metallicafan616

metallicafan616's Profile Comments

Z_cup_boy wrote on Jun 24th, 2011 1:20pm

YOU LIKE ULVER

nincompoop wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 8:08am

Let me guess, you registered as "metallicafan" while a Metallica fan, but then later started to dislike it?

Ratchet27 wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 7:06am

Hey, I posted new material! Can you give it a critical listen?

Rotting Christ wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 7:15pm

Hey man whats up

Keth wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 2:18pm

Haha, yeah, that would be awesome!

Mumbo Jumbo wrote on Aug 7th, 2010 3:10am

Hey man I saw in a thread that you are trying to learn Bokmal and I was just wondering what resources you were using because I'm trying to learn it and all i have are some tapes i downloaded and i want to be able to read it (although I hear Nynorsk is becoming more popular)

Ratchet27 wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 1:12am

metallicafan616 wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 at 12:57pm :
If you happen to have any, that would be great!

Sweet! What's Your email?
Mine is flying02less@yahoo.com

Ratchet27 wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 6:55pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 at 8:15am :
It's not bad to record it in one take but it meant I didn't notice a mistake in how i was recording - so it sounds muffled. This could have been solved byy listening to the first recording, thinking 'this sounds muffled' and checking the settings on the pod.

If you want I could send you a preliminary midi folder when it's finished but unrecorded?

I got ya. I am used to Tracktion so I generally know how to get the better tones out of everything, but my mic doesn't have any settings excpet volume.

Sure man! That would be great! :)
Want any midi's from my end?

Ratchet27 wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 4:23pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 at 12:14am :
It's so bad because I can't record a bass to it, so it lacks there and sounds trebly, because I generally hadn't figured out how to record properly until that most recent recording I sent you and for that one I accidentally recorded all five tracks (rhythm left + right, lead left + right, solo) ,in one take btw, with the pod set to amp so it sounded a bit muffled and undistorted haha.

I will record the demo over the summer holidays, so I've got a few weeks to write atleast a third song for it :
Sweet! Although, why is it bad to record everything in one take???

Can't wait for that demo! :D What is a pod???

Ratchet27 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2010 10:40pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2010 at 10:49am :
Thanks, and also thanks for the comments on the 15 minute song. Granted, I've removed about 3 minutes of that one because they sounded pedantic...and were copied from previous songs of mine too :

I've wrote about two songs now that I'm proud of, about 16 minutes of music which I guess I will eventually put on a demo.

Strangely, all the music I play along too is in either E, Eb or D standard, yet the music I write is in C standard which I don't seem to understand haha.

:D I understand man! :) I write in D standard and play along to E standard!
D standard is my favorite tuning. So why is your recording quality so repressed? still using an mp3 player to record???

And I want to hear this demo! XD

Ratchet27 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2010 6:13pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jul 1st, 2010 at 1:50pm :
When the drums first came in on that song the first bars weren't 4/4 they were sometihng ridiculous like 13/8 so that it fit properly for the first few bars. The nit was 7/8 and syncopated 9/8 like you said for the really technical part. (syncopated 5/8 4/8 twice then 3/4 3/8 IIRC) After that it's just more 4/4.

Currently, all the songs on my profile were from when I just started writing and recording so it's all pretty poor stuff. Plus I've improved my technique tenfold too, I can bend properly haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZAgN5SYQM is a cover that was performed slightly better if you want to comment on that

I can hear the improvement in your technique! :) I also must say that that is an excellent cover despite the recording quality! :D

Ratchet27 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2010 1:38am

metallicafan616 wrote on Jul 1st, 2010 at 1:50pm :

Alright... Sounds complicated! XD Well, I was close in SOME parts... Now I need to write something complicated in the vain hope of coming close to your crazy time screw! :)
Other than that, I have to say I liked the 2 part neoclassical youtube song.

Ratchet27 wrote on Jun 28th, 2010 4:52pm

True enough. Then again, they defend politicians we voted in... And we know the politicians are guilty too... X(
I know man! Have you listened to Demon's Dance on my page? Picture a boss battle with that! :D
Money is always good. Giving it to good charity is even better. I just fear giving money to charity. You give them money, they give it to the downtrodden countries, and their government says "Thanks!" and the people never see a penny of it... (*In some cases) I know Norway is up there next to Sweden and such, do they have good metal there? :XD:
Yeah, I am going to college to be an electronic engineer. I already know basic stuff like Ohms Law and what just about every simple component is and does, but I want to be the guy that comes in with a schematic, has somebody build it, then test it. That would be great! Who knows? In the future you might play through a RatCave Analog Effects Processor! :D

Ratchet27 wrote on Jun 28th, 2010 12:50am

Nice. Yeah, I despise lawyers, but I also have a healthy respect for them as well. No all of them are evil creatures of the Underworld, some actually have some positive goal in mind... And then they don't make any money. :/

Yup, I want to major in Engineering and Music. If I could get a job writing music for video games, I would be in heaven. Engineering is the only other thing I can actually enjoy, and if all works out, I might be designing the next Boss or Digitech pedal! :headbang:

Surgeon? Pretty cool. Those guys don't get paid enough! (100,000 bucks is not enough for literally holding a young person's heart in your hands)

Ratchet27 wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 11:41pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:05am :
By study I hope you don't mean in University? It seems like a huge waste of time to me. If you mean just study in free time, like myself and a Norwegian language, then good luck and have fun!

But, avoiding Tories is usually a step in the right direction :

Oh hell no man. I think I would shoot someone if I had to learn about law in school. I just want to no that the people I see on TV don't have skeletons the size of mars in their closet... XD

No I'm going for Engineering. $50,000 starting pay on average. :D

Ratchet27 wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 5:47pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 at 10:03am :
Yeah, I agree with you there - I know I'm pretty liberal but hate the idea of liberal economics. Hell, I think it's why when asked there political views people will say 'I'm not a capitalist' or 'I'm not a liberal', defining themselves by what there not rather than what they are because nothing fits everyone perfectly and when it does nearly fit they are too afraid of ridicule for saying the truth.

If only humans had a better method of communication than words haha!

XD Irony. I'm going to start studying politics and political systems for the sole purpose of makeing sure I can cast my vote in a direction that won't send us over the edge of a cliff.

sfaune92 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2010 5:00pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2010 at 5:20pm :
Thanks, that was really encouraging. I might start learning after exam week finishes.

If you have any questions about it, then don't hesitate to ask me for help!

sfaune92 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2010 7:11pm

Also, by 'worker ant' I mean that people were just moved where they were needed, wheter or not they want to. Like it woked in Sovjet Russia - and still in China.

sfaune92 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2010 3:31pm

metallicafan616 wrote on Jun 21st, 2010 at 11:22pm :
Coincidentally, I think of Norway - where I plan to move after University - too when I hear socialism haha.

I'm presuming by worker ant you actually mean everyone chips in for the improvement of society rather than the literal analogy of being forced to work for the queen/dictator?

On a somewhat related note, how hard do you think Norwegian would be to learn? I plan to start learning the basics next year and take a holiday there after A levels to try and improve. I'd probably need a few holidays there before actually moving though :

In addition, I think you will find this article interesting: http://www.pagef30.com/2008/08/why-norwegian-is-ea siest-language-for.html

1 2 3 4 read next