ripdime04

ripdime04's Profile Comments

24WildRovers wrote on May 4th, 2010 12:55pm

ripdime04 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 at 6:48pm :
hell yea man, i just gotta get my license and a car, but well definatley have to go to a few shows, im still yet to see the dead, so maybe when i get my shitfigured well head down to see them?
Sounds good to me :D

24WildRovers wrote on May 4th, 2010 2:40am

ripdime04 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 at 6:10pm :
spac (saratoga performing arts center) heres the link its in ny man, ya should try to head up, tell meif ya do well get some doses and dose out together

Sorry man but that's a long ways away and all of my travel money is going to go to two road trips I am going to take around the same time period. So maybe when it's closer between us we can hit a couple together.

24WildRovers wrote on May 4th, 2010 2:02am

ripdime04 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 at 12:28pm :
haha anytime man jus buy a ticket and bring money for doses
Where is the concert playing?

gilles_frehley wrote on May 3rd, 2010 3:33pm

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 8:27pm :
wut festivals u headin out to man

For now, I've decided to go to Graspop Metal Meeting and Rock Werchter, in Belgium :)
maybe I'll go see Maiden at pukkelpop, but I'm not sure yet :p Belgian festivals are awesome man :)

24WildRovers wrote on May 3rd, 2010 1:53pm

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 5:11pm :
dude whats up man, im seeing phish june 20th at spac, im gonna be cnady-flippin and drunk as fuck dude. IM SO FUCKING PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god can you bring me with you, PLEASE!!??? That sound so cool, hope you have a great time though

RU Experienced? wrote on May 3rd, 2010 4:26am

ripdime04 wrote on May 1st, 2010 at 10:18am :
sweet man, and dude their live shit is so good, im actually listening to a live gumbo right now, there so good, dude if ya get the money you should get out to spac or some other show this summer, im prolly gonna be tripping balls there
Wait, you're listening to a "gumbo?"

The hell is that?

I don't know that I'd go see them live, Trey's voice gets on my nerves a bit. I'm very particular about my vocalists.

aig91 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 3:59am

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 9:38pm :
omg you dont even know, words cant explain there shows, i mean you go to one of their shows your changed, and i heard its even more "religious like expierence" when you take some acd, which i will be doin for this one

Damn. Sounds like one hell of a good time. Tell me all about it after you see it.

Thanks for the add btw. :D

aig91 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 3:27am

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 9:16pm :
you didnt happen to read that in my about me did you:P lol, yes phish and the grateful dead are my two fav bands, grateful dead got me into phish, ive laready seen phish once last year on thanksgiving and im fuckin happy to say im seeing them at spac on the 20th(hopefully)

Sounds awesome. I'd love to see them in concert. They put on wicked awesome shows.

aig91 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 3:14am

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 9:12pm :
thanks, i saw your grateful dead group n joined, so hey do you like the band phish at all?

Sure do. Are they your favorite?

aig91 wrote on May 3rd, 2010 3:09am

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 9:04pm :
you have a very excellent taste in music

Thank you, my friend. You have quite a great taste in music yourself. :cheers:

Don't Panic Ok? wrote on May 3rd, 2010 12:05am

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 at 3:47pm :
yo brother check out that nas and damien marley album, they realeaed like two songs but it comes out may 18. its pretty dope. heres one of the songs. peace man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mmAuHieD7Q&feature =related

I love them man, I got to check them out live at Rothbury last year, 'twas sweet. Nas is probably my favorite rapper.
Check out this Nujabes beat with an emcee from 5 Deez (a rap group from my city, Cincinnati) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIskTtctvtg&feature =related

MH400 wrote on May 1st, 2010 10:59pm

ripdime04 wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 9:50am :
hey man, im not sure, but do you e-marry people, becuase id like to get married to fassa albrecht, thanks man

Whatttttt lol Fassa??

