krvolok

krvolok's Profile Comments

theogonia777 wrote on Feb 18th, 2018 6:47pm

krvolok wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 11:45am :
They have destroyed the front page. I thought I was being phished or something, for a good while too, until I came to my senses. It's like they fired the sane people working on the UG CSS, and replaced them with the one guy they knew from school.

I never undstand cosmetic changes to websites. You have something functional that people are fine with and then you completely flip it on its head.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 10:10am

I guess it's that other time of the year. :cheers:

Is there a better way to get in touch with you? It's a shame that we only talk briefly every six months. =P

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 4th, 2016 1:57pm

krvolok wrote on Jul 4th, 2016 at 4:46am :
Glad to hear that at least someone from my musician days is still making music. All of the guys from my former band are basically retired from music altogether, me including. I strum up a couple of chords here and there, but nothing serious.

It's actually very different from that one song you may remember and is shaping up to be more early-mid 90s Bolt Thrower influenced though with significant influence from Arabic and Ukrainian folk music as well as all German lyrics and maybe some French at some point.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 11:27pm

Also you might be interested in knowing that I have a full Keket album in the works. I rerecorded that one song but it won't be on the album. I have some tracks that I am working on although there is no real time frame at this point.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 10:29pm

krvolok wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 3:52pm :
Hiking with family tomorrow, so happy birthday today!

Thank you. Don't run into any bears.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 8:45pm

Finished by BA and am onto my MA in History.

Musically, I've been writing some stuff and trying to sing more. Got a Telecaster and a Hipshot bender. Having trouble getting the bender installed since it requires drilling. Otherwise I am doing some writing/recording/session work with some big artists in the next few months through connections.

I took German last semester and I'm getting back into Russian after being out of that for a while. Also getting a bit into the old Anglo-Saxon language, which is certainly aided by the German.

Oh yeah. My posts in the Pit are silly.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 15th, 2016 6:06pm

krvolok wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:44am :
Cheers! Time sure does fly, it's like July was the other day.

Yeah. So what have you been up to since then?

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 12:18am

It's that time of the year already. :cheers:

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 11:18pm

I have dedicated my left hand to the pitch/mod bar and filter knobs.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 11:23pm

Keratoconus.

It was not too expensive. It's an 8 string though so I had a bit of flexibility. My tuning is BC#EGACEG, with the B pitched between the A and C. This gives me strummable 6, m7, 7, and 7b5 chords as well as three inversions of major chords, two inversions of that chord's relative vi, and three inversions of its iii. It allows harmonized scales with very little slanting as well, and the GAC strings are excellent for playing fast scale licks with a few slides thrown in.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 3:17pm

Well it's always nice to have corrective surgery like that. I had eye surgery over the winter. Though it was less to correct the problem and more to prevent it from progressing.

What games are you playing?

Also I recently got a lap steel. On the one hand it is somewhat limited in that it can accomplish about 10-20% of what my pedal steel can accomplish, but on the other it ways just over 7 lbs compared to just under 70 lbs for the latter.

I think that that is somewhat of a fair tradeoff, and considering everything that a pedal steel can accomplish, 10-20% is still a lot that can be accomplished.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 12:31am

Thank you. :cheers:

How is life over in your part of the world?

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 2:08pm

krvolok wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 4:46am :
'Tis indeed, year after year, unfortunately....

How goes life over yonder?

You know. Same shit, different day. I got a tenor banjo for playing Irish music. I want to start and Irish punk band or something maybe. Either that or a doom metal band with pedal steel.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 2:01am

That time of the year again, yeah? Well... still is on my side of the world anyway.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 4th, 2014 1:02pm

krvolok wrote on Jul 4th, 2014 at 4:25am :
Hail Ol' Glory! And a happy, happy birthday to you!

Ha, thanks! :P

theogonia777 wrote on Apr 21st, 2014 2:08am

The basics of pedal steel are actually very simple, but very difficult to explain. I will have to make some recordings at some point, but for now the case needs to be repaired and so she wouldn't be leaving home until that is taken care of.

theogonia777 wrote on Mar 9th, 2014 7:27pm

I will have to get some pedal steel recordings at some point. For now I am not very good at it so it would really only be the generic I-IV, V-I A+B pedal bends and a couple of very easy scale licks with the pedal.

There is one super easy lick I really like. It would consist of G#, A, B, C#, E, and then back down if it is played in E major. It is done very easily by using the B pedal to raise G# to A and then the A pedal to move B up to C#, and then obviously releasing the pedals when descending to get C# to B and A to G#.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 6:16pm

krvolok wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 12:26pm :
The lapsteel? I'm not so familiar with the instrument or the brands to know is that some sort of a god-lapsteel or not, but in any case, play it, enjoy it, get a clip up soon.

The actually steel guitar, not the thing I made. :haha:

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 18th, 2014 3:26pm

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 9:37pm :
krvolok wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 5:18pm :A million dollars? In that case, do share, ol' chap.

Unfortunately I didn't "get" it yet. When it gets here I'll show you pictures.

I got it. There is a picture uploaded.

theogonia777 wrote on Jan 16th, 2014 2:37am

krvolok wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 5:18pm :
A million dollars? In that case, do share, ol' chap.

Unfortunately I didn't "get" it yet. When it gets here I'll show you pictures.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next