juckfush

juckfush's Profile Comments

RedDeath9 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2014 1:58am

I'm studying pharmacy. I'm currently halfway through my second year, got 2 and a half more to go. It's not so bad so far. But I can feel it getting tougher, more overwhelming, as time passes. Shit's gonna get crazy by next year.

I actually haven't done much work at all on the novels since I talked about them to you. Buuut, if you want a brief summary of the plot, it's basically going to be about 1. a conflict between an oppressive theocratic government led by some kind of messiah figure, and... regular people (yea, kinda cliché so far) and 2. the 'dream world' - another plane of reality - and how it connects with the real world. But the greater focus will be on each individual character, their motivations, philosophies, etc. I've got individual plot points figured out, but I really want to rethink the main villain's motivations. I feel like they aren't quite strong enough, for what he's setting out to do. Anyways.

RedDeath9 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2014 1:58am

Improv trio, eh? Do you have any music online, anywhere? Sounds pretty sweet, in any case.

I'm still on the road to becoming more extroverted. I think, naturally, I'd prefer to just stay introverted. Under special conditions, I'd like meeting new people, but generally it just feels... exhausting, to even think about.

RedDeath9 wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 9:05pm

juckfush wrote on Nov 24th, 2013 at 5:20am :
You've implicitly given me a lot to live up to. What's crackin', dude?

Meh, not much. Concentrating more than usual on school, but still writing music here and there, socializing, trying to plan some kind of novels. How about you? How've you been doing?

RedDeath9 wrote on Nov 15th, 2013 3:29am

I need you in my life bro

adamgur96 wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 6:36pm

Hey man!

I didn't see Pryapisme in your favorite bands so thought you'll wanna check em out
Fairwell ;)

adamgur96 wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 2:50pm

juckfush wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:40pm :
Hey mate, thanks for the add!

It's so weird to have come across somebody (or really, have somebody come across me) with such similar tastes in music, haha.
Which was the band that got you started with experimental metal? As far as I can remember, I'd heard Desert Urbania, but thought it was too messy bar the chorus section and clean vocals near the end, so brushed it aside. About a year later, my high school music teacher passed on some Mr Bungle (I was really enjoying Spastic Ink around this time), and I heard Reflections by Akphaezya a little later; big fan of Unexpect ever since!

i first heard diablo swing orchestra, later on a friend show'd me UneXpecT. and now i have an avant garde fetish :D
plz join my group "UneXpecT Is The Best Fucking Band Ever!!!!!! Group"
it will mean alot to me.
have a graet week dude :)

jackblackyeah17 wrote on Apr 17th, 2011 5:58am

I'm doing really good! I actually just got a new axe (PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone with new pups and some other mods) that I love to bits. Haven't been doing too much writing as of late, maybe a couple riffs, but me and a couple friends have been doing some wicked jamming and trying to flesh out song ideas. Stoner/doomy type stuff (I play bass with them) and it's super fun. Just banging around, playing loud, having a blast. We usually wind up just shouting random lyrics about medieval warfare whenever we play, but we're trying to get a bit more serious and maybe get some solid tunes written.

If you're ever in need of a crit or two just send me some some pieces and I'll do my best. It's always nice to here stuff in alternate tunings (been experementing with AGCF#AD, really interesting) .

jackblackyeah17 wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 1:04am

Hey, how's it going! Been doing much composition lately? I'd love to hear some stuff ;)

coco-loco wrote on Mar 13th, 2011 1:31pm

Sweet. I hadn't realised you'd changed your User Title to Fancy Antsy-Lope! Thanks xD!!!!

whalepudding wrote on Mar 11th, 2011 2:36am

No worries mate - I wasn't planning on asking for a crit, but I've since posted what I have so far of a very pretentious thing called Centrepiece. I don't suppose you could have a look at it if you get the time? :cheers: It's not finished at all, I just got a bit confused and needed advice.

