kurtlives91

kurtlives91's Profile Comments

dsss guitars wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 9:40pm

Just passin.........................................

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1493900

zach in black wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 6:24am

kurtlives91 wrote on Dec 12th, 2010 at 2:56pm :
No I haven't. I find their stuff hard to get. All I have by them is III, Speaking in Cursive, and Please Turn The Gas Back On.
Is it good?
It's not a Two Cow Garage album its the solo album of their lead singer/guitarist. And yes it is amazing. It's called When the Stage Lights Go Dim. Do you like Jon Snodgrass's old band, Armchair Martian? I just got Good Guys...Bad Band... and it's really good.

m1j3 wrote on Dec 30th, 2010 8:13am

Nice man, you can really play!

m1j3 wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 11:40pm

Haha thanks :) Is that you playing in those mp3's?

zach in black wrote on Dec 12th, 2010 11:35am

Have you heard the album Micah Schnabel from Two Cow Garage put out?

barefootboy wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 11:45pm

thanks for the add

slash4114 wrote on Apr 7th, 2010 3:30am

Hey i saw your thread on the Dumble Clone build and I have been thinking about getting into amp building myself. Are there any books/websites that deal with tube amps and their circuitry that you could recommend? I'm pretty much completely new to this stuff, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject lol

thanks- Slash4114 :)

forsaknazrael wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 5:28am

kurtlives91 wrote on Feb 8th, 2010 at 5:32pm :
Indeed, saw your post on DIY.

Sounds a bit gate to me, might want to check your voltages/bias. Could use more highs, more attack. The attack is what the MK's are about imo.
BTW, it's a 3 Knob Tonebender, not a MKII. I also built a MKII, but I'm still working on that one.\
Also trying a silicon one, but my perf skillz seem to be lacking, haha. There's a short on the board somewhere.

forsaknazrael wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 2:17am

kurtlives91 wrote on Feb 8th, 2010 at 5:32pm :
Indeed, saw your post on DIY.

yeah, unfortunately I'm not getting a lot of info on the 3 knob's debugging and whatnot. The darlington pair is around 4.5V, IIRC, so that's good. The voltage on Q3 is still a bit high, around 3-4V, and I was told that 2-2.5V is good. would I change the same resistor that you do in a MKII, to adjust the bias?

I'm also using the neck/middle position in the clip, so that may account for a lot of the warmth. Hopefully, using a brighter position will yield results more like the MJM I'm hoping to emulate.

I might need a different set of germaniums, these ones aren't technically matched. They fall in the gain ranges, but they're different ones. Q1/2 are Japanese Sanyo 2SB405s, and the third is a chinese one I got from Smallbear for a Fuzz Face, hahaha.

kurtlives91a wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 1:30am

forsaknazrael wrote on Feb 8th, 2010 at 6:28pm :

any comments? I'm trying to make it sound more like the MJM 3 Knob Britbender.
Indeed, saw your post on DIY.

Which clip was it? The Areosmith one?

forsaknazrael wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 1:28am

hey, i noticed you passed my profile. i was hoping it was because of the new 3 Knob Tonebender clip I posted? :D

any comments? I'm trying to make it sound more like the MJM 3 Knob Britbender.

stykerwolf wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 7:32pm

I was thinking about something like - how can i explain it?
anyways, i was thinking of having an ordinary small tube (preferably a 12ax7) and use that to power a small output tube (el84) and then use a capacitor to block out the DC voltage and have that act as a preamp (like a rack effect) the B+ voltage doesn't really have to be sky rocketing but i'm thinking that somewhere around 20-30 volts should do right?

stykerwolf wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 3:18pm

you seem to be the smartest guy around when it comes to amp building and all. mind if i ask you some questions about a build i'm thinking of?

stratman_13 wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 3:33am

I really wish that you could come to my house, live here for a few months, and show teach me everything you know about circuits, transistors, everything. Throw SYK in there, too.

I'll pay you handsomely... :p

But seriously, your stuff is absolutely amazing, and most importantly, your wiring is super clean. I'm only on pedal modding/building at the moment.... But you're at another level. Keep up the amazing work, man. Cheers.

kurtlives91a wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 11:09pm

acdclandon wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 at 12:03am :

hey i talked to you one time way back about modding my gcb-95 crybaby wah?
do you think you could do that?

Did I ever respond to this? PM me

Kurt1964 wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 4:35am

thanx 4 adding! Kurt Rocks!!!

Albino_Rhino wrote on Jan 6th, 2009 2:17am

kurtlives91 wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 8:11pm :

John Frusciante (God)

Get a new user name man or get UG to fix it. I can never send PMs to you as the system dosent recognize your fuc ked up symbols.

I talked to some UG gods about it, and they said they would help me... but they never really did.

acdclandon wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 7:03am

hey i talked to you one time way back about modding my gcb-95 crybaby wah?
do you think you could do that?

AJS19 wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 1:37am

hey since your the most highly educated person i know with electronics, help me out with my situation, http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1022068

Albino_Rhino wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 12:24am

kurtlives91 wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 at 9:24am :

I tried responding to your PM but got an error. System could not find your username....anyways...

Hi

Almost always you have to scale the transfer. That really should not be an issue though, it's easy. Just use an IC socket or a transistor to make sure it is in the right scale when printed.

Check out...

General Guitar Gadgets

Tonepad

They have tons of great projects with the etch/transfer board included. Just browse their site pick out an effect you like and build it. None of their stuff is too complex.

If you are looking for a specific pedal and can't find it I can probably help you out there.

Chris...

Thanks Chris, those sites are great. Yeah, I had never thought of using an IC to scale it! Good idea. Thanks again for the help.

1 2 read next