So a friend of the family had a 40th Birthday party last night and his friend Gordan was going to be there.
Now Gordan's an exceptionally good guitar player, been playing for over 40 years and I'm pretty sure he's jammed with Tommy Emanuel a few times. He can listen to a song, and by the time it's finished he'll know how to play it. He brought 2 guitars with him, one for me (I couldn't bring mine) and one for him.
The guy who's Birthday it was plays the drums and he brought his drum kit with him (The party was at a community hall). He also just recently got a Bass from eBay for his daughter (Who, funny enough, wants to play Bass) and he brought that with him too.
There were maybe 60 people or more at the party and we (The 'Band') played the music for the night. I can definately say I enjoyed myself and playing alongside Gordan is amazing. If I didn't know the song (We were playing alot of older songs as well) he'd spend a minute or so teaching me some chords and things to play in the background of his playing so that I wasn't just standing there like an idiot.
All in all it was a really good night and it was my first (Sort-of) gig, which was cool
So you can still message me and stuff, but I won't be able to answer you for a while. I'm going to Adelaide which is about a 7 hour drive from where I live (Not including breaks and possible heavy traffic etc). I'm hoping to get out of it early and drive back after 5 days or so if possible.
It's ok, don't cry, I'll be back soon I promise.
I personally don't want to go, but it's something I can't get out of unfortunately. So don't have too much fun without me, I'll probably be bored as hell having no internet for a few days.
Not like there are many people who read my blogs anyway, but I'm letting you know just in case you did and were wondering where I was.
Cheers guys, and I hope you all had a good start to the new year, I know I did anyway (Which is rare).
Ok, so I was randomly going through music on my computer and there were quite a few bands/songs that when I listened to brought back so many memories and I thought I'd like to share a few of them with you if you're interested.
- The Offspring: These guys would have to be one of my all-time favourite bands because I basically grew up listening to them. When I hear their songs (Mostly their older ones) it makes me want to be a little kid again. Some of my favourite songs include [Basically every single song of their Greatest Hit s album, plus a few others]. One of their songs in particular, 'Gone Away' reminds me of my cousin who killed himself, so it holds a special meaning to me.
- Silverchair: Basically the same as The Offspring, when I hear their songs I can think of the first time I heard them and what i was doing when I heard them, etc. Although, I don't like their new stuff anywhere near as much as their older stuff. Some of my favourite songs include 'Abuse Me', 'Ana's Song', 'Anthem For The Year 2000', 'Cemetary', 'Freak', 'Miss You Love', 'The Greatest View' and 'Tomorrow'. Their song 'Miss You Love' always reminds me of a girl I know whom I adore, but she'll never know because I'm never going to tell her. It's not the lyrics that I associate with her, but I first heard it at her birthday party on the radio. Silly little memories...
- Metallica: Same story as the above two, my Dad would basically play the Black Album to get me to sleep at night when I was young. And speaking of which, it just happens to be my fa vourite album of theirs. I don't like many of their other songs much, but t hat's just me. I absoloutely love the song 'Nothing Else Matters' because it shows that a band like Metallica can write a heartfelt song and still sound good. I don't care if anyone disagrees with me on that one.
- Linkin Park: And yes, same as before. I usually associate their first album with me finishing Primary school and entering High School, which was a big transition in my life (As with everyone else as well I'm sure). There aren't really any of their songs I don't like apart from some off their latest album. Their songs, especially their first single 'One Step Closer' reminds me of one of my best friends, because he got it for his birthday and we listened to that song for 2 days straight on re peat. Good times.
Anyways, I'll probably type more at another stage in a part 2, but it's too hot right now to even concentrate. Well, feel free to discuss and ask me questions or whatever.
Here's a list of a few things that I do all the time but I just can't help it, call them nervous compulsive disorders or whatever you like, I don't know what they're called exactly:
- I have to have my bedroom curtains closed over so tightly that nobody can see me. If I can't see out, they can't see in.
- I get dressed the exact same way every morning, my leg/arm in first, then my left. If I don't get dressed right to left I feel strange all day and have to get un-dressed and then dress myself the 'right' way.
- When I check my bank balance at the ATM I get 2 reciepts before and after I make a withdrawal, even though I know damn well that when I make my transaction the total ammount on the reciept beforehand will not be right anymore. Then I keep all 4 of them.
- I wash my hands alot, I just can't stand having dirty hands. If I touch something dirty, the next thing to touch my hands will be some type of soap. I guess that one's not too bad.
- Every single time I pick up my guitar I play the exact same riff to check if it's in tune or not, don't laugh, it's the chorus for 'One' by Metallica. I have a very good ear for pitch too, my guitar's always tuned perfectly.
