familybucket

familybucket's Profile Comments

jcoley2 wrote on Oct 20th, 2009 1:38am

familybucket wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:32am :
Hey just wanted to say you strat is beautiful! The purpleish one. What colour is it exactly?
familybucket wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:32am :
familybucket wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:32am :
familybucket wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:32am :
familybucket wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:32am :

Are you talking about the Strat VG? If so, that is black.

Mr. Slave wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 11:36pm

familybucket wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 at 1:19pm :
haha

hehe hoho haha!

SomeoneYouKnew wrote on Sep 12th, 2009 10:26pm

1 - Don't reply on spam threads that have been reported.

2 - Check your email for possible warning.

:cheers:

Lil Macker wrote on Jun 22nd, 2009 1:56pm

familybucket wrote on Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:41pm :

Hey I like what you've done to your 50's Stratocaster, I plan on doing something similar! Have you changed the pickups or are they stock?

They're stock ones (although the stock ones were 57/62s) :p: I just changed the pickup covers cause I hated the aged ones.

I was also thinking of putting a master tone control on it, but oh well.

TheQuailman wrote on Jun 9th, 2009 5:48pm

familybucket wrote on Jun 7th, 2009 at 11:25am :

Hey Quailman, I need your help.

For my Stratocaster MIM, I will be getting a Cool Rails in the Bridge and SSL-3's in the neck and middle positions.

You told me that I would need to get a new pickup selector switch aswell so I could split the rails. I would not be installing the pickups myself, so what would I tell the person who is, how to put in the new pickup selector?

Thanks.

If you get it done by a pro, chances are he'll know how to do it, so you won't need to tell him what switch to use. I also did some research and found this:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagra ms/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w_as
It looks like a standard selector switch, so you should be able to have the humbucker split in position 4 without having to buy a new switch.

CorduroyEW wrote on Jun 3rd, 2009 12:29pm

Lots of people really like my Hot gorilla groove and swingin hot pickups for this. They both have a thick tone and high output (for a single coil) but the Hot Gorilla groove is clearer and more aggressive sounding. The Swining Hot is a bit more nasal. My personal favorite for high gain is my Hot texan. It's a bit more wild and out of control with a texan blues chime which makes it thoroughly obnoxious but I think it's great.

A few other good options are my warm gorilla fist, swingin warm, and sg cew. These pickups have a wider tonal range than the higher output singles which makes them a lot more versatile and much closer to what you would expect to hear on a single coil instrument. They don't drive your amps and pedals as hard so some would say they are not as good for high gain but others say the best high gain tones come from low output pickups.

Some specific examples of what you are after would really help me narrow things down.

demitriv wrote on May 23rd, 2009 11:23pm

familybucket wrote on May 3rd, 2009 at 5:18pm :

Yeah it's great. The cleans are nice and warm and the gain channel sounds so powerful for a 5 watt amp! It can handle band practices pretty well, as I've done a few and it could definitely handle a few small gigs quite easily without mic'ing it. Try it out!

Thanks.

CorduroyEW wrote on May 14th, 2009 6:16pm

familybucket wrote on May 14th, 2009 at 11:59am :

Hey. Out of your single coil pickups, which ones would you recommend if I want to play Jimi Hendrix/ Eric Clapton type stuff?
Thanks for your help.

Hendrix stuff would be covered best by my 69 Gorilla groove pickups. Clapton's tone before he switched to lace sensor pickups came from 1962 strat pickups so my 62 smooth groove would be best for that. The post lace sensor clapton tone is best from a set of my swingin' warm pickups.

If you want to do a bit of everything I'd go with a 62 neck 69 middle and a swingin' warm bridge. This will give you the smooth chime of early clapton in the neck, the dry distortion of Hendrix in the middle, and a bridge that has the same Hendrix type EQ but is a bet less harsh like the modern clapton.

CorduroyEW wrote on May 3rd, 2009 9:53pm

familybucket wrote on May 3rd, 2009 at 2:54pm :

Hey
I'm really interested in buying some of your Smooth Groove 62 pickups, but there are a few things I'm unsure about.

Does having copper shielding in the pickups act like a noise gate? Are there any negative effects if you choose this option?
And what is a steel grounding plate?

Thanks.

The copper tape will give you a darker sound. It does shield the pickup slightly from noise but the effect is minimal. The grounding plate is what you normally find on telecaster guitars. In the 50's and 60's bridge pickups were not calibrated to match the neck and middle which meant that the bridge usually sounded thin and weak. Musicians would cut their own steel plates and mount them to the bridge pickup because the steel plate would increase the output of the pickup and give it a fuller midrange. Grounding plates also give you a twangy sound that you wouldn't normally get from a strat pickup.

demitriv wrote on May 1st, 2009 8:27pm

I'm also curious about the Blackstar, is it good?

k7apex wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 11:57pm

familybucket wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 7:36am :

Hey would you use your blackstar for gigs without micing it up? Do you think it's loud enough???

I wouldn't recommend it unless you up grade the speakers to 4x12's. That should be good enough as long as its a full stack. Other than that, i recommend you mic it up