em!ly

em!ly's Profile Comments

craig-sansum wrote on Oct 31st, 2013 4:31pm

: 3 rawr

me+yourmom=69 wrote on Aug 5th, 2013 7:06pm

u wanna hang out gurl?

candyflipper7 wrote on Apr 6th, 2013 4:49am

Saw you online....Just want to wish you a killer weekend! Flipper ;)

candyflipper7 wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 3:59pm

HI Emily~ Thanks for adding me! Love your profile. Looking forward to stopping in to say Hi and follow you here on UG. Have a killer Weekend ;) Flipper.

the chalky one wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 3:52pm

Heym haven't talked to you in a long time, what's up?

Michael87 wrote on Nov 4th, 2012 2:44am

em!ly wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 at 11:13am :
Thanks dude

Cheers :)

Michael87 wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 10:20pm

em!ly wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:22am :
I hope so lol, we should be recording a new EP in early 2013 so that'll be interesting

Pretty soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Michael87 wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 10:53pm

em!ly wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 at 7:34pm :
Well actually it did, we liked him but it just felt weird playing electric stuff without our old band members, so seeing as that drummer (Harry) is a multi-instrumentalist we've asked him to stay with us as and play 12 sting guitar, mandolin and percussion on our next record. It's going to be pretty interesting

Oh, great :) Every musician has its own style of playing, so I guess it could make a difference in some way. I hope everything will be ok now :)

Yeah, 12 string guitar might be interesting. I've never played on such guitar, although I'd wish to :) The neck is a bit wider and I suppose it's harder to press the strings down.

Michael87 wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 11:14pm

em!ly wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:30pm :
Oh we quarrelled ha ha .. Hopefully thing will get better, we're staying acoustic for a while now

Haha :) So all in all it didn't work out with that drummer? Maybe you could do like I do and compose drums in a program on a computer (or instead of composing them from a scratch use added patterns and just correct them, so they would fit your idea). It's not the best way, it's sometimes a bit laborious work, but it's always something.

Paraffinity wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 4:26pm

em!ly wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:31pm :
hi there how are you?

i'm great thanks, but i only kind of remember sending that. was drunk... have a pleasant day anyway haha

Paraffinity wrote on Oct 27th, 2012 1:56am

HEElloo? :)!

Sorry

Michael87 wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 8:32pm

em!ly wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 8:55pm :
I'll look into doing that. We haven't technically broken up, they just left, we did make that demo but we'll be making another better one just as soon as our line up is sorted out. And yeah they have started a new band.

Maybe I don't know English well enough to see the difference, but it is kinda braking up :), well maybe you just didn't quarrel during that and that's the difference.

It sometimes happens like that, maybe this time will be better and you'll gain from that split up.

Michael87 wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 9:58pm

Maybe you could review that UK band I sent you, I guess they would be happy about it. Although they're from London, so I suppose you might not have time to go there, but you can always review them on-line.

Oh, it's a pity that you broke up. I thought you're getting along, you recorded a demo and wanted to record another one. So what with them now, they are going to make their own band and they just left you? Hope it will work out for you with those new musicians.

Michael87 wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 1:20am

I don't have facebook fan page, I never cared about it. I mostly care about music, not making nice videos to it, etc. I guess it's a huge mistake, if you want people to visit your channel more than once and promote it to others, when your music is average/normal like mine. I used to have private facebook page though, but I kinda don't need such things, so I deactivated it.

All in all, how it goes so far? Have you thought about taking your chances as a music reporter in the future or it's just for fun for now and you want to be someone else (I guess professional guitarist) :).

Michael87 wrote on Oct 19th, 2012 1:20am

Oh, ha :) I was kinda joking, but it's nice of you :) I guess, that so far I've got not much to show since only my last song is mixed and mastered more less properly. I'd have to go through my stuff once again and fix it.

I'm also going to work on a song with some vocalist from States soon, so I'm gonna have something more to show (unless he won't come up with any lyric to my idea) and it would be nice to have it then, since the most of my songs are just instrumental and only a few are fully instrumental, because I meant them to be like that, not because it's hard to find some vocalist to collaborate with... at least for me :)

Michael87 wrote on Oct 14th, 2012 12:52am

em!ly wrote on Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:13pm :
Sweet, i'm not really that into southern rock but that British band are good

and here's a lady I recently interviewed for a website that i write for, she's kind of acoustic punk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI1CbYv93DU

If you'd like to read the interview you can find it here - http://carpemusica.com/content/exclusive-interview -louise-distras

Haha I knew, you'd like them the most :P

I've just listened to her song, I like it :) and I'll read your interview later.

How did you become music reporter? Now I know to whom I should write, if I'd want to promote myself :D

Michael87 wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 5:49pm

em!ly wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:42am :
That's true I guess lol. So what other bands/artists are you listening to at the minute?

Well, I listen to many different bands, a lot of them are from States and lately I found such band on YT:

Some time ago I also found this:

If you're interested in alternative rock, you can check this Polish band:

And if you like southern rock check this:

They're also from Poland, but they still just an underground band.

You can also check this British band:

They're also still making their way on the top.

And you? Have you got anything to recommend?

Michael87 wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 11:22pm

em!ly wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:32am :
Thats a cool way of thinking about composing, i guess sometimes it must be easier to compose as a solo artist because you kind of have a lot more creative freedom.

Thank you :) and like you've said sometimes. Sure you've got more freedom, but when you stuck at some point, you're on your own and in a band a few other people think together with you. Also when you play with others and you want to check your new idea, you can do it in the blink of an eye, but when you're alone, you have to rerecord, rearrange, etc. and sometimes it's kinda long and annoying process :)

Michael87 wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 10:33pm

em!ly wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:27pm :
Thanks for checking it out dude and sweet, i had a listen to some of the tracks on your youtube page, I especially like that one it really sounds like you know what you're doing.

Thank you :) Well I'm still and always learning and every song I make gives me a lesson for the future, so it's kinda good you like it more than my other songs. On the other hand most of my songs are composed to put some vocal on them, when I find a singer, so it's not so interesting to listen to them. After all such songs are rather repetitive. I've got only a few fully instrumental songs, where I don't what to put any vocal on.

Michael87 wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 4:35pm

Haha, well it sometimes happens :)

Yeah it always take some time, before a few people match up when they make a band and your recordings are proof for that. Although it can always be better, you can always make some progress and you're gonna, if you stay together long enough.

Oh, thanks. I've checked that site before, but I haven't noticed, I can download them from there. I've already done it, so there's no problem :)

And if you like blues you can check my song, I recently recorded in collaboration with one vocalist from US.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.ph p?p=30380302#post30380302