primusfan

primusfan's Profile Comments

TheMidasTouch wrote on Mar 21st, 2014 6:36pm

Yes please. I loved the album and I cant seem to find the mp3 files anymore

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 9th, 2014 3:18am

Wait until you see what I got. It has to actually get here first though, so you actually have to wait. But man, when it gets here...

TheMidasTouch wrote on Jan 1st, 2014 5:25am

Hey man, I was just wondering if you had a link or something where I could download the Highlight Reel album. I have lost mine over time.

NirvanaLuvr16 wrote on Aug 12th, 2013 4:55pm

Hi

ShameofaNation wrote on Feb 15th, 2013 3:48am

Oh yeah, I never mentioned.

You, sir, have been sigged.

a0kalittlema0n wrote on Jan 19th, 2013 12:07am

I learned more about Jazz from your one post then I have from hours searching the internet to find something that has intelligence behind it. Thanks for taking the time to post that.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 30th, 2012 4:16pm

So I've decided that since realistically I can't hope to afford an upright bass, I might just have to built a 4 string washtub bass.

Draken wrote on Jun 12th, 2012 1:11am

Nooooo don't leave chat i was only being cheeky!

moscaespañol wrote on Mar 1st, 2012 5:32am

Thanks!

moscaespañol wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 5:48am

hey, since you seem to be a jazz authority (or at least a huge fanboy) i'm asking for you to rec me some 'starter' jazz records. I've listened to Coltrane's Blue Train, Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and Dave Brubeck's Time Out and liked them all.

ibrahimasood wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 3:17pm

hey, i heard you like Avishai Cohen !

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 7th, 2012 3:06pm

i thought you might like this. it's a pretty cool take on the tune.

unet wrote on Dec 31st, 2011 7:56am

YOU LURKER

theogonia777 wrote on Dec 28th, 2011 2:11pm

thanks for the help. yeah, it definitely is a big investment, but then, so is almost everything music related, unfortunately. i can't help but feel really bad for people playing tuba or contrabassoon or pedal steel guitar or whatever.

and the first two songs on my profile, and the two under my "Skills" section. they're all pretty short.

theogonia777 wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 11:05pm

cool. i would definitely get a bow anyway, just because i figured that even if i didn't really use it too much, it would at least be a worthwhile skill to learn, though i would be more interested in playing jazz, cause jazz bass is cool. any other general advice on what to look out for when checking out instruments? by the way, i finally got a couple of decent quality banjo recordings up, if you'd be interested in hearing them.

theogonia777 wrote on Dec 27th, 2011 1:32am

do you have any recommendations for a decent "first" upright bass?

NOTONFACEBOOK wrote on Dec 18th, 2011 5:37pm

I was here

MisspentYouth wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 7:25am

primusfan wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:31pm :
i didn't know you still came on here!

I left for a while, then I remembered about it and started posting in the punk forum again a little. Now I keep forgetting and remembering again. I think I have Internet Amnesia.

theogonia777 wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 2:09am

dat Lee Morgan!

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 5:43am

glad you like it. and that sounds pretty intense. all of my musician friends (that i know from playing in metal bands, of course) are always surprised that i like that kind of stuff, considering that i normally listen to technical death metal and funeral doom. cause no one could ever possibly like more than one genre of music, you know? though i wish there were more people that are into that sort of stuff up here. though i don't think my non musician friends are surprised, considering that i carry my banjo around all the time at school.

it's too bad i don't have recording gear, otherwise i'd record some banjo and lap steel stuff. i have a couple of really low quality banjo recordings on my profile, but they're pretty bad. in my recording of Blue Moon of Kentucky, the audio even cuts out completely at one point. i might try rerecording that piece sometime, now that i've gotten it down (that couldn't have been more than a week since i started learning it).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next »