leondb

leondb's Profile Comments

Wicked Rose wrote on Jun 4th, 2011 10:43am

haha, you got the white vinyl version of the Akita as well. I kind'a wish I'd gotten the dark wood finish, but hey, it's a damn fine amp.

Wicked Rose wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 10:14am

haha, no worries man. I personally use it for whatever it needs, mind, I've been using it as a bedroom amp as well, so my crunch box dist. comes in handy there.

Wicked Rose wrote on Jun 24th, 2009 9:43am

ah, ya' damned copy cat. haha. looks pretty good man. I mean, for the price and all, that is one fine sounding amp ain't it?

TimBFMV wrote on Jun 15th, 2009 2:39pm

leondb wrote on Jun 15th, 2009 at 7:13am :

Good man! You got some good tone from your amp!

Thanks! Yeah, i think that amp is a pretty good deal for the money. Good tone out of it, considering it is solid state.

TimBFMV wrote on Jun 14th, 2009 7:41pm

Hey Man, hows you

Kevin Saale wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 9:08pm

leondb wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:05am :

Hey Kev, for your Series/Parallel test, how'd you do it? What speakers? Thx man!

It was the same speaker, the clip was to show the difference between the pickups in series with each other and the pickups in parallel with each other.

destinzock wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 3:14pm

leondb wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 1:09am :

Whatup yo!

wassuup! man

haha

i'm just chillin

Wicked Rose wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 11:34am

leondb wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 at 3:58am :

I read about them in a few issues of GW months back. I was searching for something else in some posts yesterday when I saw your post. That got me to looking at their website and looking for reviews and videos. A local shop carries them so I may venture off for a testing some time this week. Just a test. If I like it, I'll probably look online to purchase, because that shop marks up big time! I'm considering the AT30 as well, as the 20 doesn't have a footswitch jack. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I still need to hear it myself! lol

Thanks for the add btw!
no problem man. and yeah, that's always for the best. but I mean, for that price range, a tube amp that sounds quite good for what I use it for, I was well pleased. High gain isn't possible without a distortion pedal just so you know. I run a crunch box through it and it gets me the sounds I want. (asides my jazz crap, in which case I just rely on the amps dist.)

Wicked Rose wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 3:15am

haha, thanks for the add man. I'm glad at least one person has read them :P

bede86 wrote on May 3rd, 2009 2:29pm

leondb wrote on May 3rd, 2009 at 7:16pm :

Oh so you did get the J&H. Awesome. You liking it?

Its more than awesome...its made my playing improve ten fold. Because i was so dissapointed with my sound before this pedal i was becomming dissolusioned with my hot rod deluxe :P

fEr_0h wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 8:38pm

leondb wrote on Apr 18th, 2009 at 2:25am :

For metal tones, you should get a metal amp, like a Peavey 6505 112 or B-52 AT112, or get some pedals. Have you checked out the Kustom Coupe 36 yet? It's a pretty nice high gain amp. Not as much gain as a Peavey, but close.
[quote u='leondb' d='Apr 18th, 2009 2:25am']

thanks for the answer.
the reason I don't get a metal amp is because i don't play metal that much.
I play more like guns', satriani, type of music. very seldom I play metal. I just wanted to know is the kustom amp was versalite.

yes, I've checked the coupe '36. now I'm in between that and the Kank jr. pro.

fEr_0h wrote on Apr 15th, 2009 11:37pm

how good does the Defender sound for metallica and antrax ?>?
Im thinking on buying that amp.

do you thin i can get satrian'is sound from it

Tire Me. wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 11:00pm

Haha yeah it was a bizarre combo of both books...simultaneously ruining both.

Tire Me. wrote on Mar 14th, 2009 8:07pm

Haha QOTD was such a horrible movie.

Interview was alright I suppose.

Tire Me. wrote on Mar 14th, 2009 12:56am

I added you because you like Anne Rice.

I do also.

Cheers.

hellfire21 wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 10:57pm

hey, check out my band FigureHead!!

papersun87 wrote on Jul 28th, 2008 12:34am

Line 6 DL4 update . . . I tried it again but with the Line 6 power adapter and it works again. I'd been using it with a Visual Sound 1-Spot but it seems to be spotty with that.

So if you haven't bought a delay yet . . . might be something to keep in mind. :)

Sorella wrote on Jul 19th, 2008 10:37pm

Hahaha, if you're still pretty sick, then by male standards that would be like a mosquito bite for us women ehehe. I'm down, cus I got turned down :(. My super adorable and awesome guitar teacher. I've processed most of the pain by now, cus he's an awesome guy and not a jerkoff like some guys I've gotten a thing for. He handled it nicely, and I think we'll remain "slightly aquainted, maybe better friends in the future". As for Ireland (or possibly Spain or Canada) I wouldn't know. Something that pays :P.

A janitor aye? Wait...does that mean you're a PERVERT??!! Haha, sorry, but that's how you get portrayed in movies. I think you're a few (quite possibly a lot) notches sexier than the average janitor since you'rea a GUITAR PLAYER!!!

What does custodial mean anyways?

Sorella wrote on Jul 19th, 2008 4:14pm

How are you feeling? Feeling less sick? Moi => heartbrokened. Dealing with it by listening to Motown classics and thinking if me and my best friend wind up going to Ireland to work for a few months or not.

Oh, and what arecustodial arts?

Chelangel16 wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 10:39pm

leondb wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 at 3:09am :

Yep. You're from Florida ic. I just went to Disney World a few months ago.

Haha nice, i like disney world, but ive only been twice.

1 2 3 read next