martywalsh

martywalsh's Profile Comments

Thefallofman wrote on Dec 13th, 2007 2:22pm

I actually saw Aussie Floyd a couple weeks ago! Musically and visually, they are stunning, but some of the vocals aren't all the way there, but I'm probably just nitpicking. Amazing, amazing show. Their Comfortably Numb was so incredible... the whole show was really. I can't wait to see them again.

Thefallofman wrote on Dec 7th, 2007 6:19pm

www.gilmourish.com and www.tonefromheaven.com will become your Bible if you're serious about Floyd tones. But honestly I'd steer from most multi-effects, except maybe a Boss something-or-other, but even then you'd still have to buy a couple pedals to get a really authentic tone.

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 13th, 2007 8:43pm

The Tide Is Turning is one of my favorites of his, a nice ray of hope from Dr. Gloom, hahaha. I can't really speak for the rest of Radio KAOS though. It's the only Waters album I don't have yet. The KAOS songs on Flickering Flame I like a lot though... except Radio Waves.

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 9th, 2007 4:03pm

I forgot all about Lost Boys Calling, yeah the version on the Legend Of 1900 Soundtrack is amazing. That's a really good movie, too.

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 7th, 2007 6:20pm

I enjoy both of them equally I think... Dave's my favorite guitarist, I try my hardest to get his tone. It's a bit of a obsession. I do think that Roger, from a songwriting aspect is definitely up there with anyone, and Amused To Death has to be the best Floyd solo album. I'd love a new album... his new stuff is incredible. Leaving Beirut, Each Small Candle, Flickering Flame. Pure brilliance.

Thefallofman wrote on Nov 1st, 2007 1:55am

Okay, I saw the great Leaving Beirut chords you posted, and then clicked on your profile wondering if you'd done any other tabs. After seeing your picture, I decided I had to add you... that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time, hahahahahahaha.