ormsby guitars

ormsby guitars's Profile Comments

dsss guitars wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 8:37pm

How goes it down under from Bonnie Scotland

jamesduane wrote on Jun 8th, 2010 1:03am

Hello! I'm attempting to build one of Randy Rhoads' PDV, and i was wondering if you could send me some of the measurements or something? this is my very first build, and i want it to beas good as a first guitar can! also, im not completely sure of how to route out the pick up and floyd rose cavities, although i have looked it up. Help if you can, I'd appreciate it! RIP Randy

MonkeyLink07 wrote on Feb 11th, 2010 12:48am

I saw that guitar too, amazing job on it and congrats on getting it in GW. Will we be getting any build pics in GB&C of it? Well pics of any of your builds would be great. Keep building amazing guitars.

SupremeACL wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 1:57am

What Travis said. Very well done, my friend.

CallmeTravis wrote on Feb 5th, 2010 10:31pm

PERRY! I just saw your Randy Rhodes tribute bass in Guitar World! Simply awesome, and the thumbnail is an incredible touch. I'm in awe.

Ishiga wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 10:55am

You've got to be the best damn luthier I've ever seen. Just wondering, what would the cost of a GG6 shipped to the states would run? Hopefully landing a job here in the next couple weeks.

koalabacon wrote on Aug 24th, 2009 5:09am

just wondering, are all the pickups you use in your guitars hand wound or do you buy them from an outside source?

1nSingularity wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 12:28am

Hopefully sometime I can go to Perth for a few weeks and check you guys out.

mamosa wrote on May 27th, 2009 4:09pm

Does shipping cost more than the guitar? (I'm in the US)

And if I tell you what I would want, can you give me an estimate so I know how much to save up?

Carrot wrote on May 19th, 2009 12:49am

Hey
Just wondering if you ship your guitars to the UK?

Thanks

TimBFMV wrote on Apr 28th, 2009 7:09pm

Whoa that VS Strat copy I saw on your site is sweet! :liplick:

Shinozoku wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 5:23pm

Perry, man! How come I haven't seen any of your builds lately on the GB&C?

bv310 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 3:48am

Hey Perry, you stock Kahlers right? would you recommend one for a build, or do you have any alternatives that would be better? Thanks

24fRETSoFfURY wrote on Oct 6th, 2008 9:25am

Hey Ormsby, do you build many basses? I only recall seeing one on the forums here.
Also what are your thoughts on using jarrah for guitars?

WH15P3R wrote on Sep 1st, 2008 10:35pm

Hey, hope you find an assistant.

I would love to, but I think i'm a bit young and too far away to move to Perth to help out.

Good luck :cheers:

spartan 118 wrote on Aug 24th, 2008 3:18am

ormsby guitars wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:34pm :

We do that all the time

Those guitars look great. I'll probably look to you guys sometime in the next few years.

spartan 118 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 3:33pm

Hey, I have a quick question about Ormsby guitars: Is it possible that someone could order one and then when it's built, have it shipped internationally?

CobenBlack wrote on Jun 15th, 2008 11:37pm

hey man, i'm looking to start building a few guitars (casually) and was wondering if you could offer any tips that maybe you wish someone had told you when you were starting out? i am especially worried about how the neck (and neck joint) are going to come out.

if you dont get time to reply - thats cool, just hope you know, your guitars freakin rock man

BFun wrote on May 13th, 2008 8:51am

Your guitars look awesome, especially the tops and inlays. How long does it take to build one?

Roughly how much does a custom guitar from you cost? Ive been thinking of buying one after I finish school this year.

Gee-tar-eist wrote on Apr 3rd, 2008 11:22pm

Your guitars look absolutely amazing, i wish i had the money to get one but sadly i'm still in highschool without a way to make money, maybe someday though :D. How is it you came to know so much about guitars?? I would really like to know, if you dont mind me asking.

1 2 read next