lilboisX3

lilboisX3's Profile Comments

lilboisX3a wrote on Jun 16th, 2009 3:29pm

Orion999 wrote on May 1st, 2009 at 2:51pm :

Black metal is, by and large, garbage

Your opinion might have been more valid if at any point in a conversation about metal music you knew what you were talking about.

Orion999 wrote on May 1st, 2009 7:51pm

lilboisX3 wrote on Apr 21st, 2009 at 1:34pm :

I think the music Pantera made is incredibly boring. That's my opinion but there was plenty of more engaging and more talented bands putting out work the same time they existed.

Have you listened to the Sound of Perseverance album? come back and tell me it's garbage.

The statement made by you saying how metal was in a slump during the 90's proves to me that you really don't know what you are talking about. The Black Metal scene which is huge now took precidence in the 90's. Death Metal was also getting larger in the 90's.

Black metal is, by and large, garbage

Orion999 wrote on Mar 9th, 2009 6:00am

I am growing weary of your pretentious attitude. You know nothing of my musical knowledge, and yet presume to judge the validity of my reasoning. You are entitled to disagree with my opnions, but if you keep attempting to bolster your own views by taking shots at my supposed shallow depth of knowledge, you'll find yourself falling on deaf ears. I'm unimpressed by such hollow tactics. If you want to have a real discussion, then say something relevant and thought-provoked. Thus far you have failed to say almost anything of substance. Criticism without alternative theory and suggestion is the mark of a lazy, unconfident mal-content. Are you this person? I don't know. I wouldn't presume to judge, but everything you have said reflects that very image upon you. Think about that.

Corey Taylor might suck live, I don't know.
Except for Opeth, the bands you suggested, I personally consider garbage.

Pantera is a sick band; I think you're totally off the reservation if you can't see how sick they are.

Orion999 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2008 1:02am

lilboisX3 wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:05pm :

Consider how bland their music is. Their live show is outright pathetic. They are overly pretentious and are "paving" a 5 lane freeway with carpool lanes and a fast track. If you catch my analogy.

The riffs (since this is a guitar website) are boring. They provide nothing entertaining and nothing which haden't been done ten years before they came around except use a DJ.

Your analogy is well taken. Like I said I don't love them. I actually agree with what you say. I do like their intensity, however, and I do think Corey Taylor has a decent voice. I myself would dispense with the theatrics. I give them some credit though, because I think they have helped to bring Metal back from the slump it was in throughout the 90's post-Far Beyond Driven. I personally think that the Blackening is a better record than any of Slipknot's, but I'd take any of Slipknot's over anything from Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc.

Orion999 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 7:38am

lilboisX3 wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 at 9:17pm :

A quick browse at your profile tells me you really don't have an idea where metal has gone. I think you'd be surprised the stuff that was around in the 80's when metallica was at their peak.

A quick browse of my profile wouldn't give you adequate information to make that assessment. I am always looking to expand my horizons, however, so I'll look into your recommendations. What do you find so horrible about Slipknot out of curiosity? I don't love them, but I don't think they're terrible either.

lilboisX3a wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 2:15am

Metallica did what they did. They made 4 decent albums. I'm curious as to how much music you actually listen to if you think that no other band is progressive fast and heavier. Which in reality doesn't even speak to the quality of the music. But in regards to the genre of metal, metallica have been passed up. I have named bands which outdue metallica in every aspect. I will do so again just to refresh you.

Opeth
Death
Nile
Atheist
Cynic
Carcass

and thats only a handful of mainstream bands.

Now most of everyone on this website has the IQ of a walnut so I don't come on that much anymore. But Lamb of God is pretty generic overall, I say this because their songs truly sound the same. I won't touch Slipknot because they are truly horrible.

Now that Death Magnetic is out and I have heard it, there is some good songs and some terrible songs. Too few good songs to warrant owning the album. But that's my opinion. Its nothing I haven't heard from them before.

Orion999 wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 10:15pm

Hey man, probably easier to just contact you directly then try to sift through all the comments on the article...

In regard to your response to my comment: look man. You come off as very dismissive and pessimistic. You discard shit out of hand without really thinking about it. I wasn't attacking you, or your taste in music; I was trying to civilly debate with you and defend an alternate view point. I wasn't intending to take anything away from Slipknot or LoG- the former I think are talented if a little over theatric and the latter aren't terrible either. I am actually interested in the bands you refer to, however. When you say Metallica is far surpassed it surprises me because I can't say I agree. I think there are bands that are heavier, OR more progressive, OR faster, OR more mainstream, Or whatever...but I don't think anyone pulls the whole package together quite as well. So I'm interested to see what your take on things is.

srvflood wrote on Jul 18th, 2008 11:35pm

What do you fuck little boys? Fuck you, you pervert.

[x]Huffy[x] wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 8:53pm

You're a fucking idiot.

selkies wrote on May 2nd, 2008 4:59am

looks like u annoy lots of ppl with your ignorance and annoyance add me to the list of ppl that hate u

W.h.o.r.EGuitar wrote on Nov 28th, 2007 1:14pm

dude you have said some ignorant shit on this site...
grow up little boy

telec77smb wrote on Oct 29th, 2007 8:46pm

so i noticed ur name sounds just like "little boys"

haha i bet you kiss little boys

fag