jof1029

jof1029's Profile Comments

Controlpanel wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 1:21am

your profile pic reminds me of "Pretty Fly (For a white guy)- The Offspring....

Just thought I'd say that.

gregs1020 wrote on Aug 16th, 2011 7:51am

Have a cupcake?

NosferatuZodd09 wrote on Jul 30th, 2011 9:48pm

jof1029 wrote on Jul 30th, 2011 at 7:26am :
NosferatuZodd09 wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 3:19pm :http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/demigod/through _ the_shrouded_infinity_guitar_pro.htm

whoops not html lol i accidentally deleted part of the address n wrote it back incorrectly; any chance you could change that to towards the shrouded infinity thanks!
Unfortunately I cannot re-name tabs. You might try posting in the contributions forum and seeing if someone there can help you out, as I cant recall off the top of my head who would be the best person to contact.

ah dang thanks, someone pointed me towards you at the metal forum haha so I guess the hunt continues

NosferatuZodd09 wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 9:19pm

NosferatuZodd09 wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 3:51am

hey dude got a Q, someone told me you could correctly rename this tab
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/demigod/through_ the_shrouded_infinity_guitar_pro.html
I magically messed up and it's supposed to be Towards [the tab has the right song name]

itsjamessss wrote on May 25th, 2011 7:01pm

Hey i noticed you had a valvetonix amp and you asked about Kings of leon settings please can you help me!

Mean Mr Mustard wrote on May 12th, 2011 3:48am

Hey man, I was looking at Virginia Tech as a school, and was just wondering if you could sort of sum up the music scene in Blacksburg/the campus? Particularly, is there any hardcore, pop-punk, metal, metalcore, etc.? Im not sure when you went there or anything, but I figured that you could have some useful advice or something. Thanks.

dsss guitars wrote on Apr 30th, 2011 8:31am

Hello from Scotland

gregs1020 wrote on Apr 24th, 2011 2:02am

jof1029 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2011 at 6:56pm :
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php? p=27013209&postcount=16402
just because it isn't popular doesn't make it wrong. B******* about stuff in the w t l t all the time. Stop by a little more often laughs never hurt anyone.

gregs1020 wrote on Apr 24th, 2011 1:49am

I wasn't trolling. Popular beliefs or not what I posted was facts. Just because somebody likes a spider 4 doesn't make them a troll it makes it their preference. I think you need to reread my post and take them at face value. Have a great easter either way.

GS LEAD 5 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 1:16am

Your avataar is pure WIN.
Nomad FTW.

SchuldinerDeath wrote on Feb 3rd, 2011 1:47am

What would be the "correct" subforum, sir?

GURREN LAGANN wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 1:46am

Also regarding your comment of "trouble members" - have you ever through why that is?

If you have a den of people who think sexism is acceptable, then someone who takes issue with it is going to be scorned. People don't want to be made think about things like that, and will let comments that chase women away fly.

Again - look at the nature of the posters in those threads. They're all creaming themselves over someone being banned - do you think this is right? And many of them being far more insulting than I was.

The problem is you're presuming the "Majority" to be correct here. The problem lies with the body of UG regulars, not with people like me. It's easier to take it out on me in the short term - but in the long term, that only makes the problems worse.

You are taking it out on the underdog.

GURREN LAGANN wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 1:44am

Insult isn't binary, and I only "insulted" him because I found his tone to be insulting - "we have no common ground on which to base a discussion" - what the hell is that, seriously? It's not as if I got his character wrong is it? I've seen enough of these guys to tell them quickly. It's also debatable what the first insult was - he did make the remark about 12 year old girls. People regularly make fun of tube purists on the forum too - so you can't say one is "acceptably" lighthearted for sure.

Either way, a quick bash at tube purists doesn't excuse the viciously sexist remarks made thereafter. I mean, these are just crazy, and I'm shocked everyone else turned a blind eye to it. I think when you have a set up like this, it's not friendly to women at all and there's a serious problem here. You need to send the message that these kind of remarks aren't acceptable.

GURREN LAGANN wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 1:20am

If you had dealth with the comment I had pointed out, which is clearly not a light hearted joke, then there wouldn't have been an issue. And there are more insults being thrown at me in that thread than by me - which you also turn a blind eye to.

I can read the warnings you issue on the forum. You have made public warnings against me several times but. You are encouraging their behaviour by coming down on me and only me. You did not warn off any of the much more severe remarks leveled at me.

You are just siding with the clique on the forum and reaffirming their authority.

This is shockingly amoral behaviour. You cannot even claim it is simplies your forum and your rules, because your style of moderation is actively creating a class of bullies that can have an impact on other people outside of that scope. Your irresponsible behaviour creates bad people.

There is no excuse to this, and if you had to justify your actions with something other than warnings and bans, you would be unable to.

GURREN LAGANN wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 12:34am

I don't see how the typical sexist ranting about feminists is a "Light hearted Joke". In that case, I claim all my apparently aggressive remarks were light hearted jokes, which is actually marginally less retarded.

iamflipbaby wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 7:25am

o loads of offence meant

iamflipbaby wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 7:24am

Dude seriously what the hell is your problem?

not really sure why your being such a dick, but after reading ure comments it clear that plenty of people think the same! in short do what u want, fuck it block me cunt i have a real life and dont really need shit from a jumped lil prick like you anyways!!

so fuck u cunt and i hope u fuckin choke. oh and u fuckin suck so try learnin how to actually play mothers cunt fuck

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2011 5:03am

jof1029 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 2:57am :
The point of the subforums is to showcase and get comments on the recordings. That means everything from playing and composition to mixing and recording methods.

The point of the main forum is to discuss recording gear, recording techniques, mixing methods and similar stuff.

Something like 90%+ of the time, threads about listening to/critiquing a recording belong in the subforums. It is the best way we mods have found to keep things organized and running smoothly. Otherwise the main forum ends up full of people asking for critiques on their mix, as opposed to what the forum is supposed to be for.

I think this thread proves my point. If I would've known about it I would've posted my recording there but either way, this was put in the main forum, not a sub.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?t=1280077

Slapp62 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 7:51am

jof1029 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 2:40am :
I would have been more likely to respond nicely if you hadnt come out and insulted me straight off. Does not make me want to help you.

If you have a specific question on a technique or specific aspect of a mix and are using a recording as an example, it may fit in the top level forum. Anything that is a general "rate my mix" type thread needs to go in the subforum. Its the same for everyone, it isnt like I was doing it just for you.

In that case the rules are messed up. The difference between one aspect of a recording being critiqued and a whole recording can become a fine line in a thread. For instance, if that one aspect is the entire mix. And even more so, within a thread the topic of discussion can change so fluidly that it would be hard to decipher which is the actual topic.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 read next