libertines4ever

libertines4ever's Profile Comments

tukk04 wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 12:03am

Thanks for checking out my new song; you hit the nail on the head, I'm aiming for a sound somewhere between Roman Candle and Either/Or on the album I'm making. I was getting sick of recording to a DAW so I've been using a little red fostex digital 8 track to record and just bringing it into reaper to make editing easier. Just a limiter and EQ to mix, no reverb just the actual room ambiance. Having only 8 tracks is such a freeing feeling.

greendaypunkrox wrote on Jan 7th, 2013 11:53pm

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:02pm :
hey I gave your cover a listen (words I might have ate), UG is a treasure box of my teenage years as well somehow, do you still like green day? just asking, you're not supposed to stop liking them after a few years, I'm actually quite interested in their upcoming trilogy of albums

Heyy, thanks! :D I must say, All of my covers I did a LONG TIME AGO xDD That was when I was just starting, I am a hell of a lot better now and I write a lot of things on my own, and Im in a band, we are doing really well and are playing a show this Sunday, I'm so stoked!! :D
Ohhh YESS!! Hahaha, I still love Green Day, maybe not as much as I used too, but they are still near and dear to my heart. I love Uno, Dos, and Tre<3(:

tukk04 wrote on Nov 10th, 2012 2:36am

libertines4ever wrote on Nov 9th, 2012 at 10:44am :
nice to see some songs, my UG widget would be a bit boring I'm not extremely into Nirvana, but I guess I'm not from Seattle either I'm covering About a Girl at the moment with my drummer

Yeah, I finally got to putting up songs. I took a pretty long break from ug but I'm back on and I have a regularly practicing band together now, so I'll have that and some solo stuff up periodically. Good to see you now that I'm back! :)

robbie.thecloud wrote on Oct 21st, 2012 9:14pm

libertines4ever wrote on Oct 21st, 2012 at 8:22pm :
nothing much, must've seen you on some thread, I actually got a crybaby wah for my 17th birthday as well haha
yea those things are awesome!!! i dont really use it alot but when i do its a big help

robbie.thecloud wrote on Oct 20th, 2012 10:24pm

hey bwhats up?

Avrill wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 10:20am

Better take your time and do it right than rush it
hehe you should see my band, we all suck xD it's just a matter of how you play it out.

Well, just always learn your lessons and you'll be fine in the end. That's what they always tell us, don't know if it's true though, never tried it xD

I still can't play the G chord on a classical guitar because the neck is too thick. There, I said it.
Horrible place. They're all so obsessed with healthy food, we had to smuggle sweets from Sweden to have something good to eat xD

Avrill wrote on Sep 4th, 2012 7:34pm

On a beach, that's even more romantic xD Haha, you didn't tell her that, did you?
Oh well, that sucks. That doesn't really sound like a good rehearsal room to me xD

I finally got a (real) band together. Our original singer didn't turn up at rehearsals and our drummer left right before our first gig - my fault actually xD - so I had to replace him and we found a new singer. Two weeks ago we finally found a new drummer too, who isn't a complete loser like the previous one. We also found a possible rehearsal room, but it's really big and noisy so there's still work on that.

Other than that, I went to Hamburg and Denmark (don't ever go there, it's a terrible place)

Avrill wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 7:17pm

libertines4ever wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:17pm :
thanks, beards are making a comeback though
http://kurier.at/freizeit/style/4503263-gesichtsbe haarung-oben-nicht-ohne.php

23 beard pictures of the hollywood stars :P haha, you understand german so there should be no problem with this article

they all look pretty bad to be honest xD should have put Johnny Depp and Zac Efron in it, at least they look good with a beard. Even with eyliner xD

simple_guitar wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 7:25am

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 4:48pm :
so are you going to see this film with charlotte gainsbourg and pete doherty starring? I read that you like charlotte gainsbourg .. at least her music, oh and alice in wonderland is lovely my father read it to me when I was a kid

Charlotte played in some heavy stuff, I haven't seen most of her movies. I saw the one she did with Fabrice Luchini, though. What's the movie with Pete Doherty called? I know, I've been living i a cave...
Oh and Alice in Wonderland is amazing. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I did some illustrations for it in my spare time (class) and I found the other day that I had done some when I was six too. One doesn't change that much...

Avrill wrote on Jul 10th, 2012 8:06pm

libertines4ever wrote on Jul 7th, 2012 at 7:21pm :
almost I've got relatively long hair, no beard yet though and I'll probably be in shoes haha :P

lol best to keep it that way, I don't find sandals very flattering and, unless you really have a babyface, I wouldn't go for the beard either xD
anyway, good luck with your cafe performances :)

Avrill wrote on Jul 4th, 2012 9:20pm

libertines4ever wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 7:16pm :
oh exams well...... I'm going to Crete and to my relatives in England, sadly Amsterdam with the houses canals and museums doesn't work out, I don't care for the drugs xD
I'll probably play covers in a little bar at the sea in a tiny tiny village, with my acoustic

don't worry, you have houses, canals and museums everywhere ;) I'd love to go to Amsterdam someday too, but the train connection is pretty bad and it's kind of ridiculous to go by plane.
that sounds really romantic xD now I'm imagining some guy on sandals with long hair and a beard

Avrill wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 8:26am

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:21pm :
hey I just bought a Takamine (acoustic) and plugged it into the amp and it was epic, it's small and it's got a really warm sound for 300 euros, have you ever plugged an acoustic into an amp? I'm giving guitar lessons from next week onwards, my second student this time for money cause she's not a close friend and it's great to have so much free time now, what are your plans for the summer?

