monwobobbo

monwobobbo's Profile Comments

freighttrain wrote on Jul 4th, 2011 2:24pm

Had a listen to some of your stuff and although it isn't my kind of thing keep up the good work. Your best one is probably From Beyond although in some parts the bass over shadows the guitar and the lead could be brought abit more over the rhythm, but all in all a good song

freighttrain wrote on Jul 4th, 2011 6:32am

monwobobbo wrote on Jul 4th, 2011 at 1:31am :
ok i thought your stuff shows a lot of promise but needs some work. as already mentioned your timing is often off (i'm guilty of this on occasion). you need to scale back on the distortion as your tone tends to mush up and certain passages get lost in the mix. better seperation would help as well. the maidenish track was pretty good and did make me think maiden for most parts of it. the ozzy track not so much. not that the music is bad but it just didn't sound ozzy. the pinch harmonix were rather weak sounding and need some work, use some chorus to get them to stand out more ( zakk does this). your leads tend to sound like you are thinking way to hard about them so they don't flow as wel as tehy should.

Cheers. I will say in defense of both the songs that my amp at the time was a Line 6 Spider 3 which although a good amp was impossible to get a good sound on and I record with a guitar hero mic lol

Shack1212 wrote on Jun 7th, 2011 6:02am

land of the lost - skilled but ordinary/been there. Straight guitar instrumental isn't my thing though.

Tame Impala wrote on Jun 5th, 2011 7:36pm

i really like land of the unknown, kind of a trippy, hypnotizing jam vibe. reminds me a lot of stoner rock, just in the general vibe. great stuff. the only thing is the guitar is a bit off beat in a couple of places, specifically the rhythm guitar in the beginning.

man_on_the_moon wrote on May 21st, 2011 7:49pm

I like the land unknown man its really mellow :0. Makes me think of something sublime would throw together. I think the rythm guitars well done and I like the lead around starting around 3:40 especially

blkdtr wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 10:05pm

monwobobbo wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:13am :
nice selection of equipment. what no drop Z death metal, hmm... are you sure you play guitar LOL.

thanks! haha, hilarious! maybe if they made a drop z death metal 9 string guitar i'd be in...i can only find them in 8 strings......lol

TacoSaladMan wrote on May 18th, 2010 9:19pm

Hey, I listened to some of your stuff, namely "FROM BEYOND" and "curse of the mummy's tomb". I gotta say, it's not totally my cup of tea, but style aside it's good writing and playing. The lead stuff in "FROM BEYOND" was pretty cool and did a great job near the end of augmenting the rhythm rather than overwhelming it.

Spanish phrygian FTW on "curse of the mummy's tomb"; my one thought is that dropping the treble in the EQ might help with a couple moments where the melody is slightly overshadowed by how high the notes actually get. I'm not sure if that totally makes sense, but it's something I've had problems with while recording.

Thanks for the critique and keep up the great playing.

azzman1337 wrote on May 16th, 2010 5:12pm

Nice songs dude, very groovy stuff. Not my type of music but I thought it was really well done. Really like the feel of Curse of the Mummys Tomb :)

chuckmehh wrote on May 7th, 2010 3:16am

Nice stuff man; very trippy! Not necessarily my cup of tea but I can see people eating this up! Good work dude

JonDLeary wrote on May 4th, 2010 7:11pm

Hey man, thanks for the comment. I listened to all your songs. The one thing that I think you could work on is giving your songs more distinctly different parts. I feel like they are pretty much the same all the way through and it can get repetitive. maybe try dropping out the distorted guitars for parts or taking it into half time or something, I don't know I just think they could do with a little more variation to keep the listener interested and guessing at what's coming next. Hope that helps a little bit.

EddyPT wrote on May 3rd, 2010 7:29pm

curse of the mummy's tomb is really messed up, in a good way.

It's the kind of song I'd expect to hear while high on shrooms. You don't use the obvious notes in the solos, but you sound awesome. It's really nice, but it's a bit repetitive.

crabcanon wrote on May 2nd, 2010 1:14pm

Thanks for the comment!
Neat stuff, really liked lifeforce. What drum machine is this? Snare sounds nice.

monwobobboa wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 12:57am

whatever you say technicolor. i'll be more than happy to leave you alone.

TechnicolorType wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 12:35am

Do you honestly think 3 chords played over and over is good enough for standalone music? Or a synthline that just plays 4 quarter notes?
Because seriously, I hear that sort of stuff in movies and shows ALL the time.
I don't know what exactly you watch but regular films have stuff like that.
Your mummy song isn't any better at standalone since it's like 10 seconds looped for 5. At least I have different parts everywhere.

I removed your comment because it seriously should have been posted on your topic but apparently you'd like to hide that from anyone who goes to that topic.

And what Nirvana cover..?
There was one person who had an original song that was influenced by Nirvana that I commented on and I remember giving him a positive response.. so whatcha' going on about..?

Wait, are you digging through my comments and talking about what I said to someone TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO?

Seriously dude. It's 2010. What I said then has nothing to do with anything.
Leave me alone already. Go cry somewhere else.

timbit2006 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 12:07am

monwobobbo wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 8:21am :
thanx for the kind words. unfortunatly an auto pan is an option i don't have as i agree that would have been cool. it's not a synth though that was done with my guitar and a delay pedal.

What DAW do you use? If any?
You can get tons of free VST plug-ins from the web. I'm sure there's an auto-pan or Rotary one.

timbit2006 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2010 4:55am

From Beyond was very cool.
I loved the Synth. What I think it could use, is an auto-pan from left to right, so it feels like it's jumping out at you.
The riffs are wonderful also. I like the vibe to it.
One part in it, I felt got a bit muddled, it's aroun 1:90 I think.

pitobodies wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 9:18pm

thanks for the comment on one of my songs. I love your solos. they have this sweet jazz edge to them. I liked project 7 and from beyond.

rei234 wrote on Apr 18th, 2010 6:41am

I listened to from beyond and it wasn't bad. it was really repetitive and the lead part didn't keep my attention but it had a good feel about it. i really would like to thank you for listening to my other songs instead of just bashing that one.

infamyband wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 5:26pm

Thanks for your comments on our tracks! No complaints really, all sounds good. Only slight edits would be making your guitar solo more interesting as the whole thing is an intrumental. Not a harder guitar solo, just more melody in it to take the vocals spot. Very good backing tracks though!

silvadolla wrote on Apr 12th, 2010 4:42pm

Hey dude thanks for check out my track, I checked out From Beyond and Curse of the Mummy's Tomb.
I noticed that you like to use similar riffs throughout the song, it feels very trance-like. The tempo of both songs feels a BIT
slow for my taste, but I think that's what you were going for. At the same time, the backing track of both songs sounded very cool and funky, and the drumtracks complemented the riffing. Nice job, dude

1 2 read next