; I'm even going early too to move in da babby freshman for a couple hours, but since I don't have to do all that orientation bullshit that weekend all I'm going to do for a week is play Starcraft and consume questionable beverages :D

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 1:39am

thanks for sending a tech my way....idiots at guitar center had no idea about floating bridges ...im glad you run a non chain music store thats good shit.... i still gotta look up my guitar ....... but stay safe in the hurricane

DimebagLivesOn wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 1:13am

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:03am :
What the hell, seriously?

Well, by all means I consider myself lucky in that respect.

Yeah, don't ever get Charter, it's so fucking shitty :| I'm starting to take Starcraft really seriously, and I lag out of games that I'm winning ;____;

Not to say college is horrible :p (Just all the couples and the fact it hasn't started again for me ;___;)

Sorry for all the QQ :o

TUXGUITAR wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 8:43pm

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:02am :
The jazz and ska combination especially, I'm a huge fan of ska and anything that comes of it.

I'll be sure to check them out

cool! :D I have a ska band! aside from the experimental one. we've played a few shows actually :)

woo thanks! :)

valennic wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 8:00pm

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 3:42pm :
thank you...im gunna do some research,and update you on a later date....so i take it ...it was probably made in japan

As for floating bridge.... i wanted to get a floating bridge and install it......from what ive seen with Floyd rose's and pro lines and all those...it looks like i would have to do drill work and enlarge the hole to fit the bridge and i'd rather not do that.... but ive heard of a method with a standard tremolo bridge that you can tighten the springs in back and it will raise the bridge into a floating bridge..or something...is that true...and do you have ideas/advice with floating bridges i do whammy all the time

Hey man, hope you don't mind me answering, I'm the tech at her shop so she sent me this way. Do me a favor and ask your question in a detailed way via PM to me, and I'll do my absolute best to help you out. :cheers:

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 3:12am

well hey if you have the info about floating bridges i thank you.....if you felt it was a stupid question or just dont feel the need to answer...well i wont lose sleep : D

but i have checked the web and info is very scarce for whatever reason

TUXGUITAR wrote on Aug 25th, 2011 11:48pm

i found some songs that I recorded about two years ago! :o haha so yeap...check em' out if you like :P

TUXGUITAR wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 2:26am

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:20pm :
You're not kidding

That sounds wild, did any recordings come from it yet? That's a combination that's very relevant to my interests.

tell me about it :P

unfortunately no recordings since its nearly impossible to jam real loud in apartments. BUT we will record some day soon >:)

really? which one of the different styles interest you? :)

DimebagLivesOn wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 2:05am

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:23pm :
That's true :/ It always seems to happen. So I guess now you're just looking forward to going back to school.

Oh yeah, absolutely. There are some things we're still attempting to work out, in terms of what works and what doesn't, but we're doing a pretty steady business.

Yeah, especially since I can't even game on this Internet, I'm actually pretty fucking pissed.

That's nice to hear, you didn't have to go to college to make a living like us normal people :o

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 9:42pm

DimebagLivesOn wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 7:22pm

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 9:12am :
Don't have any friends left? D: I'm sorry to hear that. 19's not what anyone might call amazing, I'll admit, but still. :/
I've been good, actually. Busy, what with getting ready to take over the business, but things have been pretty alright, not gonna lie.

Yesh, people here changed a fuckload after high school or are gone, so I don't really feel like hanging out with anyone for the most part anyway, and there isn't exactly a huge pool of people to select friends from :o

That's pretty bad ass, is the store growing well?

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 7:16pm

also i have a question about floating bridges when you get the time...thank you

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 7:13pm

cant*** even raise or lower the humbuckers with out them falling in

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 7:12pm

The wiring seemed standard ...i think somebody took it apart long before me and messed alot of things up... so the wiring seemed sloppy and i have to solder the wire on the the pick ups switch because it shorts out occasionally......and ya i belive it was chambered in fact when i took the humbuckers out the screws were stripped and it was a pain in the ass to get it to stay stable...like when i put the pick ups back in the pickups kept falling in the cavity and i kinda had to rig the springs to keep it stable in one spot until i can replace all those parts so i can even raise or lower the humbkers now with out them falling in...does that help with a manufacturer .....and did the diamond on the head stock look familiar at all in real life its shiny and colorful but camera was bad qauilty ?? how is your customer's ...is it similar??

DimebagLivesOn wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 8:36am

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 20th, 2011 at 7:05pm :
YOU. ಠ_ಠ
I just noticed your birthday thread, and it's been a while since I've said hi, but I'll do you one better and wish you a happy birthday, so hope you had a good one

ME. ಠ_ಠ

Thanks, I tried. Birthdays when you don't have any friends left and are 19 just aren't as fun as previous ones. How have you been?

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 5:36am

oh ya forgot to say ....it is a bolt on neck and like i said no info anywhere ive literally taken everything off to fix it up,,, and the rhythm - treble switch also has a back plate behind it so you can get to that wiring aswell

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 5:32am

sadSTATUE wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 at 5:08am :
You know what, funny you should ask about one of those old LP copies. I've been doing some research of them for a customer. Is yours a set neck or bolt on? And if it's bolt on, does it say anything on the neckplate?

HA so irony still strikes .... ya i took it all apart nothing anywhere no serieal number anywhere nothing.... i got it in working condition again.... if you go to my pictures i put two up one has a close up of the diamond on the head stock i think thats the best clue to what it is.......it has inlay around the sides that you can feel so it wasnt cheap.....but ya check it out ill be back in a couple days

JamsWithFeel wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 4:14am

and thats really fucking weird.......seriously...that black ibanez you have....was the first guitar i ever owned 0-o irony is fucked

read previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next