jasonggabbott

jasonggabbott's Profile Comments

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 5:33am

played through some of your stuff. can't say it's something I'd listen to normally, but for what you were going for it was pretty cool. good work :]

jasonggabbott wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 at 12:01am :
By synth, do you mean programmed synth? Sounds well thought out and musical. You nailed a great upbeat tempo! Nice f/x on the synth or/and keys. I am enjoying this romp through the unknown, yet feeling at home. Excellent sound quality! Well done.
Really sweet use of space and time!
thanks, even though that's one of my old ones. not sure why you went to it instead of the stuff on the front page. lol
by synth I mean synthesizer.

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 12:24am

jasonggabbott wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 at 3:24pm :
When and if you are ever interested, let me know. UBETOO.COM is an amazing site that pays per play!
I don't plan on going past the basics ever. here is enough for now. I'll put any finished albums on bandcamp. probably youtube eventually.

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 8:08pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 at 3:07pm :
GENERIC music will always live on, in elevators and old folks homes! I set out to make music and to share it with others. What I have received in return is more than I could of dreamed of. I have TOUCHED people and been touched all because of my recordings. COLLABORATIONS have been even more thrilling! To be able to make music with some of my favs blows me away! I am living my dreams! What other sites are you on? I am on some pretty great ones myself.
only this one. never bothered with other places.

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 8:07pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 at 2:55pm :
I agree! Beautiful! Did you take the pictures? Or is it pre-made? Either way, AWESOME! And, you can read the words too! A lot of pages have BAD colors for the lettering and can't be easily read. I am getting ready to listen to your music now! Have you checked out any of mine? I guess you would rather hear an instrumental? Let me know and I will direct you to one I think you would like or just hit play on one. You sure did answer quick! ;->
that's because I get a notification on MSN when I get a profile comment here. I didn't this time because I was gone lol.
but thankss. yeaah. it took a while to get it just right. the html on here is such a pain.
all of my uploads are really out-dated though. I've learned tons since last uploading anything. so nothing is really at its best.
I meant to listen to yours when I saw phillipe's comment but honestly you have like 4,000 uploads so I didn't know where to begin.

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 7:44pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 at 2:41pm :
WOW! What a magnificent looking PAGE layout!
lol thanks. I know.
it's the best on the entire site.

Being serious.

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 7:44pm

haha. exactly. if you love your music then I'm sure someone out there will feel the same no matter how big or small the number is. there's something for everyone. I've even encountered some random UG'ers songs on here that got to me more than I could ever imagine and it was in a way where no one else felt the same from listening to them. but they were special to me. even if I'm the only person that'll feel that way, then it's still great and there's generally got to be someone out there for every song. if it's a quality piece of work anyways.

though I dunno'. I think generic new age rock lives on.

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 7:07pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 at 4:07am :
TRUE! And thanks for the comment. It was taken out of context, I was just stating a point. The reason I sing is I have stings to say that require words.
and that's fine. if words are how you need to express yourself then let it be. everyone is different.
just never do something you don't truly want to for the sake of the market :]

TechnicolorType wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 7:59am

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 28th, 2011 at 5:16pm :
Don't you think the market for instrumentals is smaller than those with lyrics?
Jason
Who cares about the market.
It's about what the music means, not what people can bop their head along to and what gets played on Top 40.
If a song is more personal to someone and the artist can speak their heart and soul through instrumentation alone then they'll share it in that manner because it's what's most powerful.
Trying to suit the market is just being a sell-out and only damaging to one's music.

salmon philippe wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 8:24am

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 7:43pm :
How was the mixing and sound quality?

oh , I forgot to say : the sound quality was great

salmon philippe wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 8:23am

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 7:43pm :
How was the mixing and sound quality?

don't take it too bad , after all it is just my "classical hearing" opinion... and most of punk or metal fans would not be disturbed by it maybe. Anyway , I think you should make your tracks (with vocals) be heard by some professional specialist , and not only internet friends to have precise advices about it .. I still believe your instrumental are far better than those rocks with vocals, much more inventive on the guitar work (like on Singularities).
keep on searching that way , take care , Phil

antigravity13 wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 11:44pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 20th, 2011 at 8:51am :
Listening to your new tunes and mixes! I will be commenting in a bit, probably after work.
ROCK ON!

thanks man i appreciate it!

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 7:50pm

Hey, brother. I have set up an album on CDbaby! I liked what they had. Anyway, I have know idea when the music will be available. Right now I am just going to do digital distribution because I don't want the hassle of sending cds...( that's if anyone would buy my stuff, lol). But anyway, thanks for the inspiration! I have to wait until my songs show up, but I'll let you know when they do. I tried my best to get the best sound out of the recordings...but it is what it is when I am all about Do-it-Yourself! Peace out!

salmon philippe wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 3:36pm

come and see the new band's profile, I have selected some of the best songs we made and there are some cool videos of the band members on the page

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 17th, 2011 12:52am

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:59am :
I lost your e-mail address.
Thanks for all the great advice, brother. I sent you my email through this site. Keep rocking.

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 5:15pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:40am :

OH, sorry, now I went there and read it. O.K., it is a music distribution service, like ubetoo, and many other sites. They charge 9 bucks for a single and 49.99 for an album! OUCH! I am sure they do a bit more for the price, i.e. statistics and such! Statistics are cool, but you need to be selling albums. I use JANGO.COM, they play to over 10 million people world wide and put you in with big artists on their channels. They then send all kinds of statistics to me!

UBETOO charges 49 euros (I have a discount code if you want it!0 for a year! NO LIMIT distribution! You can upload as many albums or songs for that price!!! They also have extra publicity options. It is cool being on a label, they distribute to over 500 music sells sites. Really, the best deal around!
So you are using both Jango AND Ubetoo?

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 8:06pm

What do you think of Tunecore?

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 6:21pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:29am :
CD-BABY is a GREAT site! They have done only great things for me. What are you looking for, distribution? Physical cd sells or downloads? If it is downloads, I have a better option for you. THEY rule the cd market for sure. Their distribution is a bit pricey compared to other sites, but you get what you pay for. I have come across and investigated many sites. If you like I can go over them with you. I also have discount options for you.
DISKMAKERS is the cd duplication service. The just released a "musicians guide to recording" that kicks ass! HOSTBABY is a site I am looking into, they set up a pro web site for a great price.
YOU know I love talking about this stuff!
Is it best just to focus on digital download (Distribution) from CDbaby/Itunes rather than worrying about physical CDs? What's your opinion?

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 6:11pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:31am :
THANK you so much! It thrills me that people like my music enough to take their time creativity to make videos for me! How have you been? I miss you!
If you click on the Youtube video in my profile it has one of my newer songs. Another is called Satellite Suicide (With Solo) and The Clock Struck Midnight.

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 5:42pm

jasonggabbott wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:31am :
I've been writing new songs, and posting a lot to You Tube to get reactions. I've built up some subscribers there. I've been fiddling around with some of the Mastering tools that you told me about in Audacity (Compression etc.) and have been having fun with that. I also started fiddling with adding drums to my songs ("Vampire") So I've been busy for sure. CD Baby looks cool. What would you suggest for digital downloads, Ubetoo, because I checked out that site too? I uploaded 2 songs...but havn't done much more. Plus posting a lot of covers to Youtube.

Wolf Dog Moon wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 3:24pm

You have to tell me how you like CD baby so far. I've checked out the site, and thought about doing something with CD baby and Itunes, but have to iron out the rough edges of my recordings still.

read previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 read next