gpb0216

gpb0216's Profile Comments

tedelston wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 2:30pm

I tried playing the intro to Thin lizzy's cold sweat solo, its picking, very fast. I tried your method of accurately playing it slowly, never giving into the temptation of playing it fast, maybe quarter speed for a month, every day i practice this for about an hour and a half maybe more, but I still can't play it over a third speed accurately. Its driving me mad, have you any suggestions?

dino1978 wrote on Mar 25th, 2010 12:02pm

thank You for that 21-day-method, I will try it and let You know. After one day, I feel my muscles burning already - that's a good sign I'm training muscles I didn't even use entirely before in my shred lines!

mrnbkn wrote on Aug 2nd, 2009 6:27am

how many years do you have spent playong guitar?

chokmool wrote on Feb 8th, 2009 9:20am

I'm a bit less of a geezer than you. I'm a '59, so you're older than me. Nice to see how many of us are still at it,

Lobyte wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 11:49pm

Hey,, so i wanted to give the 21 day speed buildthing ago, sounded really believable ^^ but what would you do for practice. just running up and down the minor or major scale?

nightflyer wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 10:39am

gpb, just finished reading the speed building thread and was mightily impressed by your tips and comments. To anyone else, read the thread!

Broken-pick wrote on Jan 24th, 2008 9:42am

About the 21 days practice,how long do you need to practice per day?Should I practice a whole song with it or can you gimme a lick to practice with it?I'm really eager to try this 21 days idea out.

mister sir wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 6:20am

Hey bro, I have a question.
Did anyone contact you back about that 21 days idea?
Any feedback?
I need to synchronize my hands, and practicing for 21 days builds speed. Should I practice the 21 days idea or play a lick and then when I get it perfect, bring it up a few bpm, and then repeat it (kind of like what Steve Vai does)? Because I don't need to build up speed, i just need to synchronize my hands.
Which way should I use?
Thanks again,
mister sir

Metal_stuff wrote on Sep 6th, 2007 4:07am

Thank you...That has helped...It's easy to slap on the 3/8 time or whatever sounds more common or official but since it was alternating note rest note rest etc. I would hear 1and2and3and etc. Thanks again.