nxtvanhalen

nxtvanhalen's Profile Comments

Liquid Metal 89 wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 8:07am

whats up dude! can you check out my band!!! feedback is welcome and prefered!! if you like us suggest us your friends!!- Justin Adams

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silence-Shall-Pass/1 84321804921776

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/silenceshallpas s/

Rockin'Ryan wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 4:08am

Hey nice job, I really like Alone Again.....I was wondering, is someone actually playing the drums in these songs or are you using a drum program?

PlagueX1 wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 6:41pm

I love your song Intermission of the Mind! Nice man.

karanggusi wrote on Oct 30th, 2008 8:37am

thx for the add

bben wrote on Aug 22nd, 2008 11:55pm

Hey dude, great production on Alone Again. You're lucky you have a decent voice. There's no way I can make my voice sound good. By the way, if you get a chance, you should check out the song Dynamics on my page. It's this old mp3 I found on my computer from last Christmas, and I finally finished up and posted it. Unfortunately, I don't have the original project file so I just had to leave a bunch of mistakes in there. But I still like it. Alright man, take it easy.

Holy Katana wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 9:32pm

Yeah, dude, so have I. I needed something that could do jazz, but also do rock, so I got it. It sounds gigantic, so much bigger than a solidbody, and also much woodier and organic.

Holy Katana wrote on Jun 12th, 2008 7:56pm

Jayme! I got a new guitar a couple of weeks ago! It's an Ibanez Artcore AS73.

bben wrote on Apr 21st, 2008 8:21pm

Hey dude I have a thing up called "mix test," if you could give it a listen (it's REALLY short) and let me know how I can improve the mix, that would rule.

mfinnan101 wrote on Apr 9th, 2008 8:53am

nxtvanhalen wrote on Apr 8th, 2008 at 8:44pm :

ah.. sorry about commenting more than once on the same song...

No problem man, thanks for the feedback.

Jejd wrote on Mar 25th, 2008 9:42pm

Thx for the picture comment : )

barrcode wrote on Mar 23rd, 2008 5:13am

Nice! I did one sort of like that last year though it was only three days, but it was great. I had the privelige of cooking the meals, can't make much with fish and hot dogs though haha. Just hope they don't leave you in the middle of nowhere with a box of matches and a fishing hook ;)

barrcode wrote on Mar 22nd, 2008 10:16pm

For a first go it's pretty great though, gave me a good laugh, especially the MTV intro. I'm pretty good, don't start spring break for another week though. Doing anything special over break?

barrcode wrote on Mar 22nd, 2008 7:36pm

Hahah Todd is Emo...

How you going guy?

david_safc wrote on Feb 16th, 2008 4:09am

Haha, its a very nice guitar. Plays very well.

david_safc wrote on Feb 15th, 2008 7:29pm

Your music is great

bben wrote on Feb 15th, 2008 4:26am

Wow, thanks for the feedback dude. Yeah I use the PodXT Live to record, my tone is a much-tweaked version of an effect called "Modern Metal" for the heavy parts, and then an even more-tweaked version of the same thing for the gypsy part in the middle and end. I tried using your "Universal Metal" effect, but I just couldn't get it to sound like you did. The final chord is a tweaked version of one called "Petrucci Dying Soul." I can't figure out how my strings still sound so good, I've been playing them a LOT for well over 6 months. I bought a bass over the christmas break and got the bass expansion pack for the pod; the effect I use is one I made called "Prog Bass." There is one really annoying thing about recording in my dorm room. There are tons of electronics around, and my pickups are always getting this ambient hum from everything unless I face in the exact right direction when I'm recording. I didn't do it right in "Upon Nothing," and you can totally hear it in the background.

bben wrote on Feb 14th, 2008 9:26pm

Hey man I've got 2 new-ish and 1 totally new song up, I'd love for you to take a listen and let me know if there's anything I can do to improve the mix.

bben wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 5:01am

Ok, sorry to comment again, but the preppy dude verse is fucking hilarious. So much great in there, it's hard for me to decide which line is my favorite. It's probably gotta be "pick up my acoustic and strum a G, don't need nothing else they still love me."

bben wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 4:53am

Dude, the lyrics for Sandals are genius.

[[It's Alex]] wrote on Jan 27th, 2008 5:49pm

Haha sounds pretty great actually.
I don't have a car though :(

1 2 3 read next