gumbilicious

gumbilicious's Profile Comments

red.guitar wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 11:02pm

gumbilicious wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 5:18pm :
your production on your songs is great.

Thanks for listening!

I was stoked with how they turned out. My new band (basically the same band as in those above song, but now we have an independent bass player so our singer can focus on singing and keys) is hitting the studio at the end of the month but we are trying out another local recording engineer. He done the first couple Sheep Dog records (they're local here).

oneblackened wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 10:57pm

Hey dude, can you get me those backing tracks?

TK Flash wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 2:38pm

Hey gumbilicious, I really like your songs. I have had your profile bookmarked since I read one of your guitar amp articles last year, but haven't taken the time to really listen to what's been put up. I hope to hear and read more of your stuff in the near future.

kutless999 wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 1:53am

Hey, my user name is now anonymous. :haha:

kutless999 wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 12:01am

gumbilicious wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 1:34pm :
it's not supposed to be funny. it's supposed to be revealing.
Oh, and what does "ae" mean?

kutless999 wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 10:33pm

gumbilicious wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 1:34pm :
it's not supposed to be funny. it's supposed to be revealing.
ok, it's better now after you changed it to kutless. Leave it there, it'll be a good exeample to other new users. :)

kutless999 wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 4:42pm

Your sig isn't funny. :(

FatalGear41 wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 3:35am

You made many good comments re: amp power and speaker power. My point about the AC30 was that if there were better speakers for it; Vox would have changed them out (one would hope). But you are correct about why it was chosen in the first place.

As for volume: 30 watts vs. 50 watts, there's also the issue of perceived volume. While mathematically there may not be much difference between, say, a 50-watt amp and a 100-watt amp (3dB, I believe), there is a noticeable difference in perceived volume because of the way the human ear and brain perceive sound. But your technical analysis was spot-on. Nice job!

denied wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 4:51am

Completely understand. That's one of the reasons I asked instead of just shooting the contact info over.

denied wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 1:49am

OR If your seriously after one, I can check in with him and see if he can still get those kinds of deals. ;)

CatharsisStudio wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 8:50pm

gumbilicious wrote on Aug 13th, 2010 at 9:53pm :
oh... you're like "For Real" aren't you. like a professional and stuff. cuz if you aren't, maybe you should start thinking about going in that direction...

impressive man. tracks like that don't just happen.

yeah dude! i appreciate it :)

teddyg10594 wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 12:21am

gumbilicious wrote on Aug 27th, 2010 at 9:57pm :
don't worry about being original as much as creating your own style. try to get a sound where people recognize it's you in the mix. it is hard to create a whole new sound doing song writing; especially when people don't buy 'new' sounds, they buy songs that conform to genre's.

Good thinking man thanks

ibrahimasood wrote on Aug 28th, 2010 11:30am

haha, do you want to donate some to me :')

teddyg10594 wrote on Aug 28th, 2010 2:01am

gumbilicious wrote on Aug 6th, 2010 at 11:21pm :
a guitar, an amp, a keyboard and a harmonica. looks like we have a songwriter.

trying it's almost impossible to be original these days

Riff Driven wrote on Aug 25th, 2010 12:34am

Hello there, I was looking through your amazing gear collection, I zoned out in there for quite a few! It's absolutely mind blowing, you have almost every pedal I've ever owned, and all their friends. Looks like a life long collection, I wish I still had some of my old pedals.
Btw, bara is a wonderful jam! Sounds like good times. :) Lots of talent and passion in there.

AcousticMirror wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 8:28am

Gumbi the JCA100hdm will be 999.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php ?t=2657562

Aashraya wrote on Aug 8th, 2010 10:15pm

oh cool, what the newer version call

and which song are we talking about. I think i commented on 2.

311ZOSOVHJH wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 1:21am

I love your NGD :cheers:

philipk wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 2:01pm

gumbilicious wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 10:42am :
phillip k dick was a drug-culture/sci-fi writer in the 60's and 70's. wrote a bunch of short stories and novels that were adapted to movies after his death. 'do androids dream of electric sheep' was a novel he wrote that was adapted to a movie call 'Blade Runner'. 'We'll Remember it for you Wholesale' was a movie called 'Total Recall', there are quite a few adaptations of his work. thought you might have been a fan.

1. you know too much