jazz_rock_feel

jazz_rock_feel's Profile Comments

descara wrote on Jul 12th, 2012 12:09am

Not much of a UG-goer nowadays (like I ever was) but I just had to say your sig almost made me spit my tea out.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 6:57pm

jazz_rock_feel wrote on Jul 11th, 2012 at 9:17am :
You sir, are a genius.

Excellent work. That looks just like him.

theogonia777 wrote on Jul 10th, 2012 3:13am

Your sig should link to a Chopin piece as an example of an excellent use of scales.

cruechick wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 2:10am

The tabs Ive got are scans that people make and list them on pianofiles.com but its alot easier to learn them when theyre on guitar pro. but it usually just stresses me out to input them all in and then i end up not gettting any practicing done lol

Neo Evil11 wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 10:45pm

Why were you lurking?

Narcotics wrote on Sep 14th, 2009 7:08pm

jazz_rock_feel wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 4:18pm :
So, just out of curiosity, who is your bass teacher?

his name is vaughan poyser, our teachers probably know eachother

83lespaulstudio wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 3:18am

whatsup, Bales? just checkin' in with ya' buddy. how's work/school/ life going? how's your band/ orchestra life moving along? we really should do lunch. :)

thefitz wrote on Aug 12th, 2009 7:03am

Oh, and another thing - my latest blog was saying that the music business as been a money-grubbing industry since the second it was started; it's just that now is the only time that the money-grubbing is actually starting to affect the music itself.

thefitz wrote on Aug 12th, 2009 7:01am

Read my blog on Bass, read the latest comment, follow back and forth with profile comments, and cross reference that with the thread the dude made in the bass forum. I still got it.

the humanity wrote on Aug 8th, 2009 2:43am

jazz_rock_feel wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 at 11:11am :
I agree that art does, and has to, reflect the society it's created in. I hate the fact, however, that it has to happen in movements or genres. I can't understand why everyone has to do things in the same style as the day dictates. Just because the time requires art to have the themes that it does, do the themes have to be stated in the same way all of the time?

if I had to pin something, I'd have to blame it on the sheep concept- if a shephard walks to the meadow, the sheep followed. they know the shephard means safety, grass, and company. the only sheep aren't just bands, they are club owners, record companies, bars, even little bald guy who chooses what they play at Del Taco while you eat.

the humanity wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 3:39pm

maybe the internet will be destroyed somehow in later years. music is made by people for people, so it must represent society. society at the moment is very formulated businesswise, very promiscuous, very simplified, not that kind to the creative. rap is a perfect example of this.

the humanity wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 3:39pm

jazz_rock_feel wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 3:51pm :
(regarding the blog comment)
So are you saying that music will eventually deteriorate so much that it implodes in upon itself and becomes creative again? : Fascinating.

As for the emulative thing, it just bothers me that that's how people learn their music; through copying others. It's just feeding this horrible shit cycle we have going on right now.

in a way. remember the French art during the reign of Napoleon? very regal, tough, real world. right before it, there was playful, promiscuous, and wimpy art. polar opposites.
I hope that that will happen. art got no more wimpy or playful, it was ushered in by drastic social change. maybe if this economy f***s us up enough, we'll invent some sad, lilting instrumental music that totally overshadows everything.

thefitz wrote on Aug 7th, 2009 3:42am

I try. For every person I can 'hip' to what's going on, I inadvertantly make 10 people think I'm a heartless and angry bastard. They're missing the point.

People naturally want to be nice. Nice people get taken advantage of. Our collective musical mind has been taken advantage of.

thefitz wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 9:51pm

Glad you liked the blog. I like disorienting the reader then (hopefully) having them fall into a 'eureka!' moment. That's how you learn math and it's rare when reading words.

83lespaulstudio wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 11:27pm

hey Jazzy!! just sayin hey, Bales. :)

anarkee wrote on Apr 9th, 2009 1:20am

You didn't know I was married to Donald Sutherland and that he had tats? Actually my husband is like Ben, I swear to god if you look at a picture from 6 months ago vs now, it doesn't look like the same person.

thefitz wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 3:32am

jazz_rock_feel wrote on Apr 5th, 2009 at 4:19pm :

So wait... if you don't want to be there, why are you?

Because next year I'll be done, with something to fall back if/when the music thing falls through. The music bug didn't hit me until I was already here.

thefitz wrote on Apr 5th, 2009 5:11pm

If I was failing, I'd be out, hence not complaining. It's the fact that I'm NOT failing. But yes, I do indeed have this impossible bass and album...

thefitz wrote on Apr 3rd, 2009 7:51pm

It's the end of the semester, and I really, really wish I was graduating this year. I was in Software Engineering but my marks demoted me to Comp Sci and left me a year behind. Both programmes share a lot of courses (strange ours are 3rd year and there's are 4th), and a lot of the dudes in those classes have their Engineering rings they smugly wear. Oh please, I'm just bitter.

I'm getting lazy with the mixing of our album, but it's going to be fucking something. Recorded the last track 2 weeks ago. Also going to do sessions with a delta-blues friend of ours.

And I'm still completely gobsmacked about the Vampyre. It's my Mjollnir. My Excaliber. My Millenium Falcon. For about the price of a new Stagg. This is a shame because now I have no reason to play any of my other bass guitars, barring maybe my '51 Precision, which I've had no reason to play for a while now... unless I want the old school sound... which is never.

thefitz wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 5:01am

Unholy acolyte, anything to report?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next