I don't have an acoustic-electric, but our guitar player had an Ovation, which sounded like an electric guitar when you plugged it in.
Pretty cool that you can make money like that, sounds fun (unless she's hopeless)
I've got 9 exams in august so I'll be studying this summer xD and I'm doing a tour of western germany on my birthday and then I'm in Denmark for a week or so
wbu?

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:21pm :
and have you bought your telecaster yet? :-)

nay, I'm going to wait a while, but I will replace the pickups of the les paul

Avrill wrote on Jun 10th, 2012 11:58am

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 at 5:44pm :
I mainly like the look of it but it does well for so called indie music and funk (red hot chili peppers) and jazz maybe as well, next guitar I'm gonna buy is probably epiphone casino, but I'm not an expert in how guitars sound like

haha that sound like me and my les paul. I only like to play it because the colour suits with all my clothes xD I've been thinking about swapping my strat for a telecaster. I mean, I love my strat, it plays and sounds great, but it always lets me down right before gigs.
Our guitar player has an epiphone casino, I think it has a great sound, but I find it a bit too big. But I wouldn't take that as a reference, since I'm not that tall

Avrill wrote on Jun 9th, 2012 7:54am

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:51pm :
father tongue :P I don't like skiing, I like the skiing part of skiing but not the hassle of putting the shoes on carrying the skis around putting several layers of pullovers on putting creme in my face, putting the helmet on.. you get the picture

yeah, I only went skiing once so I don't really remember xD
hey, I saw you own a telecaster, I'm thinking of buying one, how does it play?

Avrill wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 4:04pm

libertines4ever wrote on Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:40pm :
well my very first song was when I was eight I was skiing and it wasn't snowing so I wrote "we want sth white and we want sth cold, this winter doesn't do what it's told" that's its chorus, I never put music to it; the normal german word is tomate, the austrian oldfashioned word is paradeiser

you don't seem to have lot of snow over there in Austria xD I remember going skiing in Austria when it was like 15C
anyways, English is your mother tongue? 'cause that's actually a quite good line for an 8-year old :p
paradeiser, that sounds like some kind of bird lol but thanks, I saw it in German class, but I'm afraid my notes lie somewhere the sun don't shine *shame shame*

Avrill wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 6:20pm

libertines4ever wrote on May 28th, 2012 at 9:00pm :
well I randomly sung words and they led to the lyrics, it kickstarted with one line and later I found out it describes the main character of catcher in the rye pretty well, I'm not a lyrical genius, but the lyrics are better than what I wrote in my first eight months, I'm only writing songs since april 2011

it's pretty cool when you're able to write a song that way, then the words will go better with the music I think
I wrote my first song when I was 14 or something (it's the song 'Dreamer' on my band profile)
btw, you're Austrian, right? I kind of have a weird question for you:
Could you tell me the Austrian word for tomato? I've been thinking about it for two weeks now but I always fail to remember xD

Avrill wrote on May 28th, 2012 11:58am

libertines4ever wrote on May 27th, 2012 at 9:12pm :
it's the contrast between the happy theme and the sad lyrics that makes it, like in the strokes song someday, it's gonna have a standard beat probably nothing complicated, so what are you actually doing jobwise, if I'm allowed to ask, ... apart from daydreaming? I read that you quit school or sth and were bored due to that..

Interesting, so what are the lyrics about?
lol I never quit school, I just quit going to french class, because I hate french ;) now and then I do student jobs to get some money

Avrill wrote on May 27th, 2012 8:59pm

libertines4ever wrote on May 27th, 2012 at 7:34pm :
so on tears and birds you used autotune? wtf ...... yeah books are nice, I've got to read a lot more to seek inspiration from them and learn new words and so on, I kinda started reading last christmas xD
my friend said it's fine so I'm putting it up, I played guitar and my songs with him three times this week actually, he's getting better yeah and the most memorable part is probably the verse, musically it's quite weird it'll be interesting to see how it ends up with lots of instruments..

xD lol autotune has become a dirty word these days. Yeah I think I used some of it in that song, but you can't really hear it, only when you pay attention to it
I quit reading books, they depress me xD
I listened to your song, it's pretty good :) I hope you have a good drummer, 'cause it's going to be challenging to find a good beat for it :p it kind of reminds me of a sunny day :) I would definitely keep the acoustic guitar

Avrill wrote on May 27th, 2012 4:29pm

libertines4ever wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 11:52am :
but your singing voice is good, I think yeah I gave the song a listen, don't know what to think, lyrics about love once again if I remember correctly, I think I'll have to rewrite my song another 1000 times till it's right, but at least I've got my friend to help me, I'll see what I'll do on friday when I see him... maybe I'll just record the verse on its own and upload that

yeah sometimes I do sound okay with lots of autotune, but mostly not haha
it's about some fantasy book, but I guess we should change the lyrics a little bit
a song is never finished imo, but it's okay as long as it sounds good. The good ideas never come when you're waiting for them anyway
so what did you do?

Avrill wrote on May 19th, 2012 5:53pm

libertines4ever wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 8:37pm :
hey it's me again, At The Drive-In blew my mind on second listen, love their two guitars and for once don't mind any screaming I finally managed a good or reasonable chorus for my third song so I'll uploaded soonish or at least sooner than with the bad chorus I had before, how are your songs doing?

yeah, they're pretty good, I heard they will be doing a reunion tour this year =D
a song is only as good as its chorus :p can't wait to hear it ;)
erm.. well my sister has written this emo song, you can have a listen if you like (don't mind the vocals, she can't sing) https://www.dropbox.com/s/nefrtnh9r2lefcn/Fallen%2 0Angel%20%28versie%202%29.mp3
as for my own songs, our vocalist quit the band so I'll have to stick with the instrumentals for a while

1 2 3 4 5 read next