matt-gilchrist

matt-gilchrist's Profile Comments

MattsRichardson wrote on May 18th, 2011 5:11pm

matt-gilchrist wrote on May 17th, 2011 at 7:03am :
just happened to stumble across your profile again for some reason and i absolutely love 'do you want to see the world?' you're recordings are incredibly crisp and you've got the instruments just right!! and you have a sick voice too

nice work man!

Thanks man, that seriously means a lot! especially since I've been in a musical slump the past few weeks or so. So its seriously great to hear that. :D

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 11:37pm

matt-gilchrist wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 6:22pm :
thank you for listening i was desperate for somebody to respond after working for so long on it ahah.
and yeah i think i got it sorted now

haha, sure thing. yeah it sounded much less fizzy and stuff. :)

TechnicolorType wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 9:56pm

matt-gilchrist wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 2:27pm :
supppp i remembered you liked my music! soo if ye have any spare time i wonder if you might like to listen to a new one 8) http://soundcloud.com/matthew-gilchrist/2011-1

sorry if im being annoying

awesome. sounds like you fixed the guitar tone issue too

TechnicolorType wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 3:30am

matt-gilchrist wrote on Jan 18th, 2011 at 10:29pm :
i remember you! ahaha!

aw thats so sweet of you im really glad you like them! thank you for looking for me 8) and for the comments on the songs too, the first ones! whooo ;D

cheeeeeersss

haha sure thing. ;p
you still needa' fix that rhythm guitar tone on matchbox so it can be perfeeection. lol

TechnicolorType wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 3:07am

I don't want to sound obsessive, but I went out of my way to find your profile again from when I left a critique on one of your threads, so I could hear your matchbox song again.

glad I found it.
love your tracks.

MattsRichardson wrote on Dec 31st, 2010 4:08pm

Hey man,
I'm just as confused as you are how I managed to get to your page but anyways I digress.
I checked out both of your songs, which are both really awesome I must say. But I was wondering how you recorded the strings/cello on 'Matchbox?' Is it actually recorded or sampled through some program?

Cheers
Oh and excellent choice on your first name, just sayin.

TechnicolorType wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 11:47am

matt-gilchrist wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 12:14am :
all of your music is awesome! you have such a good ear for it great mixes too, which DAW do you use? and what kinda recording equipment do you work with? i love torn from home, great beat and the way it builds with different parts coming in and out is nice too. gooood jobbbbbb

thanksssss. I use a few. I use Reaper for recording, FL Studio for programming drums, and Adobe Audition for mixing.
I made a list of recording equipment for someone a bit ago, but it's mostly just different pre-amps into a tascam da-38.

TechnicolorType wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 1:04am

thank you! :]

l3xbi wrote on Oct 24th, 2010 12:21pm

No worries dude, give us a shout if you want more crit, and subscribe to the mailing list/youtube channel, more to come every week :)

Joe