gpderek09

gpderek09's Profile Comments

seanington wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 10:04am

I use Fruity Loops 8 and a shit tonne of 8 nintendo/atari VST's.

seanington wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 5:39am

Hey man thanks for the song comment.

There is 1 Guitar each side @ 100%
Bass is centred (its a vst though)
Drums are XLN Addictive drums and I've editied the velocities and added many fills to stop it sounding loopy.

mexican_shred wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 1:06am

gpderek09 wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 at 1:06am :
you're a junior, right?

Yes sir. I get my ring next semester. I would have had it sooner but they screwed up some of my hours. oh well.

mexican_shred wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 7:20am

gpderek09 wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 at 12:18am :
oh sweet thanks, that'd be awesome.
No problem. I had to survive through the intro classes of track A as well, so i can help if ever needed. Its just alot of busy work for alot of the intro classes. If you do it you'll survive perfectly fine.

mexican_shred wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 1:03am

gpderek09 wrote on Jul 20th, 2009 at 12:13pm :
yeah i probably could've kept my head just above water had i done calc, but the drop out rate from starting there is 75% as opposed to 10% starting in pre-cal.

i've been swimming all summer. i got a job as a lifeguard. so i think i'll manage O.K.

yep, aerospace engineering. i'm going to legitimately be a rocket scientist.

Pre cal will give you a nice buffer 4 for your gpr. Calc isnt too bad though. I thought pre calc was harder subject all in all, since you barely use trig in calc
Ah well then you'll be good.

Thats great. When you take engr 111/112 i can sell you one of the text books for really cheap if needed

mexican_shred wrote on Jul 20th, 2009 6:54am

gpderek09 wrote on Jul 19th, 2009 at 11:25pm :
your post
*shrug*

But thats great that you came in with so many classes out of the way. A light first semester is the perfect way to transition into college, especially if you live off campus. Precal will be like algebra two with trig in it so it wont be anything too difficult. And chem 107 is basically advanced high school chemistry. Its not too terribly hard. hardest part is the lab, and that because its tedious since alot of the time you have to stay the whole 3 hours and you may get a bitch TA(but thats college as i've found out). Swimming is fun but a tedious workout. Gets you in better shape than you started though. So you're doing Aerospace engineering?

Did you get your books from on campus book store or off campus book store?

mexican_shred wrote on Jul 20th, 2009 6:53am

gpderek09 wrote on Jul 19th, 2009 at 11:24pm :
your post.

oh boy that didnt sound too good bro. Sounds like this year had alot of stuff like that happen . My friend who came up, was dropped off by his parents and his phone broke so he ended up getting lost in the SCC. I was only passing by when i saw him and had to save his butt.

The whole NSC is just hey info, and registration. Everything that they said was mandatory(minus the academic meetings) was not mandatory and could be found on the tamu website.

mexican_shred wrote on Jul 17th, 2009 4:07am

How'd your NSC go?

Mark G wrote on Jul 4th, 2009 8:25pm

gpderek09 wrote on Jul 4th, 2009 at 3:21pm :
where'd you get the backing track?

guitarbackingtrack.com disturbed -26 was using it for his tests

octavarium78 wrote on Mar 7th, 2009 4:09am

invite for gain whores?

Mark G wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 10:02pm

Send me an email and I'll reply with the best cab impulse I have found attached

Mark G wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 10:01pm

gpderek09 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 4:52pm :

Mark G wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 11:47am :

Cheapest way is obviously to just run your guitar into your interface instrument in...since the rest will just be software.

Better would be if you use the amp head direct out, or effects loop send. Then you won't have to use an amp preamp simulator.

I have some clips in my profile which are 100% simulated, no amp. I need to get me a new interface to record my head.

so basically i just need to torrent those programs?

Pretty much. Grab the following:
-Revalver mkIII
-Wagner Sharp v2
-SIR2 impulse loader
-TSS
-Reaper/cubase/nuendo/protools/etc

Revalver and wagner have good emulatin stuff, SIR2 is the best cab loader I have found yet, TSS is a tube screamer plugin, reaper etc you know.

Mark G wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 5:47pm

Mark G wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 5:44pm

gpderek09 wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 5:38pm :

what all do i need to make this work?

Several ways to do it, I'll go from best quality to worst.

Way 1:

You need:
1. guitar
2. amp head
3. Audio interface with a line-in
4. Cubase or Reaper or a similar VST host
5. Vogenxo Boogex free VST plugin
6. Free impulse

You run cable from your amp head effets loop send OR direct out into the line-level input on your interface or soundcard. From here the rest is software: Cubase + Vogenxo boogex plugin and an impulse.

Way 2:

you need:
1. Guitar
2. Interface or soundcard with instrument in (cheap)
3. Cubase or other VST host (Hacked = free:D)
4. VST preamp simulator (wagner sharp, free!)
5. VST poweramp and cab simulator (voxengo boogex, free!)
6. free impulse

Just record your clean DI guitar into cubase or similar, and run those plugins over it.

HIM%(^ wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 4:46am

cuz texas is like..where the good shit is at. thats cool though, is baseball your main sport?

HIM%(^ wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 4:09am

have you been recruited anywhere..since you live in like..texas hahaha

Shinozoku wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 2:43am

That game is damn addicting :P

Erock503 wrote on May 14th, 2008 5:45pm

gpderek09 wrote on May 13th, 2008 at 6:29pm :

don't tell me you bought a diezel?

hehe, what can I say, I'm a gain whore!

kurdtkobaign wrote on Feb 27th, 2008 12:50am

Playin baseball? Tryouts at the high school started today. I went to watch my gf's little bro and ended up being a temporary assistant 3rd base coach for the frosh team. :haha

1 2 3 4 read next