lunaticfringe93

lunaticfringe93's Profile Comments

Jake900210 wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 12:50am

Working on a band photo for your other band. A photo-somewhat cartoon-ish one. To say the least, basically just one that isn't a picture, so things like T-shirts, etc? It could be on all that and look bad ass and stuffz.

gumbigirl wrote on Feb 8th, 2010 9:26pm

hey whats good u still need a singer? we havent really talked in a while

Jake900210 wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 3:28pm

Yo, I updated the band logo on our page. Its a lot better then the one before, I changed the color of the font to a green-ish one like James wanted but its still pretty simple, gonna be working on an even better one now that I've upgraded a shit load of fonts and got better at this.

Oddsbodkins wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 6:23pm

No problem man, sorry it took me so long to get back to you in return. Yeah ideally I would like one of the classic Destroyer IIs or something, but I've watching out for them on the internet for a couple of years and they seem fairly scarce here in the UK. I'll keep looking, but if I don't find I one I like soon I may well plump for the DTT700. I'll mainly be playing classic rock/ classic heavy metal but maybe some heavier stuff as well, so the diactivators could come in useful. Noted about the trem, I'll watch out for that.

At any rate, thanks very much for your advice, I hope it doesn't sound from what I've written above that I'm just disregarding it, it gave me a lot to consider.

Cheers
Dan

Oddsbodkins wrote on Oct 18th, 2009 1:16am

Hey man, I was thinking about buying one of the Ibanez Destroyers, the DTT700, and browsing through the forums I saw you said the new Destroyers suck. Can you elaborate? I don't want to spend 600 on a piece of junk, so I would really appreciate your advice.

Cheers.

gumbigirl wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 11:30pm

yup, so just send me a text or somethin whenever you get the chance

gumbigirl wrote on Sep 16th, 2009 1:43am

lunaticfringe93 wrote on Sep 4th, 2009 at 9:33pm :
Would you happen to have an AIM screen name that you use so we can discuss more about the band quicker.

yesss. i am trying very hard to figure this all out with my busy schedule, but things will definetley be clearing up soon so we will be able to find time to practice.

my sn is xsophaaaaax

but im hardly on aim, so the best way to reach me is definetley by texting or calling.

(603) 617 0616

gumbigirl wrote on Sep 3rd, 2009 1:14am

lunaticfringe93 wrote on Sep 1st, 2009 at 6:46pm :
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. There's a kid in town that we asked to be singer, but he's not giving us a solid answer, so if you're down here a lot we'd love to give you a shot at some point. We actually are looking for someone with a higher register, my voice is super bassy so I could fill in the lower end if need be, and things would definitely sound better with a rhythm guitarist. We're excited to have a singer aboard and I hope to hear from you soon. I'll start checking my profile more often

sweet! that sounds great, thank you so much. so, just a few clarifications. what are some songs youd like me to start practicing? a list would be fine, and also would you like an audition of some sort?

i will figure out when i can get down there as soon as possible, but in the meantime id like to start warming up.

thanks!

gumbigirl wrote on Aug 21st, 2009 2:27am

hey, so that sounds cool and about the commute im not too sure but we're constantly in boston so i cant see it as too much of an issue.

& as far as the vocals go, i was a pretty strong singer last year but lost it due to a few things, but ill be able to get my voice back with enough practice. im very much a soprano, with difficulties singer lower but none at all with high notes and whatnot. so i generally sing above the octave for most songs if thats ok with you guys.

& if you need a rhythm guitarist, ill be fine with that as well.
so get back to me and ill guess we will seeee

Jake900210 wrote on Aug 18th, 2009 1:47pm

Add you, and I'll try to work on a better logo, I made that on in like 5 minutes.

I'm actually pretty good at drawing on computers and editing and what not.

Jake900210 wrote on Aug 18th, 2009 1:44pm

I made our band profile a while ago just so no one else could take it. :P

I'm still trying to figure out how to add you on it, I'll get it though.

Junnage wrote on May 6th, 2009 2:04am

damn that sounds like the best night in the world! I'm so jealous!!!! and thanks for the bands. I'll definitely check them out. I hate it when people only know Cult of Personality. It's a great song and everything, but all of their songs are incredible. I honestly can't name a song on Vivid that I don't like. Every song is just so fucking awesome. I actually met Vernon Reid in a guitar shop in Staten Island, New York City before. I was so stunned I almost wet myself.

Junnage wrote on May 5th, 2009 2:50am

Holy shit man! I got really fucking lucky and was about to pick up a '58 for $2000. ONLY $2000 I FEEL SO FUCKING LUCKY! I've had incredible luck with gear and I got a Marshall Bluesbreaker for $1000!

I completely agree that the '58 is superior to the '59. No one agrees with me except for Warren Haynes (uses a '58!!!!) and now you! I'll so definitely hit you up bro.

Rock Pig wrote on May 4th, 2009 7:18pm

lunaticfringe93 wrote on May 1st, 2009 at 10:47pm :

Here's the situation with that epi spotlight. The tone is way too fucking bright. The top is so thick that the body is about 50% maple. The neck through construction makes it brighter, and the ebanol fretboard makes it even brighter. Will a pearly gates sound bright and harsh with it? because that's what I'm trying to get away from

Well, sorry to be replying late - didn't realise you'd posted.
How much money do you want to be spending?
A DiMarzio Breed should warm it up quite nicely. A Bare Knuckle Holy Diver could probably do the same thing but better.
I suggest you consult CorduroyEW - he could custom wind you the perfect pickup for your guitar and needs, at a very reasonable price.

AngryGoldfish wrote on Apr 16th, 2009 4:51pm

Where do you reckon we should start with that group of yours?

minchew wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 10:27pm

lunaticfringe93 wrote on Apr 11th, 2009 at 9:20pm :

Thank you for joining my passive pickup alliance. I don't feel like such a loser now that someone else has joined. Hopefull when more people join I'll expand the thing

yeah no problem. I never really got into active pickups. They always seem to let me down when I need them most... as in right before a show.

raoulsanchez wrote on Apr 5th, 2009 5:34pm

if you look under their name on the post theres a little box with an exclamation point in it.. thats how you report people.have fun !

invision2212 wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 9:39pm

lunaticfringe93 wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 at 7:32pm :

Oh sorry about that, I suck at subtleties, that spotlight definately ain't goin I recently put a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge. The tone on that guitar isn't astounding, but its unlike any other tone I've ever heard and that's why I'm afraid to give it up. Keep lookin for one I got mine used off of Craigslist from a guy in Davis Square.

i just really like the look of the guitar and you can always play with different pickups to alter the tone like you did, you should try a Gibson 490T in the bridge if you ever get sick of the tone, i think im just going to bite the bullet and save up for the american PRS i was looking at but at 2200.00 thats gonna take some time.

invision2212 wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 9:48pm

lunaticfringe93 wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 at 7:43pm :

I don't plan on selling my spotlight, but did you get that PRS from a guy named scot in winthrop?

i did answer you below :)

invision2212 wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 3:24am

i am mega jealous of that Epiphone spot light , let me know when your ready to give it up i live 20min away :)

1 2 3 read next