- When I play golf, I can't leave the driving range afterwards until I hit the perfect shot. I'll stay there for upwards of 2 hours trying to get the perfect drive (Nice 'ping' sound, tee coming out of the ground, straight and long, etc) and if I don't, I'll be all shitty for the rest of the day.
- There's this spoon I have at home that I really like for some unknown reason, it's shape, or size or something. I have to eat everything with that one spoon. There's nothing wrong with any of the other spoons in the house, I just have to eat with that one.
- I have to wet my toothbrush before I put the toothpaste on, then wet the toothpaste before I put it in my mouth.
- If something's meant to be perfectly symmetrical, dammit, MAKE IT PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL!
- I have to have every song on my computer named perfectly, and every other little bit of information entered in perfectly also. I spend hours some days making sure that it's all correctly filled out.
- Despite all these things (There are hundreds more, I'll probably even make a part 2 if you're lucky), my room's always messy. Not dirty or food scraps or anything, just paper and clothes and crap.
I thought it was about time to ditch the little guitar dude and show you all what I look like. Not that anyone cares, lol
And I'm also thinking of changing my profile, probably alot from now on, like every week or so.
Any suggestions for what you'd like to see as my avatar?
Also, here's your chance to apply to be one of my 'Close friends' cause I have none on here at the moment, just ask and you shall recieve, lol.
I might as well rant on since I have nothing better to do. I went and saw the movie 'Superbad' a while ago, I quite enjoyed it. One of the better 'Teen-oriented' movies out there, and it was realistic enough to actually believe the things that happened in it (Except for the cops, lol. That part was crazy, but added some humour into it )
I learned a few valuable lessons from it too, the main one being: If a girl wants to dance with you and she starts rubbing herself on your leg, watch out...
Anywho, cheers if you can be bothered reading this.
Ok, you asked for it (Actually, nobody asked for it, I just decided to do it because i was bored), a list of pretty much every band/artist I like/listen to.
I'll probably leave a few out but, oh well, I'll try not to.
In (Pretty much) alphabetical order, here they are:
3 Doors Down, 311, 10 Years, 12 Stones, 28 Days, 30 Seconds To Mars, 36 Crazy Fists, 40 Below Summer, A Perfect Circle, AC/DC, Aerosmith, AFI, Alexisonfire, Alice In Chains, Alien Ant Farm, Alkaline Trio, American Hi-Fi, Angels And Airwaves, Antiskeptic, Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Religion, Behind Crimson Eyes, Bernard Fanning, Billy Talent, Black Light Burns, Bleeding Through, Blind Melon, Blindside, Blink 182°, Bliss 66, Blur, Bodyjar, Bowling For Soup, Boxcar Racer, Boy Hits Car, Brand New, Breaking Benjamin, Bullet For My Valentine, Bush, Caliban, Cauterize, C.K.Y, Clawfinger, Coldplay, Coolio, Cradle Of Filth, Crazy Town, Creed, Dashboard Confessional, Dead Poetic, Death Cab For Cutie, Deftones, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Dream Theatre, Drowning Pool, Dry Kill Logic, East 17, Egypt Central, Element Eighty, E.L.O, Emery, End Of Fashion, Evanescance, Evans Blue, Evergreen Terrace, Faith No More, Fall Out Boy, Fear Factory, Finch, Finger Eleven, Foo Fighters, Fort Minor, From First To Last, Funeral For A Friend, Godhead, Godsmack, Goldfinger, Goo Goo Dolls, Good Charlotte, Goodnight Nurse, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, H.I.M, Hatebreed, Hawthorne Heights, Head Automatica, Hoobastank, I Killed The Prom Queen, Ill Niño, In Flames, Incubus, Iron Maiden, Jawbreaker, Jet, Jimmy Eat World, John Butler Trio, Karnivool, Killing Heidi, Killswitch Engage, KISS, Kisschasy, Korn, Led Zeppelin, Less Than Perfection, Letter Kills, Lifehouse, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, Lostprophets, Lustra, Mae, Marilyn Manson, Marcy Playground, Maroon 5, Matchbook Romance, Matchbox 20, Megadeath, Mest, Metallica, Midtown, Motion City Soundtrack, Mudvayne, My Chemical Romance, Negative Feedback, New Found Glory, Nickelback, Nine Days, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Nonpoint, Norma Jean, Oasis, Open Hand, Opeth, OPM, Pain, Panic! At The Disco, Pantera, Papa Roach, Paramore, Pearl Jam, Peeping Tom, Pink Floyd, Placebo, P.O.D, Plus 44, Poison The Well, Powderfinger, Powerman 5000, Pre Teen Disco Diaries, Prodigy, Puddle Of Mudd, Queen, Queens Of The Stone Age, R.E.M, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, Rancid, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Regurgitator, Remi Zero, Rise Against, Roadrunner United, Saliva, Satyricon, Savage Garden, Scars Of Life, Seether, Senses Fail, Sepultura, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shihad, Silverchair, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Snow Patrol, Soilwork, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, Staind, Static-X, Still Remains, Stone Sour, Story Of The Year, Student Rick, Sugarcult, Suicidal Tendencies, Suicide Silence, Sum 41, Sunk Loto, Superheist, Switchfoot, System Of A Down,, Taking Back Sunday, Taxiride, Tenacious D, The 69 Eyes, The All-American Rejects, The Androids, The Butterfly Effect, The Cure, The Darkness, The Eagles, The Fuck Ups, The Living End, The Offspring, The Rasmus, The Superjesus, The Urge, The Used, The Vines, They Might Be Giants, Thirsty Merc, Three Days Grace, Thrice, Thursday, Tool, Trapt, Trivium, Tupac Shakur, U2, Ugly Kid Joe, Unwritten Law, Van Halen, Veil Cassini, Velvet Revolver, Venaculas, Weezer, Wheatus, Within Temptation, and Yellowcard.