RU Experienced? wrote on May 1st, 2010 4:13am

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 at 7:44pm :
DUDE I TALKED MY PARENTS INTO LETTING ME SEE PHISH AGAIN!!!! IM SO FUCKING PUMPED!!!!! CANDY-FLIPPIN N PHISH FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats dude, have fun.

I'm actually on their email list or whatever so I've downloaded a ton of their live shows. Never been out to see them though. Let me know how it is :)

RU Experienced? wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 9:05pm

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 at 3:00pm :
*snip*
That's cool. I'm trying to organize a band together with an old buddy myself. We'll see how that works out, so far we've got two guitarists and a drummer who'll play with us.

As for the Phish concert, it sounds like your parents don't trust you to make responsible decisions, so you'll have to talk to them and convince them otherwise. How you go about doing that I have no idea, because I don't know what your relationship/situation with your parents is like. Good luck though, I hear Phish are great live.

RU Experienced? wrote on Apr 28th, 2010 6:38pm

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 at 3:34pm :
haha i know man its so weird, i wish i could just hear myself as i am.
I enjoy singing, and luckily it sounds good to me. I feel sorry for the poor saps who have to listen to me though :D

RU Experienced? wrote on Apr 25th, 2010 5:40pm

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 10:37pm :
yea my brother got me into stoopid too, and sadly i think thats how it is for me too.....
Isn't it curious how that works?

In my head it's like I can flawlessly emulate Jim Morrison to Frank Sinatra to Ronnie Van Zant to Mark Knopfler and then I listen to a recording and it sounds like a guy singing blandly with horrible intonation with crappy pitch changes.

RU Experienced? wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 3:02am

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 8:17pm :
its cool, yea upstrokes can be used a bit much, brad also inspired me to start singing, which personally, i think if i put some passion into my singing i dont sound bad, atleast one or two of my friends told me that, hey dude check out slightly stoopid there an awesome band. peace
My brother actually turned me on to Slightly Stoopid a while back. My computer had crashed and I lost all my music and I'd never thought to redownload their music. Thanks for reminding me :P

I've been trying to sing for a while but I recently discovered I suck at staying in key and my voice sounds significantly nicer in my head than it does on a recording :(

ripdime04a wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 2:15am

its cool and yes upstrokes can be used a bit much in some songs,which is why i like sublime becuase it isnt, and yea i got get more rythm down too, i love brad's voice man, hey dude i suggest checking out slightly stoopid there a fucking good band. peace

RU Experienced? wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 12:21am

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 at 11:46am :
really i like it when they incorporate there playing, when i started learning sublime songs, i started using bar chords alot more, and i started playing upstrokes which i found i love the sound of, and actually sublime got me into punk rock and playing kind of punk style too, they also got me into reggae music alot more than i already was
Barre chords is like all I've been playing for the past couple of months because I decided my rhythm playing blows. I guess you were just strumming open chords before that? Upstrokes are good when used sparingly in my opinion, I usually just alternate between up and down.

Funny, their punk playing is what turns me away, but I do love the way they've incorporated the reggae into their playing. Brad had a pretty great voice too.

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

RU Experienced? wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 9:04pm

ripdime04 wrote on Apr 16th, 2010 at 7:46pm :
yes youre correct, sublime si one of my favorite bands, nowell has a huge influence on my style of playing, learning his songs changed how i play guitar completely, burritos is a descent song, not their best by far though, i mean yea man, i know you probly like what i got, as does everybody, but i mean check out the ballad of johnny butt, santeria, under my voodoo, 40 oz to freedom, greatest hits, all that man. there good shit. i respect your opinion to not like someone though, im not one of them kids who sits there and flips out becuase you dont like a band i like haha. peace man
Again, they do have some good songs that I like. Santeria and 40 oz. to Freedom would be in that category. It's when they try to incorporate the punk elements into their music that they lose me.

As a side note, it's good that you won't flip out on me for not liking a band, but also somewhat disappointing ;)

How would you say they've influenced your playing?

read previous 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 read next