leeb rocks

leeb rocks's Profile Comments

LeakyFlask wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 2:42pm

Well obviously I fucked up the quote there but you get the point.

LeakyFlask wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 2:41pm

[QUOTE=leeb rocks]Thought I might be early enough to inb4 the misogynists but nope.
[/QUOTE]
It's near impossible isn't it? They're always the first at the scene.

Low_End_Rocker wrote on Sep 11th, 2010 1:21pm

Do you know what? I think I love you. I haven't seen you post a fucking single thing I disagree with. Keep up the good work man.

Fassa Albrecht wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 6:29pm

leeb rocks wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 1:00pm :
The problem with the football parallel is that it applies common sense thinking to the preposterously complex workings of the universe. The studies of Physics, evolutionary biology, psychology, economics, sociology and various other subjects are filled with examples that would seem preposterous had they not been empirically or logically shown to be true.

Thought I'd answer on your profile rather than on my blog.

Anyway, my football example was intended to show deist reasoning on the relationship between a piece of matter and the properties and functions it shows, and the notion of the Prime Mover- i.e. that which kickstarts the universe from a simple action, which leads to a progression based upon divinely set-up cosmic rules. THIS is where the likes of evolutionary biology and that come in....
Basically what I am trying to say is that my football argument is only the start of that long progression. I hope you know what I mean...o

Mistress_Ibanez wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 11:54am

leeb rocks wrote on Jul 5th, 2010 at 9:48am :
Ok that's pretty metal...

Yeah... Finland also champions the mobile phone-throwing championships, but I think wife-carrying and the sauna one are the best:

Mistress_Ibanez wrote on Jul 4th, 2010 12:29am

leeb rocks wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 at 10:33pm :
What in god's name is a sauna competition? Is it simply who makes the best sauna or some odd and eclectic sport involving sauna's as some kind of apparatus? (actually I think I'd rather simply believe it was the latter as it is much more amusing).

The winner is the one who stays in the sauna the longest. Sometimes the winner dies of overheating though :p

Mistress_Ibanez wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 11:20pm

leeb rocks wrote on Jul 3rd, 2010 at 9:54pm :
Ok I've had to re asses the Finish people after this. I'm starting to see why you like this country. :P

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100703/ten-finland-t akes-first-place-at-wife-ca-1dc2b55.html

Haha yeah they are crazy competitive so invent sports just to be good at. They always win the sauna competition and the track racing as well :p

Nietsche wrote on Apr 2nd, 2010 2:38pm

Well I assume that they would only be allowed to get the minimum amount necessary to survive and have to get the rest out of community charity. Since they aren't working people are unlikely to be overly charitable towards them so it should in theory get them back to worki.

OddOneOut wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 5:08pm

:haha Definitely good luck with that then, I don't think i've seen her post anything moderately reasonable in all the time she's been here.

Oh the chat bar does that sort of thing? Heck, I just use it to occasionally chat to people I know/get annoyed when someone I know isn't actually in my friends list so I can't chat to them.

OddOneOut wrote on Dec 29th, 2009 9:09pm

in regards to those posts in the china execution thread, you won't get much else from them.

BassmasterGreg wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 12:43am

Mr.Keith joined my group!

westdyolf wrote on Nov 21st, 2009 1:22am

hey thanks so much for turning me onto the liquid tension experiment

Xiaoxi wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 1:53am

leeb rocks wrote on Aug 5th, 2009 at 12:55pm :
Hey Xiaoxi. You seem to be the most in the know guy around here as far as Kurt Rosenwinkel (THE GUY IN HIS AVATAR IF ANYONE WAS WONDERING. Sorry) So I figured I would ask what album I should get after the Remedy. I'd quite like to stay in the sort of post-bop stuff but I'm open to looking into other areas of hsis music.

Cheers.

NO ITS CHRIS CORNELL!!!! ... :P

The Remedy is his live album, which I haven't personally heard. But definitely check out the albums "Deep Song" and "The Next Step". These two albums make up the bulk of the tunes that he performs. These two albums share 2 tunes: The Next Step and Use of Light. Very interesting to hear the different renditions.

If you want to hear a more traditional, straight-ahead side of KR, check out "Intuit". And if you want to hear the much more experimental side, check out "Heartcore".