hendrix4934

hendrix4934's Profile Comments

nath744 wrote on Jan 24th, 2009 2:41am

hi i sent you a invatation to the group you gonna join?

alkalineweeman wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 3:18pm

Hey man, cheers for the comments, its rare to get any decent crit on this site so its much appreciated.
Really digging your songs too, monkey man being personal favourite, cheers again.

overlapping wrote on Jan 19th, 2009 8:37pm

cheers for the comment bro. i have started playing about a year ago again after a very long pause (10 years) and experimenting is the word.

spoonylove90 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2008 1:54pm

im just over in schenectady. drop me a line and we can jam sometime.

Stumpo wrote on Jan 22nd, 2008 11:37am

Guidiance and Trust is a nice song
Although some parts, i feel that the solo may have too many notes.
It may just be me
Love the drums and the lead playing.
=)
I owed you this post from long a go. Haha

hendrix4934a wrote on Jan 20th, 2008 2:58pm

I am getting the intonation fixed on the guitar and putting in some new seymour duncans. (JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck.) So i'll re record some and see if that solves the problem.

Guitarded8988 wrote on Jan 20th, 2008 6:26am

i feel like if you take your guitar into a shop and get the intonation/tuning fixed, it will do wonders for the sound of your lead on these. I felt like you had really good dynamics throughout, but it just sounded out of tune?

C4C @ http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?p=12434383#post12434383

Donkey Fly wrote on Jan 19th, 2008 6:22pm

Day of the Dead is a cool son - Nice Synths - but i think the intonation is alittle of on your guitar and the opening lick is a little sloppy maybe - it might be how you intend it. It's Very mixed and very interesting to listen to though. Raindrops has some cool riffs and melodies including the bass which is awesome.

Some really nice ideas here.

guitarfreak414 wrote on Jan 14th, 2008 9:09am

I like what you've got on here, it's a lot different than the other stuff I've heard on here. I like you use of the strings and stuff. Your guitar playing is pretty good, other than some bends being out of tune and some of the fast parts didn't stay in time. But I like all the slow and melodic soloing you have going on. Oh, and you changed it up with 'Summertime.' Nice little upbeat tune there.

triggerhappy19 wrote on Jan 4th, 2008 2:35am

really like day of the dead, mixes alot of different genres, it's really interesting. not loving the tone of the first guitar part but it fits when it gets a little more intense. seems like it needs a little more flow going in and out of the solos

reversedlogic wrote on Jan 3rd, 2008 10:55pm

I liked the beats/tones of all of the songs. The build up in day of the dead was great, but I agree with what iwinsohard said about the distortion and some of the bends. Otherwise everything was great.

iwinsohard wrote on Dec 30th, 2007 5:44pm

But that sounds way too negative because it actually was pretty good, but just keep those suggestions in mind.

iwinsohard wrote on Dec 30th, 2007 5:43pm

I'm listening to Day of the Dead, it sounds almost classical which is pretty cool.

When you play the main melody on guitar don't let two notes ring out at once because you get bad dissonance on with the distortion.

I like the way it builds in intensity.

A lot of the bends are off and I'm pretty sure your intonation is off too.

And all of the faster parts sound forced and unnatural and some of them sound downright messy. I think it's easy to tell which ones I'm talking about, don't overplay your ability, the feel of the song doesn't really call for shredding so there's no need to throw messy shredding in.

GuitarJunkie wrote on Dec 20th, 2007 4:29am

I really like the rhythm section behind "Flowing through the river". More of my style song, a little jazzier a little more touch of blues. I think the first half of the song definately out does the second half so to speak. I kinda lost touch with the song as it neared the last third of the song. I wasn't as much into the lead part anymore. Some kind of breakdown I think would sound nice their, whether it be bass or the keys.

GuitarJunkie wrote on Dec 20th, 2007 4:16am

Some pretty nice stuff on here. Everything flows very nicely and im really diggin all the melodies. The lead guitar is right on , and i love the bass riff on "Raindrops" Also, everything is really tight in terms of playing, nothing too sloppy anywhere.