ibanez for life

ibanez for life's Profile Comments

Punk Rocker wrote on Feb 19th, 2009 10:31pm

damn you go to mon don

I go to East haha

dorklord101 wrote on Dec 17th, 2008 2:28am

i like your avatar i loved hay arnold

SRX700 wrote on Sep 9th, 2008 4:32am

What's the caption in your pic say? It's too small to read :(

Vermintide wrote on Sep 6th, 2008 1:06am

ibanez for life wrote on Aug 10th, 2008 at 5:16pm :

why such shit guitars with such a great amp?

Because all that matters in the guitar is how comfortable you feel playing it. A good amp will make anything sound good, and pickups can always be changed :)

Just cause they aren't Ibanez ;)

Xiaoxi wrote on Jul 27th, 2008 4:27pm

Hey, it's no problem. I don't want to give you the impression that I was offended or anything so no need to apologize. I just sincerely wanted to offer a different view. :)

And thanks for listening.

Xiaoxi wrote on Jul 26th, 2008 5:55pm

2. Good music is relative. What we perceive to be good can be utterly horrendous to someone else. Again, it's all about which culture of music we subscribe to. But then again, how can we judge which cultures are superior and which are inferior? Do we do this with ethnic cultures? In our society, most people would frown upon you if you claimed that a certain societal culture is inferior to yours or another. Most of the time, we only say that the various human cultures are different. The same idea applies to musical cultures. In reality, there are no good and bad, just different. I don't consider myself as having good musical tastes. I simply which of the musical properties I am interested in most, and search for music that focus on those properties.

Xiaoxi wrote on Jul 26th, 2008 5:55pm

Thanks for your kind words. However, I must point out a couple of things:

1. A clash in genres is nothing novel if you understand and can adapt to the numerous cultures of music. I say culture, and not merely style/genre, because every genre not only sound different, but has its own set of musical values and priorities. There is a list of musical properties including form, timbre, pitch, contour, melody, harmony, rhythm and dynamics. Each culture of music has their own interpretation of which of these musical properties to emphasize on. If you view music as working this way, and not merely just sounding different, it's not hard to be able to appreciate multiple and contrasting genres.

Tom_hatton wrote on Jul 26th, 2008 2:17pm

I like Selkies better :D

Eric 666 wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 1:25am

ibanez for life wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:38am :

wow your playlist is made of win.

I love my playlist, I've been like...putting songs into it for a long time.

Fate_of_Mind wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 12:01pm

ibanez for life wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:13pm :

ah, summer school. that sucks. what did you fail? amazingly enough, i passed all my classes this year

Science *thumbs down*. I missed a few things and just sort of stopped caring after awhile. Had like a 20 at the end of the year, have a 92 in my summer school class right now :p

Fate_of_Mind wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 4:34pm

ibanez for life wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 9:14pm :

yeah he is amazing. i love opeth's new cd. but anyway its going pretty good. i have guitar tomorrow and i know i'll be in no mood to go because its summer and im lazy =/

what about you?

I've been listening to Watershed pretty constantly lately, amazing stuff.

I'm doing pretty well myself, got out of summer school for the day to sleep. Now I'm just bumming around, thinking about setting up a band practice for today if I can, maybe tomorrow.

Fate_of_Mind wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 10:24pm

Hey there! Thanks for the compliment on my musical taste. We disagree on Suicide Silence, but meh, I also don't like I Killed The Prom Queen, so it's an eye for an eye :p:

I must say that Mikael Akerfeldt is a fucking genius though.

So hows it going?

WyldChylde wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 5:23pm

www.encyclopediadramatica.com search for "guitar"

george8392 wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 1:27am

chocolate boy. lmao.

evanm31 wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 12:56am

ZOMG. My name is Evan, I like BTBAM and Sublime and I play Xbox360.

Awesome.

Sw00t wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 6:21am

....*comment*

Tom_hatton wrote on Jul 6th, 2008 2:39pm

ibanez for life wrote on Jul 5th, 2008 at 9:31pm :
ibanez' FTL

...Right

jpgilbert701 wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 5:43am

dude youve got some taste in music. Check out the songs in my sig and tell me what you think.

Eric 666 wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 4:18pm

damn right Bryan Adams FTW!

dudetheman wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 5:14am

[QUOTE=ibanez for life]wow that sounds like a lot of fun. unfortunately, i only smoked off a bong once and it wasn't very pleasant =(.[/QUOTE]

How was it not pleasant? I think that bongs are the best way to smoke. They filter the smoke and cool it off, that way I can take the biggest rips and get mega-baked! :D