mountaindew88

mountaindew88's Profile Comments

thefitz wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 7:04pm

Ah, roadies. It's funny, I'm not sure how many people I'd trust to set up my rig, especially when there's mono-bridging involved. I guess I'd be like "OK, bring up the stuff, now fuck off" as I'd set it up.

And now that I think about it further, I'd get 2 212s instead of a 412 in case I have a smaller gig that only requires half the cabinetry. I'd just use my SM-900 for a 212/118. When using the full setup, I'd still put the 12's on one side and the 18's on another and use it like a huge tweeter/sub control, as opposed to controlling just 2 stacks.

thefitz wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 5:47am

Scratch that. Mesa Vintage Powerhouse 412. Look at that thing. Look at the Big Ben. Both have chrome covers. After that inevitable SWR endorsement, looks like I'm going Mesa!

thefitz wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 5:41am

And they'll blow up on you in a sec.

But that said, I'm just rig-dreaming now. I was thinking of getting an SWR Power 750 with my SM-900, which I'll never sell. Now, for the Power 750 I'll put 2 Big Bens and essentially use the whole thing as the motherload subwoofer. Now, what do I put with the SM-900? Put a Mesa 412 on there, or just 2 Eden 212's?

thefitz wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 5:06am

If you put in those new tubes (newbs, if you will), will you actually get more wattage?

.c.e.d. wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 4:48am

dude,
in your basic info about your passion for bass is exactly how i feel
you hit the nail on the head

rigiddigits wrote on Oct 1st, 2008 6:51pm

I'm just vegetarian actually, at the moment. I have been on and off since I was in my teens but in this current instance it's been almost a year. I'm up on veganism because I studied animal ethics at uni. It's uncertain territory, because I support the basic principles behind it, and the reason I became vegetarian was because I didn't see the point in my having beliefs unless I was going to live them out. So I still consume dairy, but I'm guilty about it. It's just an interim thing I think, one step at a time and all that. I don't buy clothing made from animal products though.

Why do you ask?

thefitz wrote on Sep 13th, 2008 4:37pm

Now that I realize it, all the nice flames I've seen were on quilted tops, not flamed bodies. That might have something to do with it!

thefitz wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 7:59am

It's interesting - all basses in that colour seem to have tops that POP. For example:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPag eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280261697677

Like... WOW. I'd put up with that nonsensical 16.5mm string spacing for that.

thefitz wrote on Sep 9th, 2008 5:23am

Your maple-bodied Warwick's figuring pops right out, whereas mine's as dull as hell. What'd you do to make it pop? Mine could use some cleaning.

thefitz wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 3:02am

Well riddle me this then: Vegan, or asshole?

I was at a Disneyworld Resort in 04 (I'm a HUGE Disneyworld fan, btw) and we were at the Coronado Springs resort. Moderate resorts have 2 restaurants - cafe style ones, and sit-down nice ones. We were at the cafe one, which was situated in such a way where you get a card, pick what you want, and the server stamps your card. Once your done eating, you bring your card to the cashier and pay for the whole meal. This has absolutely no consequence to the story.

Anyway, this thin woman with very little figure to her, short hair, and very, very long legs was in front of me. She wanted nachos. Nachos had beef, but she wanted vegetarian. The dude said 'yeah, no problem, I'll put beans on instead'. She got really annoyed and said "Vegetarian! NO MEAT!" Dude said "Uh... yeah, I'll put beans." She said "NO! I DON'T WANT MEAT!" Anyway, this went back and forth until she got frustrated and left.

Fuck the hell was that about?

thefitz wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 4:25am

Vegetarians are also tasty, but they're much harder to kill.

In Toronto, across from The Hard Rock Cafe where I played (/namedrop) there's this big square, and there was a vegetarian/anti-meat rally going on. Megaphones, TV screens, the whole nine. This one very visibly gay fellow was especially vocal, yelling at people walking by and passing out pamphlets. I walked by him, and without looking at me he passed me a pamphlet. I stopped, and kinda held the pamphlet and looked at him as if to say "are you SURE you want to waste a pamphlet on me?" He stopped yelling and kinda looked me over. I shrugged, and he took the pamphlet back. Not a word was spoken. My friends laughed their asses off.

thefitz wrote on Sep 2nd, 2008 9:24pm

mountaindew88, you're a vegan? Small world! I'm on a vegan diet, too. I think vegans are delicious.

Miss G wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 1:31pm

mountaindew88 wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 at 8:10pm :

And also, vegetarian's the way to go :] I've been veg for two years, and vegan for the last couple months.

One of my guitar playing friends said the sound of my bass makes him wish he played bass, then I ranted on about how Ampeg is not the tip top of bass amps. One of my bass friends who has a MIA jazz was ready to trade it for my Geddy as soon as he started playing it. I've been vegetarian for about 5 months, I really like it. Most people in my town (full of red necks) can't understand why I don't want to eat meat. After a week I felt so much better physically and mentally.

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 12:31pm

Hey! I'm doing quite well myself.... That really stinks. Where do you live and what was your job? The job market is horrible in Rhode Island- they just laid off 1700 state workers and every company is down- sizing. I'm lucky I even have a job.

That's too bad you're selling your amp :(
I would hate to have to part with any of my equipment. It'd be like giving away a child.

I hope everything works out for you though. good luck :)

SeeEmilyPlay wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 12:27pm

Cheers new friend! :cheers:
How are you?

grungeisdeadx wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 7:34am

and the music you like is pretty damn good too

grungeisdeadx wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 7:32am

mountaindew88 wrote on Aug 3rd, 2008 at 10:00pm :

minus Good Charlotte, you're into some badass bands!

Haha yeah only the old stuff lol

thefitz wrote on Jul 19th, 2008 5:41am

I'm totally sold on 12's, and will never use 10's in a stack again. You should make the switch yourself (just make sure you have a tweeter). Nice find on the Thumb - however I realize that the string spacing of a 5-string Warwick is too narrow and the BN's are just silly wide past the 12th fret. However, I've always wanted a fretless 6-string Thumb, pre Ovangkol. Damn that string spacing. But did you get a ridiculous deal on this one, too? And what do you think of the two bridge pickups?

I'd like to compare notes on my SWR with you, but will send a PM, since I'm sure it'll take up too much space here.

thefitz wrote on Jul 18th, 2008 6:28am

I got my SWR finally. Any new gear to report?

read previous 1 2 3 4 5 read next