dudey5691

dudey5691's Profile Comments

aerorocker101 wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 6:55pm

LURKER

darkwolf291 wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 7:09pm

Just swung by to check out your gear
Not to bad if I say so myself

Bostonrocks wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 7:52am

Yeah man, I love it, I'm happy you like my clipz! You should get one if you want old school late 70s and 80s sound it's for you

Steeze wrote on Apr 27th, 2009 2:30am

alright dude(y) the boost/OD seems like the most viable option because yeah i do play metal mostly so that sounds great.

I don't want to deal with attenuation or reamping. both are too expenisve and i just don't wanna do it ahah.

but yeah thanks!

im prolly gonna get a bad monkey when i can.

cheers.

Steeze wrote on Apr 25th, 2009 5:12pm

What are the cons to practicing at low volumes with the amp?

Guess il have to start practicing a bit louder then haha.

Also what is a good attenuator to look into? Does attenuation have any effect on the performance of the amp and how easy is it to do?

I dont wanna spend too much.

Steeze wrote on Apr 24th, 2009 11:05pm

quick question. i didnt want to make a thread for this.

the 60 watts of power that the B-52at112 has would be ok for just bedroom use right? like it wouldn't become a problem over time?

or is it overkill?

IbanezPsycho wrote on Jan 21st, 2009 6:08pm

dudey5691 wrote on Jan 20th, 2009 at 5:20pm :

Hey IP, you have the Electro-Voice mic that is like a SM57 clone right? Is it a pretty good mic, recording-tone wise? The microphone I have now is pretty shoddy for any high gain I try, does the EV handle high gain well?
Do you have any clips up that are using that mic? If not, could you post some for me, please?

Thanks

I use that mic for all of my clips mixed with my Oktava. The topend brightness of the clip is usually the EV and the bottom end is usually the Oktava. Its a great mic and can handle quite a bit of high gain. Also its a clone of the sm57 with out the added coloration the sm57 tends to add. I compared both side by side and prefered the EV. For the pirce you cant beat it.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 9:33pm

dudey5691 wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 1:32pm :

Good stuff, is it hard? I didn't know there was a girl singing in it until a week after i got the album, even though I listened to the album repeatedly during that time

You should try out Hex Omega, it's pretty easy and sounds cool.

Yea its not that hard at all. I will have to check that song out. Gonna work on learning I Cum Blood today :haha

Necrophagist777 wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 5:25am

dudey5691 wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 at 9:19pm :

Hellz yeah, they're kickass. You learn that song, it'd be awesome!
Actually, the entire Watershed album is amazing, although you can definitely tell what song are based around the same key. (Porcelain Heart/Hex Omega)

I learned to play Coil on Acoustic. Cristina's voice in that song is amazing.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 2:59am

dudey5691 wrote on Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:04pm :

They're pretty good, but I don't listen to them much anymore... my music tastes have changed to more progressive stuff.
I listen to way too much Opeth, Tool, APC, and Muse :haha

Opeth is awesome. I'm gonna learn to play burden soon, love the solos in that song.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Jan 12th, 2009 6:16am

Didn't know you liked Escape the Fate? NICE!

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 28th, 2008 3:07am

dudey5691 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 7:00pm :

Those are some really good cleans coming from EMG's, I guess I haven't heard enough of the pickups to really just, though.

Kicking some Killswitch, eh? Arms of Sorrow? It's been a while since I've listened to them, but I had that one stuck in my head all today for some reason.

Yep, Arms of Sorrow. I was using the Neck Pickup 85 with the volume knob down a bit and the bright switch on. Had the reverb on about 7 too.

If you fiddle around you can get some nice clean tones from EMG's they're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 28th, 2008 2:06am

dudey5691 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 5:41pm :

Good job, then!

LOL for the last week i've been like, why is my tone crap and my sustain gone. Well i was playing some clean stuff today and i noticed this staticy noise everytime i held a note, so i'm like wtf is that.

I changed the battery in my emg's. VOILA my tonez is back and the static is gone! Sounds so much clearer with much better sustain and harmonics.

Got a new little clip of some clean playing, guess the riff and you get a biscuit.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 28th, 2008 1:15am

dudey5691 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 4:03pm :

Which one? The barre chord string skipping one, or the chromatic finger stretch thing?
Good job on hitting 190bpm!

the one that goes like, 1 low E, 2 D, 3 G, 4 High E, and then on down the neck.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 7:19pm

I was working on the rock discipline excercises with a metronome and I got up to 190 bpm playing really clean and fluid on the part with the exercise for both hands.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 5:42am

dudey5691 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 at 9:33pm :

Yeah, that video definitely helps with those. Are you up to five billion beats per second yet? (there are some parody videos on Youtube from Rock discipline, they're kinda funny, and the last sentence was a pun from one)

If you can, check out some Paul Gilbert videos, too. He has some good little things to practice that'll help. I was watching a video earlier and I already noticed an improvement in the control of my ring and pinky fingers, although I'm far from where I want to be.

I've seen all those vids, their hillarious. I've watched some of Paul's stuff too, really good!

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 5:29am

dudey5691 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 at 9:13pm :

I've watched that several times, it is a really good video. I use the warmup techniques he says in those videos, but never really got past that... I should probably look into it again, I'm always forgetting things.

Good to hear that you're taking this whole thing to heart, no doubt you'll be seeing significant improvement over the next few weeks.

I've always had trouble with finger independence so it's really helping with that.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 4:49am

You should check out John Petrucci's Rock Discipline, i went through all the exercises today. INSANE! Amazingly helpful, completely different player afterwards.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 5:10pm

I just started working with a metronome. god is it different than just using your head but it's so much better.

Necrophagist777 wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 6:45am

dudey5691 wrote on Nov 25th, 2008 at 10:37pm :

completely understandable.

You did that entire thing by ear? Well, considering that, your cover was quite good, then.

Everything but the first quick part. I do need to work on my bending, it's something ive never practiced. Just started working on it now, lol my left hand is killing me.

1 2 3 read next