I'm sure I left a heap out, most likely newer ones or really older ones, or just the ones I don't listen to AS much and forget about them occasionally, lol. If you see any that aren't on the list, let me know and I'll add them if I know them.
Sorry if it seems a little cramped and/or hard to read, but if that's not variety, let me know
Here is a list of random facts that you most likely didn't know about me unless I've told you. And yes, there is an about me section, but I thought I'd put this here for people to get to know who I am a little better.
So, in no particular order:
I only own jeans, no other pants.
I sleep with 5 pillows on my bed.
I do not discriminate people because of their age, sex, race, ethnicity, sexuallity, religion or for being who they want to be. I give everyone a fair go.
The movie I've watched the most times would definately have to be 'The One' with Jet Li in it. Don't ask me why.
I am addicted to fighting/karate movies and Bruce Lee was (And still would be) the best martial artist out there hands down.
I do not smoke, drink or take drugs.
I play golf and have for a number of years. I do not like playing physical contact sports, but I'll enjoy watching a game of footy here and there (Go Collingwood )
I eat alot of food that isn't good for me all the time, yet I don't put on any weight
whatsoever. I don't think I could gain weight if I tried and that's the honest truth.
I'd rather be making money than spending it.
I don't go to school anymore, I would've been in Year 11 this year if I did (I don't know if that's the same in other countries besides Australia, I think you guys use a different system).
Yes, I do live in Australia, born and bred.
I am half Italian, from my Mother's side of the family (Which is massive).
I'm a deep thinker and am often gazing off into another world when I should have been doing school work.
I passed my school years with very high marks, well, the years that I went anyway.
I talk alot, but I'm a very good listener as well.
I admire people who have the courage to put in the hard yards. I'm sometimes not a very patient person and expect everything to fall into place right away which doesn't happen.
I have a MySpace, but I don't use it anymore. I log in once a week to check out the bands updates, that's it. I'm so sick of it.
I am not a very self-confident person and would rather be the one taking the photo then to be the one in it. So don't expect any pictures of me on here, sorry.
I have never completed a Rubik's Cube before.
I've played Video games since age 2, It all started with the Sega Master System and it's evolved from there. I've owned the following games systems before: Sega Master System 1 and 2 (With Alex the Kid built into it), Sega Genesis (Or Megadrive, same thing), NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Nintendo DS and DS Lite, Gamecube and Wii. 12 in total.
I like all types of music, EXCEPT for SOME Rap (The newer stuff's a bit corny I think, too many tits and too much ass), Pop, and songs where you can't make out the lyrics because the singer is screaming too much.
I liked alot of the bands nowdays that are big BEFORE they were big, now they're just considered 'mainstream' and 'pop', but I like to listen to their older stuff alot more.
I am going to see My Chemical Romance on Decmber the 1st here in Melbourne. It's a long story, but I probably wouldn't have bought the tickets to see them if it were my choice, but I am going anyway.
I dip my fries in my ice-cream at Mc Donalds.
I guess if you want to know more about me, or just talk and be my friend, I'm happy to
I was thinking about this a bit and just wondering if these profiles will become 'The next MySpace'. I hope not. UG is a respectable website with many devoted guitarists, bass players and musicians and I'd hate to see it turn into a popularity contest between people, or worse, a place for non-musicians to hang out
Anyway, I grabbed the number of users that were registered just now and it was 657,329. That's a fair heap, but I know that there's only a small percentage that actually go on the forums and stuff. I probably should've gotten that number sooner, because the profiles have been up for a little while now, but I'd jut like to see how many new members UG gets in the next few weeks or so...
I'm going to start maybe posting some lyrics on here, nothing special, but just some things that I've written that you might like to read.
Anyways, I'll hopefully get some of my crappy guitar work up at some stage in the next few days for you all to lsten to so untill then, cheers