jallas

jallas's Profile Comments

Final wrote on Nov 27th, 2013 4:22am

Alice!!!

StivvvG wrote on Feb 6th, 2013 12:38pm

hi

phantom1 wrote on May 3rd, 2011 5:26pm

Why are you here. The meanies removed my thread because I liked your smileyface.

phantom1 wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 9:35pm

hai alice

Kensai wrote on Jun 13th, 2009 9:43am

jallas wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 4:06pm :

a couple of my friends use lomos and they rave about them. they looked kinda fun and i was offered one for a good price, so why not. it's pretty simple, and for a film noob like me that's perfect!

hopefully getting the lens tomorrow or sunday, just waiting to hear back from the guy...

one of the guys from the photography society is looking for models to practise his portraiture, so i think i'll give that a shot. nothing rude though i'm afraid

Peer pressure, eh? ;)
Well good luck with it!

Try talking him into taking some nudes then, you still haven't held up your end of the deal, dear.

Kensai wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 1:03pm

It's how you use it that matters, baby.

What made you go with lomo? I mean, with used nikons being so cheap.

I wouldn't trust any brits in general but you can always check it out. I bought almost all my equipment second-hand and it hasn't failed once.

Kensai wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 12:20pm

I waited for hours and hours, Alice. Hours and hours.

Yeah it's a definetely able lense. It's so sharp sometimes I feel I have to blur everything. I got myself a 24-105 yesterday. It's schweet.

Congrats on the lomo! They're pretty fun even though the quality is really poor. Like shooting with a nikon.

I'll hit you up on MSN some day. I just have an essay to finish but it shouldn't be too much work.

Kensai wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 3:08pm

jallas wrote on Jun 8th, 2009 at 11:08pm :

and i'm actually considering taking a class in swedish next year.

not just for stalking purposes, you understand, that's just a bonus!

Why am I not convinced it's not just for stalking? :p

Congrats on the 17-40, it's an amazing lens. I'm getting a 24-105 tomorow which should be sweet too.

Btw do you have time to talk some day? About my trip, I have some questions and stuff.

Kensai wrote on Apr 3rd, 2009 9:15pm

Excellent...

The 17-40 is a good investment, works perfect on fullframe too, the fixed 20 is probably good but sure you're not wanting a sigma 24-70 2.8 HSM (like canons USM) or so? Gives you a fast lense, a good zoomrange, HSM and it's overall a veeery good lense.

And yeah USM means ultra-sonic motor which makes the focusing completely quiet, much faster and much more accurate. For me going from my nikon kit lense to a 17-40 USM was like going from a snail to a ferrari. Also the snail is inbred. Severely.

Kensai wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 8:54pm

jallas wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 9:43pm :

WHAT? WHY DO I NOT LIVE IN SWEDEN?

The 17-40mm f/4 L is like 600, I guess that is pretty good... hmm...

We also have semlor ^.^

Kensai wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 8:53pm

Honestly unless you're one of those people who sit around all day taking pics of birds (birds as a word with two meanings) and need their camera to have the 1.6X fpcal length you get with crop-cameras I don't see why you should invest in an EF-S lense since they don't work with fullframe. I think pretty soon you'll get the 5D for like 300-600 and soon after that the 5D mark II for less. Full frame is the future, alice! Don't live in the crop-past!

All of those are pretty good from what I can remember, if you want to be stuck with one focal length. The 24 2.8 I've been drooling over myself.

I hope you get the job then, I don't want to be all like "hey alice I'm going to brighton by train, maybe you can take the bike there or something?" you know :p

Kensai wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 8:32pm

jallas wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 9:20pm :

Heh there's no way I can afford a 5D, my budget is firm at 1000. Plus, it makes more sense to get some good glass, rather than a new body, as I already got my lovely 30D

I might go crazy then and get a wide angle AND A TELEZ00M OMG. Maybe.

I'm going to check options...

In sweden you can find 5Ds used for like 600-700. Add another 400 and you got a used 17-40 or sigma 24-70 :p

Oh well, shouldn't tempt you (although...) The 16-35 is very good, slightly better than my 17-40 atleast on the wide end. You can get both a 17-40 f/4 L USM and a 70-200 f/4 L USM for under 1000 if you buy them used. I've got both and they're more amazing than an amazonian rubdown.

Kensai wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 8:07pm

jallas wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 8:30pm :

Right I need your help Kjelly.
I'm in need of a new lens. My requirements:

Canon-fit (pref Canon own brand tho).
A pretty/very good aperture.
Telezoom - preferably reasonably wide (I am renouncing the kit lens so need something to replace it's 18mm)
Under 1000 (no idea how many Swedish, erm, kronors(?) that is)

Help please pretty please?

It's difficult finding good telezooms that are also wide, my only suggestion is the 17-85 f/4-5.6 IS USM but it's not very fast (has got IS though).

If not, you have to move up a "mm class" to 24-28 with either the
- Sigma 24-70 2.8 HSM
- Tamron 28-75 2.8

There's also the tamron 17-50 2.8 which lacks the zoom.

Personally I'd just get a used 5D and a 28-135 ;)

*mudvayne* wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 8:29pm

OH AND GUITARISTS DO...NOT...SUCK
never say those words again

*mudvayne* wrote on Mar 29th, 2009 7:41pm

haha right

phantom1 wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 4:34pm

sigh, i'll log on msn someday and tell you all about it >.<

phantom1 wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 4:28pm

jallas wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 at 3:08pm :

well maybe that was for the best? don't feel bad about it, you can always return in the future if you want, but it's not like uni is everything. what are you doing now?

pretty much nothing :\

phantom1 wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 1:45pm

jallas wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 at 1:43pm :

noooo why? what's been happening?

well actually i dropped out >.>

phantom1 wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 12:31pm

jallas wrote on Mar 11th, 2009 at 5:05pm :

heel goed dank je wel, en met jou? hoe gaat uni nu?

it fails :(