dougl126

dougl126's Profile Comments

alex-led-zepp91 wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 5:04pm

dougl126 wrote on Feb 24th, 2010 at 10:02pm :
Thanks,
Yeah I've looked at so many amps, but I just keep coming back to this one. The problem is I cant find anywhere to try it out, so I might just go for it.

yea i had to buy it without trying it out, just went on the reccommendations of a friend.
I honestly can't see myself ever getting rid of it, brilliant amp

alex-led-zepp91 wrote on Feb 24th, 2010 6:07pm

dougl126 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 5:32am :
Hey I was wondering about your Tech 21 Trademark 30.
How does it handle gain? Is it good for metal? Would it take a distortion pedal?
And is it loud enough to keep up with a drummer?

Thanks dude, I've heard nothing but good reviews about it.

Hey man. It's a great all round amp I've found. Had it for 2 and a half years and still finding interesting new settings for it. It handles gain well, and there are good metal settings that sound good with my cheap guitar so I imagine they would be even better with EMG's or Duncans etc.
I've used it for 2 small,school gigs so far, both with pretty loud drummers and it's still been heard so yea.
Clean tones are nothing short of perfect on it and it comes with a manual with some reccommended settings (AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen and a few others) and they all sound great.
I highly recommend the amp to anyone :)

Msu_Man04 wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 2:16pm

I approve of your macaroni. MSU for the win.

Don't know or really care if I'll GO there, but I like it.

Nick The Lefty wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 8:59pm

As far as paints go, any oil based paint will work, but I used Rust-Oleum protective enamel paint, and different colors were thicker (silver was by far the thinnest, and black was the thickest) than others, so I guess depending on the color you might need a little thinner. I didn't use any and it turned out okay, so I guess it's optional.

maverick_137 wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 12:35am

I don't have experience with hot rails so I can only suggest you trying it. My only concern would be whether or not the output of the neck and mid would outweigh the output of the pup not sure tho. Sry don't check my comments often.

Nick The Lefty wrote on Oct 15th, 2009 4:05am

dougl126 wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 at 6:09pm :
Nick The Lefty wrote on Oct 11th, 2009 at 10:47pm :Hey, yeah, I did swirl my guitar, sorry about the long time to reply

How did it go? Any tips? I hope to give this a try over Christmas break, but from what I've been reading it seems harder than it looks.

Well, definitely do a test dip or two first to get an idea of how much paint you need (you really don't need that much) and to make sure the water/borax mix is good. I'm hoping that you've at least looked at this http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/swirled.htm link, it's what I used and it helped a lot. Any questions feel free to ask me

Jackal58 wrote on Oct 15th, 2009 3:37am

Hello fellow Michigander. :cheers:

Nick The Lefty wrote on Oct 12th, 2009 4:47am

Hey, yeah, I did swirl my guitar, sorry about the long time to reply

Natrone wrote on Oct 10th, 2009 7:56pm

Wait....what do you mean by swirl?

Natrone wrote on Oct 10th, 2009 7:55pm

Nah, I never swirled my guitar. In fact I'm ashamed to admit that everything I own is stock other than the pearloid pickguard and lack of pickup covers on my Squier

kurtcobainsucks wrote on Jun 3rd, 2009 8:11pm

GO SPARTANS BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pernell wrote on May 29th, 2009 7:10am

Really? who?

Zero-Hartman wrote on Apr 23rd, 2009 8:51am

What up G, thanks for request 'n' shizzle yo'. :cool:

By the way, your acoustic is beautiful :3

Allansfirebird wrote on Feb 7th, 2009 6:14pm

Thanks for the rating and comment! Sorry about the tab getting cluttered, I just like to tab out every audible part in a song when I work on it to make it sound as close to the original album as possible.

IMABBALLPLAYER wrote on Jun 5th, 2008 4:37am

Wow. It said under your avatar you used to live in Holland. I used to live in Hamilton. Pretty small world.

whiterabbit@kc. wrote on Jan 3rd, 2008 3:28am

I too have a "Melody Plus" guitar (Superb X45 model). I purchased this guitar from the Seven Seas store in San Diego in 1967. It really is a pretty nice "cheap" guitar and it still looks great today. My "good" guitar is a Martin D28, but this little guy is easy to play and carry around without worrying about getting a few scratches or dents. The sound is adequate, at best. I would like to know if this guitar has any intrinsic value or is a collector's item.