Reisgar42 wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 5:41am

It looks to me like the baby Yoshi from Super Mario World for the SNES, although the design's been used numerous times. To be honest, I just looked up 'buddy icons' and went through video games lists. Hope this helps!

jackblackyeah17 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2011 3:38am

Wow... Thanks for the amazing crit, you're really good at ego-boosting (in a good way). I feel that I should offer to crit/look at something in return.

Anything I can do for you?

whalepudding wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 4:45am

Ahhhhh, I loved that. It's one of those pieces you have to listen to attentively to get your head around, but once I did I realised it was incredibly tasteful and musically interesting. Rather than being jarring, the dissonance and atonality was just another flavor, like harmony. It's the sort of stuff I wish I could write.

Anyway, that will definitely be brilliant, and the idea behind it sounds very interesting. Any idea how you'd manage to turn that into a storyline, though?

That seems the difficult bit. I've been messing around with the idea of an album based on delusion - about the idea that the information that gets through from reality, through our senses, and into our heads is so vague and easy to misinterpret that we inevitably end up living in a ridiculous dream world, made of superstition and paranoia and whatnot. And that seemed like a good idea, until I tried to flesh it out and write "and then the bloke went to a place and did a thing", at which point I gave up and drew a cow with a man's face.

whalepudding wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 10:49am

Uhr, I'm embarrassed you heard the singing. I had done about a quarter of a proper warmup and did it entirely on impulse. Please use whatever it takes to purge that from your memory. I recommend hypnotism, alcohol, or life-affecting psychological disorders.

Your writing a play is bloody awesome. Any ideas so far as to the story or ideas behind it? I can imagine your music working brilliantly for that sort of thing.

I've always liked the idea of doing that, so I could mess about with leitmotifs and evoking specific imagery and whatnot. Although in high school, for every creative writing assignment, I wrote the same story about a man hiding a power drill in his enemy's caesar salad, and it never got good marks. I may struggle at that bit.

Anyway, good luck and whatnot, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :cheers:

And as for works in progress, I'm trying to rip off James Gleeson (best surrealist artist ever) and struggling to write the most pretentious song ever written by anybody. :D

whalepudding wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 8:44am

My art is going lovely-ly, although the art course - which did indeed exist the last I time I spoke to you - I've had to postpone until next year. I'm currently trying to get a job like some kind of responsible person, and working on my ridiculously unrealistic ambition of recording an album by myself.

And I nearly have enough music done for it, which warrants a hooray! Although teaching myself to sing and mix is a pain in the arse. Art is much easier, you have an idea and your hand moves and the picture is different. A decent song is made up of 100 different disciplines, most of which I can't do very well yet. Humph.

Anyway, how's your writing going? Also I see you're studying music at a uni, how have they reacted to your songs about a mentally ill man buying condoms? :p:

VeilOfMaya wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 11:02am

Facebook. Now.

Tire Me. wrote on Dec 20th, 2010 3:11am

I checked out your youtube channel. You're awesome man. That Govan video... Wow.

I would absolutely love to collab on something! I don't actually have GP though haha. I'm sure I could acquire it though. I just added you on facebook, btw.

I discovered PIE a few weeks ago, but not on UG. That's cool that they're liked on here.

You like Ephel Duath too! I've only found one other person that knows them hahaha.

Rory's_strat wrote on Dec 17th, 2010 8:48pm

Yo thanks for the kind comment on my recording dude! To be honest with you I used some pretty shit heap gear to record; I used an Alesis Multimix 6 Mixer to DI the guitars (CRINGE!) going into Reaper which were quad tracked and then I used a couple of my favorite amp sims on them. The Bass is programmmed - a VSTi called 4front bass or something, and the drums are just Addictive Drums but I spent so so much time making my own preset for it with no external samples that you heard in the recording!

Tire Me. wrote on Dec 17th, 2010 2:40pm

This is my fav band currently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItoGs0PcZC4

Tire Me. wrote on Dec 17th, 2010 2:38pm

Just saw your comment. Yes I do like Aliases quite a bit!

I love Sikth and TAA so much. Luke Williams is my favorite bassist behind Wooten.

I really wanna be in a mathcore/metal band.

1 2 3 4 5 read next »